• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Seems they didn't focus on giving a bunch of new moves/radically changing his design, but instead just very improved what he already had.

- Gets crouch walk + charge benefits which improves his overall charge motion game.

- V Skill sounds like it will be one of the more practical V Skills [Karin/Ken/etc] rather then the more gimmick [R Mika/Alex/etc] ones. Sounds like a reliable pressure tool after KDs.

- V Trigger improves zoning game + buffs super similar to Ryu's V Trigger

This matchup is gonna makes me vomit a little inside.
At least Guile players that stuck with Nash as a poor replacement has him now.

Also neat they are adding classic stages. You would have thought they would have done this back in IV. If they want their business model to work [make people believe grinding FM in the long run is impractical if you want everything] they need to add more stuff besides characters and hit/miss costumes.

Nice that RQs will actually get timed out too now, but it won't solve the problem at all if this will still continue to only target people with like 80% disconnect rates. The fact that this is issue is lasting so long shows they don't give a crap about 'honor' by taking the L since they want to climb the leaderboard/get max FM in the most efficient way possible if exploits like this will continue to be exposed.

I'm confused
does the Trigger replace Guile's normals with Sanic Buums or are they given an auto projectile utility install like Oroboros or Dark Phoenix

No mention of ragequits getting counted as a loss? I'm sure people will still try to skirt the system by just doing it sparingly, right below the threshold to get caught.

Why does guile's design now give a crappy 80s renegade cop kinda feel?

Reactions: The Dave
Maybe his two alts will be good unlike for Alex lol

Here is theme preview

Kind of meh way too much guitar riff buildup filler before the part many want to hear.

Wonder what the stage theme will be. Doubt it will be another Guile theme version.

Boy guile existing is going to suck for gief.

Wow didn't have to wait until the end of the month when the character launched this time. Yeah Guile is looking good.

- Looks like he retained some of his good normals
- Still has air grab [poor Cammy]
- obvious Sonic Booms and Flash Kick still here
- Crouch walk stance looks very slow, but looks like you can charge as you move forward which adds a new dimension to his game plan.
- V skill looks like an ok Oki option or even a way to cover approach at certain range.
- V Trigger is better then Ryu's in terms of projectile speed/recovery. Looks like decent duration too even when throwing out multiple booms.
- Sonic Hurricane will be be another tool to make opponent cautious of jump ins.

Definitely at least mid tier unless something unpleasant shows up when players touch him.

His v-trigger made me hype for Guile which I thought was impossible. That shit looked cool.

Dude got a promotion, can't walk around i fatigues anymore while he's doing reports lol
or maybe Guile got Demoted. remember he was part of the Military's secret force with Nash. Now we see Guile in a Pilot's Uniform. I also noticed that he doesn't have any stripes on his uniform... meaning... that he's not... ranked... But he has his wings [his Badge] that of a Captain [It's gold, it has a star, and a wreath.]... soooooooooo... I'm confused... WHAT RANK IS GUILE?

He looks... so sad...
Cgb8giQW8AAH-j-.jpg:large

guile's rank

is in your heart
That... doesn't count. I mean... I'm getting caught up in this little detail and shit... It's bugging the crap outa me. COME ON CAPCOM DO YOUR HOMEWORK, IT TOOK ME 5 SECONDS TO LOOK UP THE RANKINGS OF AIRLINE PILOTS. and some how Guile manages to break that system. Hell with it... Guile is actually a Student Pilot but he was tired of going thru all the redundant training so he just Sonic Boomed the Captain and got his badge so he can fly in the skys again.

That... doesn't count. I mean... I'm getting caught up in this little detail and shit... It's bugging the crap outa me. COME ON CAPCOM DO YOUR HOMEWORK, IT TOOK ME 5 SECONDS TO LOOK UP THE RANKINGS OF AIRLINE PILOTS. and some how Guile manages to break that system. Hell with it... Guile is actually a Student Pilot but he was tired of going thru all the redundant training so he just Sonic Boomed the Captain and got his badge so he can fly in the skys again.
He's a major in the USAF as of sf4. There, you have an answer. Stop flipping out.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shockdingo
or maybe Guile got Demoted. remember he was part of the Military's secret force with Nash. Now we see Guile in a Pilot's Uniform. I also noticed that he doesn't have any stripes on his uniform... meaning... that he's not... ranked... But he has his wings [his Badge] that of a Captain [It's gold, it has a star, and a wreath.]... soooooooooo... I'm confused... WHAT RANK IS GUILE?

That's not a pilot's uniform. That's an officer's office uniform (not sure exactly what the Air Force calls them. Traditionally you would only rock fatigues if you were doing something dirty or were in combat. His rank wouldn't be on his chest, they would be on his epaulets. I went through the video, and they are hard as shit to see, but when you glimpse them they look like a star... which wouldn't make sense since Guile is not a Brigadier General. My guess is it is the leaf which at the right angle could certainly be confused for a star. This would make a lot more sense since Lt. Col. comes right before Col which is his rank in SFIV (I think).

tl;dr: This Guile is a Guile who just finished some paperwork but isn't too busy to come outside and kick some ass.

Edited to add: Col. Maj would make more sense too since he was a Maj. in SFII. From SFII to SFIV, he has had two promotions. Also, that thing on his chest is, I believe, an Air Force badge. I'm not 100% on that, and I definitely don't know which one... I wasn't in the Air Force.

Last edited:
I hope part of Guile's storyline is him sitting on a couch with one of his daughter's boyfriends and he's just telling him about all his escapades and the story line ends with him saying "and I will make sure everything I did then will happen to you if you break my baby's heart"

and then the story ends with the guy running away and guile playing it off to his daughter like he ran away.

guys I'm beginning to think that Capcom just might not know American military rank too well

You'd be sad too if the military shaved your eyebrows insted of your hair
That's the compromise for keeping that full brush of hait.

More info based on latest showcase

- Several of his key normals are back + air grab [Meaty Sweep, OH, Good AA, etc]
- Sonic Booms are still great low recovery projectiles [Won't win projectile wars obviously, but good space control tool nevertheless]
- Guile Flashkick only has invisibility in EX [Huge since that notably impacts his defense game in a heavily offense orientated game]
- CA is charge [Currently unique to him. Slightly decreases usefulness since not motion]
- Crouch walk stance will only get you to move forward + give you only Flashkicks not Sonic Booms out of it [Slow+ Flashkicks not being as useful + now being more predictable/linear decreases expected usefulness]
- V Skill setup is looking pretty slow [In action it's looking more gimmick then initially thought]
- V Trigger you can bully opponent with projectile barrage or open more combo paths.

Yeah he is not gonna be broken. Will be pretty strong though since they kept what made Guile good for the most part with a couple more options.

On the subject of Guile fireball wars keep in mind that he now has a projectile in the form of his v-skill that doesn't require charge. He can easily use that to nullify his opponent's projectile and then throw a boom behind it immediately, and when a boom is thrown through the v-skill it gets an extra hit of durability and knocks down on hit, which gives him even more tools to win fireball battles.

I like the audience member holding their sign backward.
no, that's so the audience will know.
everybody should be aware of the love one has for Guile.

dang eliza lookin FIRE

Update is out, but Guile isn't out until 7 PST for some reason.

Update is out, but Guile isn't out until 7 PST for some reason.
Probably because that's when servers come out of maintenance.

Wow why did they make Guile's combos so damn hard? I can't get charge after s.HP to save my life.

After s.HP? You're not going to get anything off of that unless it's a crush counter or you link it into something else like c.mp.

After s.HP? You're not going to get anything off of that unless it's a crush counter or you link it into something else like c.mp.

No I'm not that clueless. I'm doing s.HP cr.MP Flashkick and I don't have charge in time. I've been trying for over an hour.