• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada The GirlyStyle Man Cave SkullGirls Diaries (vancouver)

I know, but I really really suck at playing with other people's sticks.

I have enough trouble with my own lol

what kind of stick do you use? does it have special parts?

It's a Hori Real Arcade Pro SA Kai

I think the parts are Sanwa.

Other sticks I've tried tend to feel tighter/stiffer

TEs should have the same parts. Should be fine. Just don't use @.42. terrible spider stick :P

Oh man, that spider stick

if you are beating @.42. while using it, the spider comes alive and bites you. fact

also if you are available maybe you should come out just to do casuals or something and enter the tournament if you find a stick your comfy with. would just be dope to chill

Did you see my post about the dual mod adapter?

Last edited:
Did you see my post about the dual mod adapter?
Just saw it now.

I'm researching it currently, but what I've read so far suggests that it isn't that great. It can interfere with the other controller plugged into the console and is banned at many tournaments. Some of the devices can work decently, but many are inconsistent and can cause input problems for both players.

Some links here:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/cronus-adapter-banned-from-all-big-e-gaming-events.40538/

And shoryuken (user Sarksakul with 8000+ posts giving his opinion):

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/170881/cronus-adapter-feedback
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/186844/has-anyone-had-the-chance-to-try-out-the-chronusmax

Though I'm not sure if they're referring to the newest Cronus adapter for XboxOne (the CronusMax), or the older ones. That said, I would personally stay away from them both.

The consensus is that dual-modding your stick is the way to go. It requires some technical soldering work, but ends up being cheaper than the Cronus and works much better.

Just saw it now.

I'm researching it currently, but what I've read so far suggests that it isn't that great. It can interfere with the other controller plugged into the console and is banned at many tournaments. Some of the devices can work decently, but many are inconsistent and can cause input problems for both players.
Yeah I dual modded my 360 TE stick and it was a struggle for me. I had not done soldering since electronics class in high school. . I made a lot of mistakes. I am lucky it still works. That's why I thought that was a good option.

The easy way to dual mod now I think is buy one of the pcb's that does it all and connect all the cable, buttons and stick to it. By passing the original stick pcb. Soldering onto the original pcb is the most delicate part of the mod when using a cthullu pcb that I did.

Anyway I hope you decide to go.

What the go to method for dual mods these days? Just cut a hole in my case, split open a ps3 controller, and solder that baby up?

What the go to method for dual mods these days? Just cut a hole in my case, split open a ps3 controller, and solder that baby up?
you have a controller right?

DOES THIS MEAN YOU ARE COMING

DOES THIS MEAN YOU ARE COMING

NOT FOR CERTAIN GOSH BUT IF I WAS

What sort of events would be happening after 6pm

you have a controller right?
I've got a 360 fightstick

NOT FOR CERTAIN GOSH BUT IF I WAS

What sort of events would be happening after 6pm

I've got a 360 fightstick

casuals, chillin, fooooood.

sf4 and marvel are also there. i will probe enter sf4 for kicks. sf4 random teams is actually a really fun tourney they do; put your name in a hat and your assigned with two other dudes

E spot tonight anyone?

I can't make it tonight but I really wish I could.

I really hope to get out there next weekend

I can attend but what bothers me is that right now I only have a laptop and I don't have controller or stick, neither I played Skullgirls on anything other than keyboard before.

I can attend but what bothers me is that right now I only have a laptop and I don't have controller or stick, neither I played Skullgirls on anything other than keyboard before.
I can lend you a stick if you want to try that. Or a ps3 dual shock if we are not banning them.

Make a DIY hit box while theres still time!

Make a DIY hit box while theres still time!
I think I have enough parts to do that but they are all regular stick buttons not the small ones that hit box uses.

@Zoomz I meant that I can lend you a stick or controller now before the event. My previous post probably was not clear about that.

At Evo I did see one guy with a keyboard but I don't know how he hooked it up to the console.

Can't someone just bring a PC Laptop setup and people can play the games that require keyboards on that?
@Zoomz you should still come though. It'l be fun!

Can't someone just bring a PC Laptop setup and people can play the games that require keyboards on that?
@Zoomz you should still come though. It'l be fun!

I'll be bringing mine. I think most people played on it last time, I'll just make sure to turn the volume up.

I think it would be unfair to force a stick player to play on a laptop.

#bankeyboards

:p

Okay lads, I'll come anyway even if I can't play or there are no spare sticks. I'd make my own but right now I'm bankrupt and don't have materials. I was planning to make one this summer maybe.

I think it would be unfair to force a stick player to play on a laptop.
But couldn't you plug your stick into the laptop like everyone was doing last time?
I didn't think there was a difference between playing on a PS3 or a PC if your stick supports both.

Yeah it's not that big of deal. The smaller screen and quiet speakers are a problem, but louder speakers or an audio splitter plus headphones could help.

I was just hoping for a convenient way to dispose of this one problematic keyboard player (who plays that stupid cartoon character).

:p

Edit: But l forgot, you're getting a hitbox

Last edited:
Anyone up for espot on Sunday?

i will be there. might also be chillin on saturday with some games, will let people know whats up when i know whats up.

Anyone up for espot on Sunday?
I'm there too. You won't have your lag to save you then!

Random solobella lvl3 wins don't count! Lol
Do you have a ps3 stick ?

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING FUCKED
gM4yZfz.jpg
Plastic keyboard no more! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sydoh and Hilary
Random solobella lvl3 wins don't count! Lol
Do you have a ps3 stick ?

No I still don't.

This weekend I'll probably order the circuitboard that people use in dual-mods. I dunno if I'll get shit done in time for the tourny.

I can bring my laptop to espot. Were you planning on bringing a PS3?

Edit: In fact, I could bring my laptop and my 24 inch sub 1-frame lag ASUS monitor! I'll test it first to make sure my laptop gets 60 fps at the higher resolution though.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING FUCKED

Plastic keyboard no more! :D

finally no more excuses when i beat you :}

i will still have the classic "i don't even practice" option select though for when you beat me

fighting game fundamentals 101

Reactions: Choose Goose