• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Super Skullgirls RPG

FunkyHellboy

The nicest Guy
Reaction score
Steam
FunkyHellboy
XBL
FunkyHellboy
Filia Squigly Big Band
Because of the closing of SG General I have relocated this fan game into the other media thread
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've always thought that Skullgirls needs more fan games.
So why not an RPG!
Yes, this will be made with RPG maker VX ace engine.
But I think that this is just the ticket for all Skullgirls fans to have to hop onto the train of hype.
What we need:
  • Spriters <--- This is the main thing we need
  • Artists
  • Mappers
  • Writers
  • Programmers
  • *New* Voice Actors
  • etc.
We can never have enough ideas for items, skills, locations, etc!
So if you are excited then I am.
I'm going to try and streaming the actual MAKING of the fan game if we can get enough people to help out.
Honestly the one thing I need the most are spriters.
So lets go team and lets get to work on SUPER SKULLGIRLS RPG!

Contact me through this forum

Here is the latest, demo of SSgRPG!
Achievement Time!

Last edited:
I have created a Filia character sprite finally! Because I felt SO embarressed that the first character
you play as has no sprite, yet Parasoul, (a character not accessible through the story YET!) does!
Filia_Character.png

Please! Tell me how you like my sprite for Filia!

Last edited:
When's Skullgirls RPGMaker Horror?

I want to help out, I don't know how to sprite but I can draw kind of okayish? Let me know if there's anything I can do. Recently rediscovered the game.

making some stuff for another easter egg, I mean we need all the easter eggs we can get, right?

I can try and provide okay sprites, decent other art you might need and maybe, MAYBE voice acting.
So contact me (or should I contact you?) if you want.

If anyone is up to the challenge, I'm planning on implementing a world map of the Canopy kingdom into the game as a way of travel, so if anyone wants to send in their ideas on how the Canopy kingdom should be formatted.
Also later today I am going to be streaming and making Super Skullgirls RPG.

I have been remapping the game recently and one big change I'm proud of is Lengrove's update!
The old Lengrove to me looked very Dull and boring to go to, I wanted a rural and remote feel for this place.
old 1.PNG old 2.PNG old 3.PNG
The updated look for me looks a lot better.
new 1.PNG new 2.PNG
Tell me what you think, is it better or worse?

I will be streaming the making of Super Skullgirls RPG tonight starting around 8pm est in which I plan to try to get to
  • remap areas
  • Add detail to sections of the game that have been previously been neglected
  • I might add a alpha version of the world map
  • Side quests
  • I might try to sprite characters as well
  • Adding in more skills/items/equipment/etc...
  • Balancing the game's difficulty
  • And Anything that the chat says that I think need to be in the game!
The link to the stream is here!

SSGRPG is shaping up really nicely, Funky! I'm excited to hear it will feature voice acting, and I can't wait to see what it'll be used for! Maybe to go with the easter eggs?

Last edited:
Nice it looks great!
if you want here is a challenge could you make a Painwheel sprites an instead of walking how about crawling.
but if you really want to help in a big way I need tilesheets of new meridian. Buildings roads and such

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
Any more work will have to wait until I get my computer back from repairs later this week, though.

Any more work will have to wait until I get my computer back from repairs later this week, though.
No problem man. Don't forget to come on the streams as I want to keep up the work on the game there and get feed back at the same time.

Ok gonna hopefully be working on SSgRGG tonight what character do you think I should try to sprite next?

What exactly do you need from an artist? I'm relatively ok at drawing.

Here are some examples of pieces I've made

http://prntscr.com/5oqk3x

http://chirsxblade.deviantart.com/art/Gold-Pokemon-498810865

http://chirsxblade.deviantart.com/art/The-Accelerator-487470396

I can help with things like concept art, or just about anything you'd really need. Hit me up and I'll give you my skype or email!
If you want to take a smack at it try and make a concept of the canopy kingdom world map for me I'd you can

Do you have any characters in particular that need sprites right now? I'm willing to try making some for you!

Yeah, maybe a list of characters that need sprites, that way people don't have to ask.

Do you have any characters in particular that need sprites right now? I'm willing to try making some for you!
  • Painwheel
  • Carol
  • Valentine
  • Eliza
  • Marie
  • Leduc
  • Cerebella
  • Big Band
  • Illeum
  • Lab 8 kids
  • Hive
  • Double (Nun and Monster)
  • Skullheart
  • Lab 8 workers (Stanley, Avain, etc...)
  • (Medici Mobsters)---Finished
  • Villagers
  • Minnette
  • Citizens
  • Dragonian people
  • Egrets
  • Parasoul's Dad (King Franz)
  • Anyone from the Circus
  • Basically anyone
I have highlighted the ones that would be useful as they can be implemented into the game's story faster.
But if you are interested I do need more tilesheets for the game, (which is literally the one thing that is holding back story development)

Last edited:
Tilesheets? As in the little props/objects for the areas? I could try that, what sort do you need?

Tilesheets? As in the little props/objects for the areas? I could try that, what sort do you need?
Yes I need that! I'm also spriting for the game right now on stream come in and talk to me man!

Ok All Medici Mobsters are done!
And they all have different ethnicity for every ranking as well! AWESOME!
Tell me how you like them, (and feel free to make different Hair color versions if you want)
108 sprites here! All done on ONE STREAM NIGHT! I'm so hyped!

Lower Ranked Medici
Low_Medci.png
Middle Ranked Medici
Mid_Medci.png
High Ranking Members
High_Medci.png

Last edited:
Although I have nothing I can realistically contribute to this project, I just want to say that it looks awesome and please make it happen.

Although I have nothing I can realistically contribute to this project, I just want to say that it looks awesome and please make it happen.
Well you can contribute by spreading the word. Playing the game. And watching the stream when we make or edit the game. Which I try to do sprites every stream no matter the game tonight

Ok I attempted doing the stitched girl from lab 8. Sorry if their not the best, I'm still pretty newb-ish at spriting
child1_by_robot_star693-d8d8rl3.png
I like it alot

Well you can contribute by spreading the word. Playing the game. And watching the stream when we make or edit the game. Which I try to do sprites every stream no matter the game tonight

Wait, the game's playable? I thought it wasn't far enough into development for that yet. Sure, if it's playable then I'd happily give it a go, give feedback and tell any mates that have Skullgirls as well about it.

I tried to make the Skull Heart using a blue flame and a shrunken version of the Skullheart-forum logo.
the_skull_heart_by_mariokonga-d8db7df.png
Looks great.

Wait, the game's playable? I thought it wasn't far enough into development for that yet. Sure, if it's playable then I'd happily give it a go, give feedback and tell any mates that have Skullgirls as well about it.
Watch the end of today's funky arena tournament. Because I'll be adding more into the game, (with balancing and such) and I might release an updated version of the demo. Also watch the pre tourney show and I'll be editing it there too!

Um... watch where? When? At what times, in which time zone? I can't promise I can watch it anyway (busy time of year), but I'm definitely going to need to know things like that in advance. Sorry...

preshow starting around 7pm est, tourney starting around 8pm est, on my twitch channel here, I think I'm going to do two demos tonight one preshow demo and one post tourney so that people can play while they watch the tourney and by the end give feedback on what should change.

Sorry, to me that's midnight. I can't practically stay up that late. Shame!

Sorry, to me that's midnight. I can't practically stay up that late. Shame!
don't worry the post tourney demo will be posted here as well.