• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

#SwoleHeart - Fitness Thread

Hi I used to rock 6'1"/210# at 6% bf and then I decided I wanted to get really good at Skullgirls for Evo2014

Now that I have less pressure on myself for video games, I'm going to destroy the gym this autumn/winter.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Ah maybe I'll just suck it up and do it anyway, I'll think about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm currently 130 lbs. and tomorrow I have to start cutting weight to break 125 lbs. for my wrestling tournament this Saturday. I've been doing this forever, so ask me if you're looking to lose a few.

as some one who is looking to lose weight I kinda want an Idea

as some one who is looking to lose weight I kinda want an Idea
Well answer these three questions first.

1. How much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose?
2. How hard and how often are you willing to exercise?
3. How willing are you to sacrifice parts of your diet?

Well answer these three questions first.

1. How much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose?
2. How hard and how often are you willing to exercise?
3. How willing are you to sacrifice parts of your diet?

1.) 195lbs, looking to lose 20 pounds-ish
2.) im willing to work hard but I really dont have a lot of time in my schedule to go work out
3.) I already am on a low carb "diet" what more should I change

I also should say im not really looking into doing this really fast like you are (props to you for being able to drop that fast) I honestly just want to be a bit healthier

Pfft, I meant next Saturday, sorry. I could totally drop five pounds by tomorrow if I needed to though.
That would really dehydrate me though, it's not healthy.

A low carb diet is a good start, but usually I tell people to get rid of three things. Fatty acids, processed sugar, and complex carbohydrates. Red meats, sweet stuff, and anything made from wheat will only serve to hinder progress. That's not to say that those things are bad, they're just bad for weight loss.

For you I think you'd benefit greatly from consistent exercise. If you can sacrifice just one hour a day for three to five days a week you're going to start seeing results immediately. It doesn't even need to be all that straining, it just needs to be consistent. Plan out a three to five mile route around your area for hard running, make sure that you're really working up a sweat. I like to go to the park.

Last edited:
Not trying to replace Denizen's advice - he seems to know much more than I do. This might also sound a little preachy but it's not intended to be insulting at all.

I know it's kind of a non-answer, but if the goal is just to 'be/feel healthier' then a better approach is probably to look at improving your overall diet if necessary (low-carb shows you're conscious about what you're eating, but it doesn't necessarily show that you're eating well - you could be eating a bag of sugar raw every day and not be adding to the amount of complex carbs you're ingesting, but you'll probably end up feeling pretty bad physically and mentally if that's the case) and your exercise routine as a whole (or if you already have one, it might just need tweaking to get the results you're looking for).

If you're looking to diet/work out so that you can feel good about yourself and not need to diet/work out then even if you meet your goal you'll probably end up back where you started 6 months after stopping.

tl;dr: you need to be honest with yourself (and for the record I'm not saying that you're not, this is general advice) about what you really want to get out of it and choose a plan that helps you meet whatever that goal may be. Never let anyone make you feel bad for pursuing what you want, but it's a mistake to pursue a short term goal of "I want to weigh this much / have this much body-fat / bench this much weight" when it doesn't align with what you're actually hoping for. And as unsexy as it sounds, that can sometimes mean accepting that the plan that yields faster progress in some respects (e.g. weight loss) is not always the best route in the long run (e.g. if you get burnt out).

Trying to count calories and watch how much I eat. First things I noticed is it's not had to keep track and I have to go out my way to hit my protein intake goal.

Need to find better snack options.

After being in Puerto Rico for 2 weeks, I lost 10 pounds already. Where I live, going to the supermarket becomes quite the workout. 2 miles and in the hills (almost like hiking a small mountain).

so I have been seeking an answer to the age old question.....

Bro! Do you even lift?!?!?!

Been p.bad lately with hitting the gym frequently. Trying to get back into the groove.

Whats good everyone else? Any new ppl?

I have to admit finals was rough and for the last couple months I couldnt get any time for the gym

Whats good everyone else?
I feel like I can beat a Gigan in a no-holds-barred death match.

This thread is making me feel so fucking guilty....I am eating a Baconator from Wendys right now....and if I don't slow down, I will truly be a fat ass and not in a good way...

How do you guys successfully diet? I genuinely feel like I am on drugs and will go into withdrawal without bacon, cheese and grease.

I mean I give myself days where I can cheat where I can eat a whole giant publix pizza omg, but thats only once and a while, it gives me a goal so that I can work hard and enjoy my pizza even more

I mean I give myself days where I can cheat where I can eat a whole giant publix pizza omg, but thats only once and a while, it gives me a goal so that I can work hard and enjoy my pizza even more

Yeah, cheat days are cool but I can't even get that far - lol I don't stick with the diet long enough to have cheat days. lol I try though. Lord knooooows....I try my hardest.

Well, I eat whatever I want whenever I want and I've actually lost weight recently.
Exercise is a lot more effective than dieting.

This thread is making me feel so fucking guilty....I am eating a Baconator from Wendys right now....and if I don't slow down, I will truly be a fat ass and not in a good way...

How do you guys successfully diet? I genuinely feel like I am on drugs and will go into withdrawal without bacon, cheese and grease.
Lucky to live in the mountains. Going to the super market is already a work out: 2 mile walk and hills with a good 20-45 degree angles I have to walk around. I cook my own food and rarely go out to restaurants. And knowing that my family has a history of Diabetes, so it motivates me to not run that family tradition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
I just avoid eating junk all the time. Like its a once a meal in a week thing and sometimes never. If I deprive myself of it for too long, I crash and then I just had whole day of eating junk.

Moderation is key.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
I want abs.....

ASAP.

Here's a sharpie, ya rascal.
Thanks, but I'd like to know what exercise you do to get them.

You do jogging everyday for a few weeks then start running a few kilometers a day.
Eventually you can rob a bank and run fast enough to avoid police capture.
You then proceed to get surgery to get them.

Gonna make me join twitter to do vids for SwoleHeart.

Also, broke my jump rope. Everlast ropes suck.

You do jogging everyday for a few weeks then start running a few kilometers a day.
Eventually you can rob a bank and run fast enough to avoid police capture.
You then proceed to get surgery to get them.
How does that get me buff??

Visible abs are a low body fat thing. You have to burn more cals than you consume. Throw cardio at the end of your workout.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Visible abs are a low body fat thing. You have to burn more cals than you consume. Throw cardio at the end of your workout.
Gee, thanks. I'll research some cardio exercises that I could "easily" do.

Everybody has abs, you just gotta get rid of the fat so you can see them.
Jog and do lots of cruches, easy but effective.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Everybody has abs, you just gotta get rid of the fat so you can see them.
Jog and do lots of cruches, easy but effective.
Thanks, guys!!

I guess I'll stay here in this thread......

Gee, thanks. I'll research some cardio exercises that I could "easily" do.
Running or jumping rope are always easy and cheap. Jumping rope burns more I think.

Reactions: Eryx Blue
Running or jumping rope are always easy and cheap. Jumping rope burns more I think.
Do push ups count??

Do push ups count??
Pushups are more for biceps and chest exercise, not core which is what you're aiming for
btw abs aren't everything, you should workout more than the "glamour muscles"