• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Super Skullgirls RPG

Well, If we ever start working on this again, yet me know. This is a collab I'm interested in.

I can't open the RAR file...

page 12 gave me life
tumblr_inline_ob7gnjV5N01sbvlax_500.png

The only way to finish this now is to start from the base, i don't understand how a person can work on a project that hasn't even been written yet, sounds chaotic as heck..esp with an RPG, since those things are extremely story based.
Besides, the story was kinda......eh..

page 12 gave me life

The only way to finish this now is to start from the base, i don't understand how a person can work on a project that hasn't even been written yet, sounds chaotic as heck..esp with an RPG, since those things are extremely story based.
Besides, the story was kinda......eh..

I'll tell you as someone who worked on it how the project went:

Hey Funky what's going to happen next in the story, maybe I can help write?

"Nah dude, you'll see the big story plot-twist on stream later today! I do have a story doc written, I have a general idea, but I'm writing the story as I go along!

I mean what project lead keeps his team in the dark about important stuff like story huh? Those big "plot twists" ended up being silly stuff like Leduc being the hero who saves everyone from Eliza, killing fan favorites off for "drama" (like Minette), or just plain bad story telling like Filia's character arc being changed in 5 minutes after she meets Squigly

The whole thing was a mess and this RPG really needs something like a revamp from the start. Maybe on the MV engine?

I'll tell you as someone who worked on it how the project went:

Hey Funky what's going to happen next in the story, maybe I can help write?

"Nah dude, you'll see the big story plot-twist on stream later today! I do have a story doc written, I have a general idea, but I'm writing the story as I go along!

I mean what project lead keeps his team in the dark about important stuff like story huh? Those big "plot twists" ended up being silly stuff like Leduc being the hero who saves everyone from Eliza, killing fan favorites off for "drama" (like Minette), or just plain bad story telling like Filia's character arc being changed in 5 minutes after she meets Squigly

The whole thing was a mess and this RPG really needs something like a revamp from the start. Maybe on the MV engine?

Wait. He was planning on killing of Minette? Why? What purpose would that serve? Nadia already hates the Medcici's so I don't see the point.

And you got a point on Filia, maybe if she met a few more people besides Squigly like Carol, Peacock, Nadia and Cerbella that give her the idea that this isn't worth and then change her character arc to something else. She's basically a viewpoint character at this point but there enough information about her to develop into something else once that's role is done.

And how was Leduc suppose to save the gang from Eliza? Was it a distraction that led to an opening or did he actually kill her? I'm just curious on this one

So I get the problems. If we are going to revamp the story, the big thing I can think of is do we just do the Bloody Marie arc or do we go beyond that.

Last edited:
Wait. He was planning on killing of Minette? Why? What purpose would that serve? Nadia already hates the Medcici's so I don't see the point.

And how was Leduc suppose to save the gang from Eliza? Was it a distraction that led to an opening or did he actually kill her? I'm just curious on this one

So I get the problems. If we are going to revamp the story, the big thing I can think of is do we just do the Bloody Marie arc or do we go beyond that.

He wanted to kill Minette off for "drama" because to him killing off a fan favorite would cause the fans to cause an uproar and further the tension? I'm not too sure he just said it was for drama.

Spoilers: the team of 3 (Squigly, Fortune, and Filia.) lose to Eliza in an unwinable fight outside the doors to the cathedral where Marie is....keep in mind this is still act 1 chapter 1

Leduc saves them because he appears in Eliza's secret catacombs or something? And frees them. My idea was to have fortunes head free them since her severed head was free, had its own walk sprite and could've lead to a humors puzzle dungeon but Funky wanted Leduc to rescue them for some reason.

It was almost like he was using Leduc as his own self insert OC, because after Leduc was introduced it became very fanfic like, with the main hero focus switch from the orginal team staring Filia to Leduc.

The whole story was bleh, and from what I remember it was going to have things like time travel early on. Funky didn't really like people critizing and critiquing his story.

Now finally if I were revamped this project. (not saying I will do it, I got my hands full with the dating sim.) I would split the story up into individual hero chapters, like dragon quest 4 where you would play chapters as the individual party members before switching back to the hero later on.

Like one chapter is Filia, one would be Bella, one would be peacock, etc, which would eventually lead to a party formation later on in the story.

However even with this idea the focus would still be on Filia as the hero, not Squigly, not fortune, no OC, and certainly not Leduc.

Reactions: Todpole
That sounds chaotic as heck..lol and yeah, i remember a few things from the project. I stayed away from the writing part because 1. I didn't know much about the SG universe back then and 2. It already seemed like communication wasn't really...a thing? It's so important that you constantly tell your others about what you added and stuff, or else it'll be an extremely one sided project. I gave up on helping later on, the writing seemed nonprofessional and it felt like a one sided job :\ no fun

Reactions: Magma442
Do you have a program to extract files from a RAR file?
I don't know, what do I need

7zip. trust me its safe. just type in 7zip into google.

Why does it keep crashing

from what I can remember I think, he passed around the idea of Minette being killed off to give Ms. Fortune more of a hatred for the big bad (be it Eliza, Medici, or Marie). It would also show that the villain want fucking around, but more importantly he thought that killing characters would make people mad at the person who killed them in game...instead people would've hated funky for doing that.

last thing I will say on the subject Funky was a terrible writer who thought deaths meant cheap drama, made poor character choices, didn't even follow the basic chart of storytelling, and overall was the type of person whose ego clogged his vision. he would have rather spent time bragging about who was working on his game (like Kai) rather than actually fixing the game.

Welp I got to the hidden forest and forgot to save I'm done

The characters should only die if you made a story decision or a wrong choice.

, and overall was the type of person whose ego clogged his vision. he would have rather spent time bragging about who was working on his game (like Kai) rather than actually fixing the game.

For anyone who's interested in writing the story for this game I have a suggestion for the opening. Instead of Filia waking on a beach, we play as Marie in the middle of No-mans land just looking for help. There be no music, just the sound of wind in the background. And no NPC so we get the feeling she's completely alone til she finds the church and prays. Then the music starts(the tune that plays when there's a cutscene in the church) and Double appears to grant her her wish.
We can tweak this if anyone wants to and brainstorm any other idea but the point of the opening would be to show just how scared, desperate and alone Marie would be. You know, a perfect target for the evil incarnate.

I made a list of all the moves for the party and weapons and armor that were already in the game.
Also as a heads up, RPG Maker MV doesn't use scripts, but plugin's we might need to find to make the game how we want it to look. And we might have to redo the sprites as the are a bit bigger than the VX ones as seen with the picture and there are now sideview battle sprites. And it doesn't use MP3 sound but OGG or M4A and I tried MP3 music. But all that's if we're changing engines.

Attachments

• Skullgirls RPG.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 494
  • VX ace sprite.PNG
    VX ace sprite.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 499
  • MV Sprites.PNG
    MV Sprites.PNG
    95 KB · Views: 534
  • Side by side.PNG
    Side by side.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 473
I've been messing around with MV and after Skulldates finished we want to tackle the RPG. These sprites saved my hide for now because I was just going to port them. Looks like I need to re-do them.

For now it's placeholders to see what I can do with MV

As the one who made PW's sprites for as far as we got I'd be up for making more as necessary to help give me something to do when we get around to it.

Anything I can do to help! :D