• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

the announcement is akuma will be in every game going forward
all of them
forever
play as akuma in metal gear
play as akuma in idolm@sters
play as akuma in pokken

Ono is a master-level troll, don't believe what he says.
Yeah, that was the implication of
But it's Ono, so who the fuck knows?

I'm pretty hype about the Playstation Experience though
There are going to be announcements as well as just stuff in general, should someone make a PSX thread like we do for E3 or just use the gaming general?

Same! Between this, the Marvel 4 rumors, and the KOFXIV update. It's gonna be an interesting weekend.

There are going to be announcements as well as just stuff in general, should someone make a PSX thread like we do for E3 or just use the gaming general?
Well I was actually just about to ask that. I think I'll do the honors.
Since it and the Game Awards are so close (Two days apart!) Should we also use that for any Game Awards Annoucements?

I'll get to making that there strema since I always make them.

Anyway, if it ISN'T akuma OR a Playable character, what could it possibly be?
Better not be a stage transition, worst ending.

what could it possibly be?
Akuma could be the arcade boss.

It COULD be a different game, I'd just be shocked if it was Marvel since having a public playable build this early would be odd.

Reactions: Jutsei
Anyway, if it ISN'T akuma OR a Playable character, what could it possibly be?
Better not be a stage transition, worst ending.
"Akuma" isn't going to be playable. Because his name is switching back to Gouki.

I could see Ono doing that.

"Akuma" isn't going to be playable. Because his name is switching back to Gouki.

I could see Ono doing that.
You know what, after what happened with Nash, I can see that happening too.
A shame if that's the case though, Akuma sounds way cooler than Gouki

Not happening, they didn't standardize Bison/Vega/Balrog.

It's not Akuma. It's Capcom's new and original character Blakuma

You'll certainly call it that, regardless.

man it's going to be a mess no matter what.

i can just feel it in my bones.

Even if it's Gouki, i fear that they will be lazy or worse rushed when they make him [like Juri/Urien they still have some... things to them that are kinda lazy and broken]

V-Skill: Demon Teleport or worse.... Demon Flip [press mp/mk to flip in the air, press either a punch kick or grab to do 1 or three followups.]

V-Trigger: Demon's anger - Allows him to do his normal super long combo links, aka it increases the juggle points for Gouki's combos.

CA: Raging Demon- It's now a hit that leads to a full demon. Gouki winds up a powerful turn kick and then rushes forwards to the opponent.

0BT9j4e.jpg

maybe theres some hope for this game, or is just another enemy stand.

6:30 EST.

Reactions: Jutsei
why do they have to give everyone the worst redesigns

but then sakura is still dressed as a schoolgirl

So they basically reiterated that all S2 charatcers besides Akuma will be new to SFV
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?
Like. legitimately. Why?
Why would they commit to nothing but new characters so early on?
It's just fucking baffling to me.
Guess they're doing every possible thing they could do to avoid adding Q and Oro

I am okay with this. SFV's newcomers are all winners in my book. I'm looking forward to seeing what other neat ideas they have for new characters.

"5 completely new characters"
Maybe its five completely new (to SFV) characters?

What does "completely new" even mean? Can I just cast off my small hope for Linn Kurosawa?

Maybe its five completely new (to SFV) characters?

What does "completely new" even mean? Can I just cast off my small hope for Linn Kurosawa?
They just clarified at Capcom Cup that the five new characters are actual complete newcomers to the series, not returning characters from previous games.

yeah go for it

genuinely fuck the returning cast, street fighter needs to take more risks and new characters won't have the UGH THEY GOT RUINED effect that everyone has over returning characters

yeah go for it

genuinely fuck the returning cast, street fighter needs to take more risks and new characters won't have the UGH THEY GOT RUINED effect that everyone has over returning characters

I'll say.

Reactions: Ruin
Not even talking about balance some of these season 2 changes are just baffling.

Necalli's command grab is now kicks
Urien's step kick is now down-back
Balrog's [2] 8P is now a DP, which at least makes sense in that it probably breaks some of his better combos.