• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Hype, Impractical, and Impossible Combos Thread

So I was looking for fun options with my team, and I guess so long as I have some meter to burn, you can freely raw tag between all characters and convert for swag purposes.

Edit: Updated video with Bonus Combo below

EDIT EDIT: Final edit with a Beowulf starter and a meaty Dead Arm Time in the corner.

Last edited:
I guess I should post this here?
Picked the game recently, I usually do cmvs for street fighter but after my last USFIV vid I'm pretty burned out tbh, SFV is mehish atm combowise, so I decided to try this game out, and oh boy combos are fun and the posibilities are huge. I regret nothing.

@pepopulo well. it is silly... I would like to see what you can really bring to the table. Combo crafting in SkullGirls is a huge thing having custom assists allows for hype or some what impractical combos to shine through.

now look at Kitty's stuff, I heavly suggest to look at @dragonos451 's stuff. @gllt has great stuff on Parasoul. And if you feel like digging thru a crap ton of shit you can try my channel as well (would not recommend due to the fact that there are so many videos that are just meh...)

But yeah try it out, think up of wacky things to do with characters ect. ect.

Reactions: pepopulo
Thanks for the suggestions! there are some ideas I have here and there, I hope they actually work the way I want them to :P

Should turn it into a play list @Ninja . I did, specially since I got 640 videos in total on my channel. I got 148 videos in the playlist I linked, of about maybe 100 of those are Combos that are stuff that you really shouldn't do XD

Should turn it into a play list @Ninja . I did, specially since I got 640 videos in total on my channel. I got 148 videos in the playlist I linked, of about maybe 100 of those are Combos that are stuff that you really shouldn't do XD
Heh... guess you don't go onto my main channel page kitty. I do have my videos in playlists of each character that they are "starred" in. But even then I feel like only a few videos in each playlist have anything to take notes on. But if you want the playlists then fine...

i'm not telling you which one features which character. you figure it out. Ta~

and remember to have fun

man, too bad Desk only did SG combo vids during initial release.
He probably would've had more fun tryna work around the drama and tighter IPS systems.

Wonder if he'll ever revisit it, but he's doing Vsav progress vids for now.

I used to talk with him on a friendly basis, but he stopped talking to me a while back.. I have tried to ask him to try Skullgirls again since it's gotten so many updates since then..

Oh yes you do, I have seen most of your stuff!

Now if only the rest of the FGC would try it. :^P
Mike Z watched my stuff?
thumb-blushing-54a7df666d15a.jpg

Also yeah, Desk hasn't been very talkative since some time, he also stoped posting on combovid.com, I think that it's because he's been working a lot on his band stuff and has been releasing some mps lately (like that ost he composed for a game that wasn't released and stuff)

This is awful, but if you can get a raw argus on lenny, this actually deals pretty solid damage for only 2 meter.

Now parry every one of those hits.

Last edited:
Ehm, how? BB is doing his super.

Could sacrifice a little height and not do the super.

I think cymbal clash pushes BB up a little bit. That might work too.

Use another squigly DP assist call on the other side to get more launch height without timpani and then do it after you recover from it?

edit: or get an assist that can knock him out of timpani in time to parry the drill super, something that she can call before doing it that will hit him way up there without much hitstun or something. timing, bleeeh. slyzor you're smart!! if anyone can do it, it's you. or zevak. always got my money on him.

I had an idea to get more hits from Fukua's super, but I'm not quite sure hot to pull it of, Eliza does her Nekhbet Breaker super, DHC into peakock (or other like meaby Squigly or Painwheel) and do shadow of doom (either with peakock or as an assist) so that it breaks the combo (max drama or wethever), then fukua does the drill super, but I'm not quite sure how to get someone up there fast enough, meaby big band super works there?

So essentially you wanna trigger a burst bait using peacock's shadow of impending doom, and then punish with fukua's drill super?
Unfortunately, you can block after a whiffed burst if you're hit with a projectile. So if I'm understanding you correctly, what you want won't be feasible.

Been having some computer troubles for a while, but I managed to record this on a borrowed computer. I'll probably goof off some more with Peacock's j. MK and see if I can pull off any other crazy shenanigans.

You can land a counterhit j. MK at that height pretty reliably if you use it to counter a grab (works especially well against people who love to mash Showstopper), but that's about the only way I can think of to land it. Not like the counterhit's too important for this combo, since I was mostly playing around anyway.

I ended up making a skullgirls cmv
I don't know how much of this stuff is new or interesting (not much meaby?). I'm not that fmiliar with the community yet, so I just did combos as I thought them and this is the result, I'm kinda sad that Ms.Fortune and Painwheel were the only chars to not appear on the vid, as I'd like to main them allong with Robo Fortune lol

Reactions: Mr Peck and Lex
I ended up making a skullgirls cmv
Pretty nice, but for next time, you should put on the dummy ground tech. A few otgs were not legit and the opponent could have tech'd (blue bounce).
Except that, most things were indeed known already, but if you found everything by yourself, then it's still impressive!

alrighty let's take a lookie

and yeah it's pretty good stuff here. but there are some combos where you hit the opponent even after using up the OTG. Just be sure to have the dummy on ground tech. But yeah so far it's a good start. you could also look at other people's stuff and take inspiration from sorta like what you did with Squigly and Eliza's combo.

(if you want robo-kitty ideas you can take a look at @Kit Ballard 's stuff or mine or uh... i guess Gllt has something with the robotic cat and Parasoul...)

I see, thanks, didn't knew that, I realized midway through the vid that opponents could mash out of the trip (is that the name? I can't remember, that state where you can grab the opponent mid combo) and make it last shorter, but I decided to leave the combos there just because I couldn't find any onther way to make them (like for example the 3 Beowulf taunts mid combo, where Squigly jumps over Cerebella) but I didn't knew about the blue bounce

Stagger is when the opponent can be grabbed mid combo. You see you can only get one stagger per combo in most cases but Dragonos has managed to find a work around that.

It's okay for you just starting these are really good, I can't wait for your next video when you have learned all the little things in SG.

That's the word! it's so hard sometimes when you can't remember a word in english, yet you remember it in other languajes (lol)

Btw you mean the gemology vid? that was awsome, it inspired me to make that 3 super grab combo with squigly, at first I tried to do it with Cerebella, but the super lasted to long and I couldn't counter gorge in time

15.7k (ToD)
2 3 meter, charge, BB + Bella vs. BB + ??? (2v2), counterhit

j.hk, HP LNL Assist {-100} [3200]
c.mk, s.hk, HP Brass Knuckles xx SSJ (Charged) {-100} [9469]
s.lk, c.mp x2, s.hp {-35} [10029]
j.mk.x2, j.hp {-15} [10569]
j.mp, j.mk.x2, j.hp {55} [11239]
j.lp, j.mk.x2, j.hk xx Timpani Drive {120} [13164]
j.lk (2), j.mp, MK Cymbals {175} [13554]
c.lp...x2, s.lk, c.mp x2, s.hk, HK "A" Train xx SSJ {275} [15791]

2 3 meter for a ToD is pretty good. Charges are a lot easier to get than meter. This might be viable if the stars are aligned.

right off the bat you OTG-ed off of a blue bounce meaning your opponent would have ground teched and your st.lk would have whiffed.

So in the end that entire combo, does not work.

Reactions: pegglefrank
right off the bat you OTG-ed off of a blue bounce meaning your opponent would have ground teched and your st.lk would have whiffed.

I guess that makes this combo pretty...
impractical

opponent ground teched = stars not aligned

Reactions: pegglefrank
now this is somewhat impractical.

step 1. get a roller [other items will work but you'll have to change up the combo so that you switch sides because Beowulf will be in the corner instead of facing it.]

step 2. dash hop j.mk to get more damage none of this puny normal s.mk for lame weak american damage. j.mk has a whole 150 points of damage compared to s.mk!

step 3. tk mk air wulf blitz to get the optimized juggle after fierce chair toss

step 4. ???

step 5. Keep your opponent in lock down. by doing backwards Bulldog you keep the opponent stuck in the corner and if they try to tech out of the corner Beowulf is going to be in-front of them so he can tech with the opponent and come out with a sneaky low attack on wakeup.

Reactions: SkullMan