• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

#SwoleHeart - Fitness Thread

Pushups are more for biceps and chest exercise, not core which is what you're aiming for
btw abs aren't everything, you should workout more than the "glamour muscles"
Got it. So what exercises do you prefer??

Thanks, but I'd like to know what exercise you do to get them.
Definitely cruches, jogging, jumping. Even if it's tough to do, start small for the first few days. After a week or two, step-up your exercise a little.

Reactions: Eryx Blue
Let's see: Crunches, Leg lifts, Bicycle Crunches, and now adding planking exercises to the mix. It's been a while since I played basketball and there's a court near me. I might want to get back into it.

Let's see: Crunches, Leg lifts, Bicycle Crunches, and now adding planking exercises to the mix. It's been a while since I played basketball and there's a court near me. I might want to get back into it.
Planking exercises??

Is that what I think it sounds??

Got it. So what exercises do you prefer??
Honestly until recently my fitness all came from fighting so I don't have any preferred individual workouts.
On any particular day I just train what I feel I'm lacking in.

Planks suck, do yoga boats instead.

WOW. YOU WOULD TAG HIM AFTER I SAY THAT.

WOW. YOU WOULD TAG HIM AFTER I SAY THAT.
I swear when I come back to the US, I'm going to break into your house like Terry Crews on a Old Spice commercial and put your ass to work >:U3

Fencing is a lot harder work than I thought a lot of good workout from that, I love it

People's opinions on fencing (at least where I live) have always been questionable or negative when it comes to how much exercise can be had from it. Well EXCUSE me for not playing american football or basketball.

Fencing requires you to have agility, stamina and quick perceptual awareness depending on which weapon you use. If you're tall and you want to be lazy like me, Epee is always there for ya. Foil is much more fun since you get to utilize your physical abilities decisively. I don't know a thing about Sabre though...it looks like foil tactics. However if your health is out of whack you need to supplement fencing with working out and general practice (advance, retreat, lunch, balestra's, crossover sessions) since fencing doesn't necessarily get you the body you're looking for but rather shows you what you can do with it.

Sorry for being random and descriptive. I'm just really glad other people fence besides me. And if anyone else is interested in it, there's a fair sized community for it in SoCal. Although if you are applying for a club you better have your wallet ready. (not promoting fencing)

What I miss? SHARPIE I TOLD YOU TO EAT BETTER, JUG WATER AND SLEEP. GO TO IT!

Also, damn it, I feel more obligated to work out and show proof of it. MY FOLLY!

I just want a nice butt and to be cute/hot tbh

I went swimming for the first time in 5ever and I felt like death, but in Florida's summer its really all I can do for cheap

I went swimming for the first time in 5ever and I felt like death, but in Florida's summer its really all I can do for cheap
Same. I want to be a thirst trap on IG.

gettin ready for the thirst followers

man, you guys don't want thirst followers.

CDzgprGXIAA0yfc.png

trust me.

Not sure why the song "baby got back" suddenly pops up in my mind......

I have been posting videos to people on twitter to motivate/humor them into working out. Should I post them here too?

I should probably work out more than my thumbs occasionally

I have been posting videos to people on twitter to motivate/humor them into working out. Should I post them here too?

no because I don't want to feel bad

Not sure why the song "baby got back" suddenly pops up in my mind......
it should have been Anaconda instead

68c01ca5b50df55b8f8d6e1f7006e1d1.png

I would say yeah pretty inspirational stuff you're doing there

Same. I want to be a thirst trap on IG.

Don't worry,it is normal.

After too much time without exercising your body initially complains after you start, even if you start light (as you should).

Keep the habit, and eventually you will start missing exercising. You will know that you are doing it right when you feel good after each session and you keep improving your marks.

QQ:

I've been working out for about the last 5 or 6 mouths?
and I'm more then happy with the results n_n

though I gotta ask:

Is there any workouts anyone knows that's centered around sculpting the abs and chest?
I've been seeing more change in my arm and lower body from my kickboxing based workouts but,
not that much when it comes to my chest & abs. I been doing sit-ups and Push-ups and it's helping but is there anything better?