• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

again a plop of sweet sweet Ibuki

she's the little glass cannon isn't she? plus her reset game still seems to be on point.

It's a little funny how her V-Trigger is time based and not a one time use like Mika's/ Nash's. Now I wonder if their V-Triggers were changed to timmer how that would affect each character's combos respectively?

I'm assuming with the fwd moving t bag shown her super is qcf(x2) + kicks.
wonder if her dp is kinda actually a dp without meter. Prolly not if she can still chuck kunais afterwards.

That'd be really weird...
Having ground kunais changes everything but.... Fuckin wait.... you have to restock the kunais ONE AT A TIME?! WTF.

edit: oh wait.. you have to charge it to load more than one. Ew.

Last edited:
I hope her execution isn't too hard.

Apparently they got rid of Neck Breaker? Fuck this shit I'm out.

That's her back throw now. Sure, it's the same animation, but a completely different move. If I can't slide under projectiles and get that awesomer EX animation, why live?

Apparently reading that Capcom JP is blaming Capcom USA for the Ibuki delay issue.

I like how the art is high res enough that you can see that Guile looks like a bug-eyed alien

at least the fixed the fuck outa Sean. He still looks like a dork but... hey that's okay.

The moment the story mode is out, I'll buy the game... Promised it when they announced the barebones launch version and gotta honor my word!

Reactions: Shockdingo
so I got the game a couple days ago, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
my mains are probably gonna be Nash, Ken, Laura, and Gief.

And Balrog is in.

Urien looks great but that voice is no good. Too on-the-nose Saturday morning bad guy.

why is urien wearing clothes

In fairness it's his story mode costume, we don't know what his default is.

That voice is atrocious though.

In fairness it's his story mode costume, we don't know what his default is.

Wait what. No. How the hell can that be. That has to be his default.

what's getting me is all of the DLC characters so far have been pretty combo heavy. Idk. just remembering playing the standard cast members back in the beta/release of the game and they didn't feel like they were built for long combos. But with Alex and Guile filling in both the high damage and powerful combos both in and out of V-Trigger it just has me wondering... will the early characters get a few changes later on down in Dec to make them feel closer to the dlc characters?

oh i know, but like Necalli and Chun just are not cutting it for me...

Birdie is super close to feeling really fun, but like... it's not quite there.

maybe this is all personal opinion.

Urien looks great but that voice is no good. Too on-the-nose Saturday morning bad guy.
His lines in 3S are pretty much all "CRUSH!" & "DESTROY!"

cartoonishly evil seems to fit pretty well in my opinion.

anyone that thinks Urien isn't a cartoon supervillain hasn't actually heard his voice in Third Strike

AEEEEEGIS REFLECTOOOOOOR

Reactions: Shockdingo
That has to be his default.
Actually, you're probably right. My point was he still has 2 other costumes we have yet to see. Though I'm not holding my breath.

anyone that thinks Urien isn't a cartoon supervillain hasn't actually heard his voice in Third Strike
I think he's a cartoonish supervillain and I still hate the new voice, I don't find the voice itself fitting.

Who remembers his 2i voice? It wasn't that good either, ha

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

i'm more interested in those Rival Schools characters in the beach stage

c'mon akira in season 2.

c'mon akira in season 2.
We can keep hoping, not so sure it will ever happen though.

Itsuno said he wanted to make a Rival Schools game for PS4 though, Sony is funding fighting games now and Itsuno is working on a new project, maybe we could see a revival. Really unlikely, but I like to dream.

Rival Schools is kiiiinda in the SF universe sooooo

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Hence why I have hope for Akira at all.