• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Generically Named Thread Where We Come Up With Ways To Help Skullgirls

Right now advertising and expose is what SG needs, not so much big dollar investments because at the end of the day, it'll all wither away and then what? Go back to having to work low salary?

Getting a game to be more successful is more profitable in the long run in comparison to a sudden finite explosion of money in one instance.

RWBY was basically asking to get made into a fighting game anyway.
I mean, look at the stuff in the anime. It even has a 3-man fighting system for the different squads.

Reactions: Killabyte
I love reflecting on this thread after so much has happened for Skullgirls. I still think we should tell our friends about this, but we don't have to take so much action anymore. I guess @Number 13 was correct about sitting and waiting, and now look where we are. Skullgirls is coming out for the PS4 and PSVita(sorry XBox 1 and...Wii U), and the team was featured on the Lore channel.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
It wasn't really just "sitting and waiting". Just play the game with other people, do what little things you can, and don't be obsessed with the idea of how you can save Skullgirls. This IP is relatively young and proud so good things take time when your in that situation. The future is an unpredictable entity so who knows what it can bring.

It wasn't really just "sitting and waiting". Just play the game with other people, do what little things you can, and don't be obsessed with the idea of how you can save Skullgirls. This IP is relatively young and proud so good things take time when your in that situation. The future is an unpredictable entity so who knows what it can bring.
Let's hope it's that loving middle ground between rarely updated and Street Fighter 4.

What about holding some sort of event on Skullheart to get a bunch of coders together, and they finish the cast pro-bono?
(someone would do it. I guarantee it. Can DDB code? if so, your prayers have been answered!)

Coding does not make a character

Am I the only one who has faith in the community...?
There's faith and there's expecting several miracles to occur at once. This would be a huge undertaking, asking for free work for charactres that take about $200000 per character, basically done in your free time? Sorry but no. That's a head in the cloud things. Instead ask, what can you that's within your power?

I actually have a good idea about how we can help releasing more characters:
Magician-Sacramento-Kids-Party.jpg

There's faith and there's expecting several miracles to occur at once. This would be a huge undertaking, asking for free work for charactres that take about $200000 per character, basically done in your free time? Sorry but no. That's a head in the cloud things. Instead ask, what can you that's within your power?
Then let's Kickstart it ourselves, and dump 50k in Lab Zero's Paypal?

(My head's ALWAYS in the clouds, otherwise I wouldn't be nearly as ambitious)

Reactions: ink_deer
Then let's Kickstart it ourselves, and dump 50k in Lab Zero's Paypal?
(My head's ALWAYS in the clouds, otherwise I wouldn't be nearly as ambitious)
I don't think they want to be involved in another kickstarter/IndieGoGo/Fundraising thing.

I meant how everyone draws sprites, but thats it. What if the community did everything for their favorite characters, like hitboxes, script, story mode, tutorial, etc?
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/annie-in-motion.1522/

The amount of work that goes into one of these characters is staggering. It's taken months for the art forum to put together one partial standing idle animation, and even then it's far below the standard of the in game sprites. (No offense to those working on it, but realistically speaking you know I'm right :P)

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/annie-in-motion.1522/

The amount of work that goes into one of these characters is staggering. It's taken months for the art forum to put together one partial standing idle animation, and even then it's far below the standard of the in game sprites. (No offense to those working on it, but realistically speaking you know I'm right :P)
Well, no one can say I didn't try! LOL
I really appreciate the work you put into every frame. That alone shows how great L0 is.
(Wish I could figure out a way to help, though...)

Reactions: ink_deer
it would never work

What about a line of comics, then? You could probably get Dark horse or someone like that to publish it. I'd pick it up, at least!
I like your attitude! Everyone else seems so negative about things and it really shouldn't be that way even though it may seem a little unrealistic! :)

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
Look, we know people are trying to be positive in here, but the whole point of this thread was to come up with realistic ways to help promote Skullgirls. Realistic is the key word.

Trying to get the forum to finish all the remaining characters? Utterly unrealistic. That 'coders' were the positions mentioned it shows a vast lack of knowledge on the subject of game development.
Getting a major comic publishing company to produce comics for the series? Out of left field and unrealistic.

What would be helpful suggestions are well thought out suggestions. Anyone can come in here and say "Let's make all the characters! Let's get Dark Horse to publish comics! Let's all buy lottery tickets and give LZ the winnings!" These are all ideas that take no effort to say and a huge amount of (unreasonable) effort to do. Well, not that last one.

Being positive is fine, but throwing out flights of fancy and calling them suggestions doesn't help anyone.

Well it sure seems like Skullgirlfanboy is trying to find some ways and suggestions, while everybody else seems to act like, "No that can't be done because we live in a world were you can't do anything unless everybody else agrees, and we're right because WE can see into the future!" So I don't see the problem with him stating his opinion.

Well it sure seems like Skullgirlfanboy is trying to find some ways and suggestions, while everybody else seems to act like, "No that can't be done because we live in a world were you can't do anything unless everybody else agrees, and we're right because WE can see into the future!" So I don't see the problem with him stating his opinion.
Sir, an opinion is like a variable it could answer the problem but one has to take account of everything in the problem in order to get the best possible answer. Opinions are helpful but not when they don't add up.

Sir, an opinion is like a variable it could answer the problem but one has to take account of everything in the problem in order to get the best possible answer . Opinions are helpful but not when they don't add up.
This is a thread that was made to revive comments and opinions of any kind relating to the topic, he did so it's helpful.

This is a thread that was made to revive comments and opinions of any kind relating to the topic, he did so it's ok.
I'm not saying he's wrong (far from what I'm saying).

Honestly ideas like these have already been said in one form or another they are fine to say but they don't really bring anything new to the table and often don't take account of others words,efforts, and struggles to get stuff done.

Let's face it - there isn't any way to help Skullgirls that hasn't been said already.

It's the harsh, honest truth, folks.

Then we just have to get around to getting those plans started rather than just talking about them, some aren't as realistic as other but then ones that are more realistic to do we should probably get started on.

Which I guess would be to just get more people to play and enjoy skullgirls.

Look, we know people are trying to be positive in here, but the whole point of this thread was to come up with realistic ways to help promote Skullgirls. Realistic is the key word.

Trying to get the forum to finish all the remaining characters? Utterly unrealistic. That 'coders' were the positions mentioned it shows a vast lack of knowledge on the subject of game development.
Getting a major comic publishing company to produce comics for the series? Out of left field and unrealistic.

What would be helpful suggestions are well thought out suggestions. Anyone can come in here and say "Let's make all the characters! Let's get Dark Horse to publish comics! Let's all buy lottery tickets and give LZ the winnings!" These are all ideas that take no effort to say and a huge amount of (unreasonable) effort to do. Well, not that last one.

Being positive is fine, but throwing out flights of fancy and calling them suggestions doesn't help anyone.
Well, at the bare minimum, have Mike and Alex send Pewdiepie/Markiplier/smosh/anyone remotely popular a free copy with DLC and have them play it.

It worked for Flappy Bird!
(Pretty sure someone said it, but hey!)
And I think getting a comic IS doable, you just have to find the right company who's receptive enough!

And one more stupid idea: have Mike and Alex go on Shark Tank, say no to every offer, and get free publicity. There! Most of those are free!
(At bare minimum, I'm going to start a Youtube channel eventually, and I'LL hype things up a bit)

Well if you want realestic...

Vinesauce is going to have a fighting game tourney hosted by Hooty.

And Skullgirls got chosen to be that game in the fighting game...

So there's that

Maybe Skullgirlfanboy could do something to promote Skullgirls in his community then invite us all to it. Then we can use some of the profits from either one tourny or many to donate to Labzero also Skullgirlfanboy if you wanted to you could send Pewdiepie/Markiplier and Smosh a copy as of now it would cost you about 45 bucks.

Please don't send Pewdiepie anything Skullgirls related.
He might shit on Skullgirls.

Any publicity is good publicity whatever gets the word out there. I don't watch much pewdiepie but he does not seem very critical of the games he plays.