• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Tara Strong for Eliza VA

There are a million and five other voice actresses who could do better than Tara for the suave, sexy Eliza. Raven, Twilight Sparkle and Timmy Turner =/= Eliza.

Grey DeLisle, aka Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender, would be a million times better.

Yeah, I dont think Tara would be a good choice for Eliza. I could see maybe Feng, Umbrella, or Minette. if you want to force her into the game.

Yeah, I dont think Tara would be a good choice for Eliza. I could see maybe Feng, Umbrella, or Minette. if you want to force her into the game.
I want Mike Z to voice Minette. His voice acting skills are GDLK, especially during that Breast Cancer Donation Drive.

I thought Eliza was a genki girl kinda like Menace from queens blade.

You mad?

Have a real lady-voice in there, let Tabitha do the job! ;D

Just kidding, Eliza needs the right voice, and I can’t think of Tara Strong doing it, ignoring the fact that I love her work.

And I think you just brought this up because Tara is all over the place when it comes to voice acting, she’s in everything. Also, Lab Zero has a budget of money that the fans gave them, its short enough without hiring a high-end voice actress.

Serious reply: I don't think Tara Strong could do VA for Skullgirls even if Lab Zero wants her or if she wants to, because she's a member of the voice actor union or whatever, which disallows you from taking non-union jobs. The VAs in Skullgirls aren't part of the union. They talked about this during the EVO panel.

yes let's let the person who voices every other girl in animation voice yet another girl

Or maybe Mariel as Eliza?
I recall reading somewhere that she planned on auditioning for the part. I don't know if it's true though and if it is, if it still holds.

But puhleeeease!
Troy Baker #TroyBakerAsEveryone

yes let's let the person who voices every other girl in animation voice yet another girl

well its either Tara or Jennifer Hale

I could voice eliza, I'm great at girl voices >.<

The other voices mentioned just really don't work in my opinion for a variety of reasons . . .
OH GOD YES, ELIZA WITH MARY ELIZABETH MCGLYNN'S VOICE KREYGASM
There we go. This suggestion is the perfect.

As for Sekhmet, I say Cassandra Lee. After hearing her as QB in Madoka, I know she can play a very untrustworthy cat.

Reactions: DawnHibiki
I'm the voice of Eliza.

i assume that since Liz and Sekh are so conjoined that they would have the same VA
Mary can do her sultry lady voice for Liz and her more raspy pitch for Sekh
imo, at least

i assume that since Liz and Sekh are so conjoined that they would have the same VA
Mary can do her sultry lady voice for Liz and her more raspy pitch for Sekh
imo, at least
The other parasite users are separate enough that I'm assuming they'll be different voices.

But it could be the same too. We won't know until an announcement, right?

Eliza seems pretty clearly based on Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra, so I'd hope we get a voice along those lines.

Reactions: LKArtillery
You could say any voice actress, any other voice actress, and you'd pick the one who is already in like, literally everything? C'mon. Besides, Eliza is classy. She'd have a classy voice.

Reactions: Flotilla
Eliza's classy, but she'd need a voice that's also condescending and full of wisdom as she's older than even Annie.

Reactions: LKArtillery
And Annie's old as shit so that's pretty old.

Oh man, really happy to see the Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's, she was my first thought for Eliza's voice. Would be perfect.

Until LabZero rocks our world with their selection, I'm still in the boat for Cree Summer. That woman could do Eliza and Sekhmet in the same breath, and even have them break out into song if she needed to.

I'm not expert in these things but I've seen it mentioned plenty of times, whenever these discussions arise, that the place of residence of the voice actor in question is a very important - if not decisive - factor. In this case, someone who lives in California.

My ideal proposal for Eliza's VA remains Ms McGlynn. I pitched the idea even during Waifu War I and I'm sticking with it. Only the most prestigious for Oujo-sama.
As for Sekhmet, we don't even know if she will have spoken lines or if it will just be hisses and roars and whatnot. In any case, given the canon that they are essentially one, Lab Zero can entrust both roles to one VA and it retains its suitability. Just add a slight distortion effect to Sekhmet's voice and that's it.

Nnenna Freelon, seriously, we need to consider actual singers as well. I least that's what I think. :/

I p much agree that McGlynn would be a perfect Eliza but if I could have my way I would love to have Elinor Holt fly in and do Eliza, since well...
I'm not sure she's a singer but she still has a nice voice but I also like Mother Gothel as her VA too, it sounds great plus we know she can sing.

McGlynn has a nice set of pipes on her too, you know.
I recommend you look into her work with Akira Yamaoka in the Silent Hill series, it's some good stuff.

Reactions: agent13
McGlynn has a nice set of pipes on her too, you know.
I recommend you look into her work with Akira Yamaoka in the Silent Hill series, it's some good stuff.
That's actually where I know her from, I thought this was pretty common knowledge so I didn't mention it.

Ah, I see. I guess your wording just confused me a little. Thanks for the clear up.