• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

at least someone has common sense.
like, I got so frustrated over people wanting the raptor stage banned because "it's too visually distracting"
here's my advice: take some concerta and get over it.

So I thought the story was really good. Great characters. Good story telling. Fleshed out these characters a lot more, and it was an overall enjoyable experience.

My only big issues with the story...
Necallie was a completely pointless character. I understand he was supposed to be the plot device that helps ryu finally conquer the satsui no hado...but what did he really add to the story? Like he just came and gone, came and gone, like he did not impact the story in any meaningful way even for a side plot. He honestly could have been replaced with Akuma and had re written it a different way that would have made more sense.

He also was a very underdeveloped character and we still know barely anything about him.

Also Ryu defeating bison? come on. He was absent for like 90% of the story and he's the one that defeats him? Please Capcom. Kind of a cop out

Last edited:
cuz you a ninja, Ninja.
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

okay.

I mean yeah Ibuki got some cute stuff with her bomb that I can agree with. [If Sonic Fox ever wants to pick up another character (Unlikely I know he loves FANG way too much) , Ibuki might be kinda a fit for him? He does like Mobile characters, shame she's a glass cannon.]

real talk, I think Ibuki got straight up ruined.
like, Alex kept what was needed for his moveset, but Ibuki didnt.

Balrog is fun though, I'll definitely pick him up.

also, thank you Godcom for letting me buy the bare legged Chunners costume.
just.... that costume is exactly what I want as a legs man.

Poor Combofiend.

S-Kill gets the grand boss of SF4 named after him.

He gets an old beat cop in Story mode.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Poor Combofiend.

S-Kill gets the grand boss of SF4 named after him.

He gets an old beat cop in Story mode.

how can you sit here and call him an just an old beat cop after that godlike Critical Art.
you become one with Peter and his presence transcends the universe and reality itself with you along with him.
the sheer power Peter holds is too much for you to handle.

the difference is that people actually like peter

Ibuki's story mode is just silly faces: the chronicles

e78db0cecf76453ebf9220689d18ddfc.png

e6bb863443e8461fab86b09426b340bd.png

8b211f95f783475d9ec048d60a1a5dba.png

I saw SFV story mode and was thinking during the whole final "Let's all team up and fight the enemy base" sequence that it really felt like a lost episode of the US cartoon.

BISOOOOON!

The ending though...

Gill's beautiful red and blue ass.

Reactions: Shockdingo

I feel like she lost her old shenanigans to gain new shenanigans. I mean her bomb otgs. 2 hit exploding ground kunai. Throwing all da knives.

I know some of ya'll will miss neckbreaker and kicks but there is potential here if what you want is the griminess.

Does playing through the story get you fight money or unlocks?
Yup, normal and extreme get you cash!

how can you sit here and call him an just an old beat cop after that godlike Critical Art.
you become one with Peter and his presence transcends the universe and reality itself with you along with him.
the sheer power Peter holds is too much for you to handle.
So basically it's obvious he's Q.

These concepts are all cool. The throw one especially, combo into bomb reset to death. I like how reset heavy she is

Edit: this throw combo is not practical though (you will never throw a bomb in someones face without being punished, let alone get the instant throw needed after the flash.

Last edited:
I continue trying so hard to enjoy this game but I cannot stop looking at it or playing it and just being overwhelmed with the feeling of "this is a poorly designed game and I feel little to nothing playing it"

I continue trying so hard to enjoy this game but I cannot stop looking at it or playing it and just being overwhelmed with the feeling of "this is a poorly designed game and I feel little to nothing playing it"

The main reason why dont buy/ play this game.

The street fighter V story mode experience:
Why did I play as necalli then fight necalli?
Wait why am I fang? Why am I the bad guy again?
Ok I let rashid win. Looks like the story doesn't like that.
*random alex*
*random karin, ibuki, and birdie*
ok now back to alex.
So, you're gonna wrestle in that, laura?
Aaaand now I'm bison
Ok so this story is about the bad guys. Got it.
SHE PULLED THAT PACKAGE OUT OF HER BUTT
hoo boy, new york at night does not run well on my computer
Why am I karin now?
A wild Ken appears!
Cammy's braid is freaking out. Minimum graphics settings are fun
Why am I ken now?
The story seems to be about the good guys now
Cammy's braid is definitely alive
Peter goin' ham
I can't take this story seriously with some of these outfits
Why am I bison now?
So zangief is my favorite sf character now?
They just rode that bike from brazil to london
Yeah juri, you lost him somewhere in the pacific ocean
I was vega but now I'm juri. W h a t a m I f i g h t i n g f o r
I was like, "yo I'm gonna play as marz?!" and then I'm fang
How did he live?! Where's marz?!
Sick 'em, ryu! Good boy!
This cutscene's down to 1 fps
back to 60, but everything's totally desynched
Wait... what was necalli's role?

It really wasn't bad. My big complaint is the rapid switching between sides. I couldn't get into being a hero, or a bad ass villain. It's a movie where the player does most of the fights, but the player can't feel like they're a part of it since they keep having to change between being a good guy and a bad guy. The scenes could have been split into three separate stories, Team Urien, Team Karin, and Team Bison, with each story filling in the blanks in the others. It already has a ton of really rough transitions between scenes; might as well use that to its advantage. It would also add more incentive to play through them again, since then you would know the other two, and be able to fully understand the part you were playing.

I've just started the story but I've watched a bit, and there's a lot of like... story specific characters that you fight (grunts and dolls), that don't really do much. I think it's really cool though that Capcom went that extra step even if the AI is trash. I can't wait to see a compilation of all the unique special moves! Really hope someone does that because I sure don't have the skills or patience to.

idk man I think the western community is definitely sitting on Peter

I've seen some japanese players do some crazy stuff with him, even if he's not the best by any stretch

I feel Peter's pros outweigh his cons. He's definitely viable.

I hadn't fought Peter at the time... he was too godlike.

I really hope some of these characters become season 2 DLC. I'll take a Doll DLC pack, their specials are so crazy cool (as long as the rest of their kits get reworked of course).

I'm expecting at least 2 dolls, 3 if you include Decapre. The dolls I've found the coolest being the girl with the spears and the girl with the swords. Peter of course because he's the best character in the game. I would really like to see Azam kick some ass, as well as Abel. Blonde chick whose probably someone like Rose in disguise. Little girl hacker would be a badass character to play. I'm sure there were others or will be others... don't know how far into the story I am. But since we have a whole year instead of like 7 months, I could see season 2 being 10-12 characters big, which would be hype.

EDIT: SEAN OF COURSE!! HOW COULD I FORGET HIM!!

real talk, I think Ibuki got straight up ruined.
like, Alex kept what was needed for his moveset, but Ibuki didnt.

Balrog is fun though, I'll definitely pick him up.

I feel like she's been buffed over her sf4 counterpart and is exceptionally good now in sf5.

Could be wrong but here's a copy paste of what I write about her on srk:

I straight up think she might be number one:

Will take more time to discover the matchups first, but she doesn't seem as outpoked as in sf4. Her normals have around the same range as they did in sf4, but everyone else's are shorter.

She lost tsumuji... But gained ground kunai and ground ex kunai...

She lost neckbreaker as KD setplay and anti fireball with the ex version, but gained lp raida as KD setplay and ex raida as anti fireball shit.

And she has things other characters simply don't have. Solid AA. Good footsies breaker that isn't duckable and goes into ex dp easily. Good damage bnb via target into raida. Super plus on block ex special for pressure.
St.mp walking for pressure and ch confirms.

St.mk target combo for some of the best KD style pressure in the game (opponent can't quick roll or backroll out of aerial flip)

Fast walkspeed unlike her sf4 counterpart.

3 frame normal that goes into combo.

Keeps metered reversal

Gains ability to combo off of ex dp

Only character in the game that can combo off of CC sweep... And for really good damage at that.

Gains button hold kunai, has a float for getting out the corner, has increased juggle potential.

Seriously, they took sf4 ibuki and buffed her.

Lovin it.

I'm not saying she's bad. I just don't see her as much of Ibuki anymore since they took out two of my favorite moves that she had in SF3 AND SF4. Like, she's still good, and probably very viable now, I understand that done moves would have had to be removed in order to fit in her new ones and be worked into SF3, I just don't like that its the 2 moves I liked best.

And I couldn't care less about the technical side of things. Like, I played Nash because he was fun, not because he's a top tier. Frame data and things are probably the last things on my mind.

Maybe she's still a good character, maybe even better, but she's just not Ibuki anymore.

Reactions: SanoBaron
FYI Ibuki is, I think, the only character who can consistently combo into a hit-grab ender with no meter. That means your opponent can't back-roll after a knockdown so your offense is much more consistent.