• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Hence what I said about UE4, unfortunately there is nothing really for me to go test this on

Which is why I said what I said, because if it is actually hard enough to cause problems I will be shocked. Then again, after the whole "Unreal 3 can't run at 60FPS" thing, anything is possible.

Why did they dump MT Framework anyway?

Usually you won't need to worry about reaching the recommended specs. Hopefully over time the game's functionality will be better optimised.

Essentially, if you want all of your over the top particle effects etc you'll need to hit this criteria, otherwise you should be fine with an average build.

I was planning on getting a new PC next year, so its good to know the preferred specs. I'm tempted to get a Steam controller, but the programming feature seems sketchy.

Not to mention Japanese devs seem to overblow requirements more than others.

I mean, hell, my CPU was below minimal for MGR: Revengeance and I was able to run the game on max settings losing FPS only when I cut something into ridiculous ammount of pieces. And that happened even on Totalbiscuit's PC. so ya know.

Yeah, it's like they aim high, just in case. In my experience Japanese games often suffer bad PC ports (see Dark Souls series). Is this because consoles are king in Japan? PC is an afterthought?

Watching Max's Karin breakdown video
And he leads in with a comment about pronunciation confusion. Which do you say?

Karin = "Kar-een"
Karin ≠ "Care-en"

I have a cousin called "Karen" so I have to remind myself of the Japanese pronunciation of Karin (カリン). Kareen Kareen Kareen

Is funny, because since i'm by default a portuguese speaker, and Street fighter is a japanese game, and both the portuguese and japanese pronunciation of the name are very similar, the american way to pronounce never came into my mind. xD

I had assumed it was pronounced かりん because it was a Japanese game and it is actually a Japanese name independent from the Swedish one, but the character select pronunciation is actually kah-rin from what I've heard people say, which is bizarre.

I say it like Kar-een

but the een part I say really softly to where it almost sounds like "in"
I think it sounds best that way.

Should have noted this, the syllables かりん(カリン) are kah-ree-n so "kar" doesn't sound right to me.

There will be both a Capcom and a Street Fighter panel/event at NYCC this year with "the latest news and maybe a surprise or two" in the description for both.

That said; it's the same weekend as the Brazil Game Show, so it's probably the same news and build that will be available there.

But anyone still holding onto hope for a certain fighter from New York might want to keep this in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
I will be in attendance in NYCC, so I'll be there to give out the secrets when they come out.

Reactions: Shockdingo and Aden
I pronounce her name Kah Ren because Australia

I guess the correct Japanese way would be Kar Rin though

New quotes from v-trigger.com:

R. Mika def. Rashid – You’re looking for your friend? My teammates might know something!

Rashid def. Ryu – You seek the meaning of battle? You’re funny! And a little odd.

Rashid def. Ken – If mine is the turbulent wind, is yours the burning hurricane?

Rashid def. Chun Li – Searching for loved ones is hard. You just don’t know when to stop.

Rashid def. M. Bison – I win. Now return my friend! That’s all I ask.

Rashid def. R. Mika – So you’re a professional wrestler. Me? I’m sort of a…wandering hero.

Rashid def. Necalli – What an amazing transformation! I should’ve taken a video

Rashid def. Rashid -You look just like me! let’s take a picture together and put it online!

Rashid def. Karin – Whoa there, take it easy! I don’t think I could beat you again.

R. Mika def. Rashid – You’re looking for your friend? My teammates might know something!

Rashid def. Ryu – You seek the meaning of battle? You’re funny! And a little odd.

Rashid def. Ken – If mine is the turbulent wind, is yours the burning hurricane?

Rashid def. Chun Li – Searching for loved ones is hard. You just don’t know when to stop.

Rashid def. R. Mika – So you’re a professional wrestler. Me? I’m sort of a…wandering hero.

Rashid def. Rashid -You look just like me! let’s take a picture together and put it online!

Rashid def. Karin – Whoa there, take it easy! I don’t think I could beat you again.
Not gonna lie, I actually like the sound of "Burning Hurricane"

Not gonna lie, I actually like the sound of "Burning Hurricane"

Sounds like what happens after I eat too much Indian food.

I actually like the sound of "Burning Hurricane"
Joe_sprite.gif

You called?

Reactions: Wenzel and Midiman
Screw Upper, his super version of Hurricane Upper, seems pretty damn on fire to me.

Screw Upper, his super version of Hurricane Upper, seems pretty damn on fire to me.
It doesn't actually set the opponent on fire in any game I remember it being in, and that includes the Real Bout games.

i thought the Screw Upper was supposed to be the heat of his B U R N I N G H E A R T A N D F I G H T I N G S P I R I T

PWOOSH

Okay now this post reminds me of Rival Schools

He want to take a picture for facebook vs necalli and a selfie in a mirror match

this dude... THIS DUDE!

Once-a-week-set-something-on-fire..gif

Darn it @Ruin ! Put you gosh darn fires out after you light them!
You and Ken both with your flaming athletes foot bullsharts....
[extinguishes fire]
[sigh]
Anyway, anyone wanna make bets on aspects of the next new character?

I'm betting on a muscular or fat, hard-hitting female or a female trap/zoner.

I'm taking the cop out and say Laura and Capoeira or BJJ.

Also, when someone says "trap zoner" I think Testament, what is a trap zoner in SF context? Because I can't think of anyone who uses traps, unless we're qualifying Aegis as a trap.
Googling "street fighter trap character" goes as well as you'd think.

Reactions: Covenant
Juri's fireballs are for zoning and combos, they're not traps though. They have a gimmick, sure, but it's not a trap set up.

Capoeira girl fighter with moves based on SFxT christie monteiro.

That is my bet.

That's more likely than BJJ since we already have a female grappler in the game.

Then again it could be a hybrid, or something else entirely like Krav Maga, or just entirely made up.

We are still short an actual zoner, so she could fill that roll, assuming she even exists.

See you in June.

Reactions: Cadenza