• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Supers with Time Limits

WrestlerGuile

Reaction score
Steam
EVoDRAgQUEEn (If a Skullgirls Sequel comes out)
PSN
FASTERLANED
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
upload_2014-5-6_16-38-58.png

Since I'm a Painwheel player who often uses her Hatred Install, I often yearn to see if I can still use the advantages before time runs out. I'm sure some Double users would want to see her time limit for her cats. Do you think this is a good idea, because I do, and I've considered the video on HUD design on TheGameTheorists.
EDIT: I should definitely add that I understand Painwheel has different time limits based on the amount of life she has.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
As much as I would like that as a Double player, Mike Z has expressed that making a new HUD element is a lot of work with the system they use

As much as I would like that as a Double player, Mike Z has expressed that making a new HUD element is a lot of work with the system they use
[Sigh]...I understand. Is it the current limitations of the engine or the coding?

I would also like this option.

Here's hoping for Skullgirls 2!

Edit: To elaborate, I play Zappa in Guilty Gear and some of his most powerful attacks are derived from a spirit called Raoh. This spirit is on a limited timer once summoned and one of the changes made to the game in the most recent update was the inclusion of a gauge that shows how much time is left. A.B.A also has a gauge for her Moroha mode letting you know how much time is less and decreasing sharply when you take a knockdown, Eddie received a similar gauge in +R as well for his shadow attacks.

If it would be reasonable to include a similar countdown meter on screen for characters like Painwheel or Double that would be incredibly helpful.

Last edited:
Maybe make things blink in a different pattern when time is running out?

Otter UI is horrible is the reason.