• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

i spoiled myself and watched the arcade endings since people say its setting up the next game and here's what I learned:
Reptile: Finds his lizard race is still alive after being defeated so many times by Conan the Adventurer. So, Khameleon is confirmed for next character season, right?
Sub-Zero: Needs to know that those are aren't dragons. Those are like drakes or wyverns or something.
Liu Kang: Liu Kang, King of Hell has a nice ring to it.
Scorpion: Raiden tells him IT'S KOMBAT TIME.
Kung Lao: He was dead, but he got better.

The best ending is, and likely always will be, Sub Zero from MK9. It becomes a buddy cop movie with ninjas. Except the cops are ninjas.

Anyone else have the issue with MKX starting up and then getting an error message? It's only for those who digitally downloaded MKX. Have to sign out of PSN and resign in after getting into the game to get it to work. :(

The best ending is, and likely always will be, Sub Zero from MK9. It becomes a buddy cop movie with ninjas. Except the cops are ninjas.

But Stryker.

In case you needed a good laugh today
Seriously? I don't mind people use Scorpion, dude's a Ryu.
He's also fun and fucking kool so I accept people overusing him.

I don't accept the huge difference with Lin Kuei in Faction Wars though, I hope NRS does something to help other factions get an edge, because if they don't, entire things fucked.

It'd make sense if they boosted the amount of war points you get if yu have less people, so that smaller factions can still not lose....SF man...We the weakest link

Honestly Scorpion is really fun in this game.

I really like both the Hellfire and Inferno variations.

It makes sense that when a mascot character is also fun to play and effective, they are going to be used a lot.

I never had a problem against Scorpion so...

Am I the only one having problems with the "Very Hard" difficult? Cause I getting my ass kicked HARD, and this is coming from a guy who played Mortal Kombat 9 on Very Hard. Sometimes I feel like the AI is full of bullshit. On hard it's not that bad, so I dunno. It could be me.

Fighting game Ai that reads your inputs, nothing new.

Why are you worrying about the AI though?

You get more koins for playing the single player content

Cause... it was fair before?

people who hate people who main Scorpion are salty scrubs who need to learn to block more.

or they might be Max.

Having spoiled myself to the story, and comparing character design to Skullgirls and Killer Instinct I came to this conclusion:

I wish we had a story mode that you played with Outworld's Kotal rangers.

Describing the main heroes of the story.

7 people in gray clothes. 4 of them are Robins.

2 blonde women, 1 black girl, asian guy, gay asian guy, black man, white man. All in grey.

They took FPS characters and turned them in fighting game protagonists.

I know that is for realizmu:

Like: "Oh Sonya, is not a stripper anymore." Yes, she never looked any plainer. Johnny has a fun personality, but looks super generic.

Scorpion and Sub-zero have kept their colors. thank God.

It is funny how the dictatprial empire has the most diverse look in the characters.

Ferra/Tor, Reptile, Ermac, Kotal, Erron Black... I want a story mode with these guys.

Reactions: Mwisk
IT'S HAPPENING
iBzotHk.jpg

So, I just had an idea.
If any of us get too frustrated to get one of the certain skins (looking at you, Hotshot Johnny), or an achievement, maybe we could make a KOTH/Survivor Room to get it?
And by that I mean, Hotshot Johnny needs a 10 win streak in Survivor, and I believe another skin requires a 10 win streak in KOTH.
One person gets the win streak, then gives it to the next, and so on.
Kinda cheating but ech, just a suggestion

you know in wake of the game's events in regards to Scorpion
I hope the next game drops that title in favor of calling him Hanzo

Reactions: Tomo009
So, I just had an idea.
If any of us get too frustrated to get one of the certain skins (looking at you, Hotshot Johnny), or an achievement, maybe we could make a KOTH/Survivor Room to get it?
And by that I mean, Hotshot Johnny needs a 10 win streak in Survivor, and I believe another skin requires a 10 win streak in KOTH.
One person gets the win streak, then gives it to the next, and so on.
Kinda cheating but ech, just a suggestion
Cheater cheater pumpkin eater!

I'd be fine with this.
Unlocking non-krypt stuff is a pain.

Yeah, it's mostly the third skin stuff that's bullshit hard.
Like, 10 wins in Survivor?
For a really cool Johnny skin? Cruel.
It could be like unlocking Mileena's flesh pit outfit in MK9.

It could be like unlocking Mileena's flesh pit outfit in MK9.
That wasn't even remotely difficult.

you know in wake of the game's events in regards to Scorpion
I hope the next game drops that title in favor of calling him Hanzo
they'll never not call him Scorpion.
just like the 2 sub-zeros weren't specifically called Bi Han and Kuai Liang.

which is weird because isn't the one in MKX Bi Han, even though Bi Han became Noob?
its not that hard, but not any less bullshit.

bet there are costumes specific to each faction that you need arbitrary faction stuff to unlock >_>

I got Shinnok's ending in the ladder.
Good to see they didn't forget THe One Being
bad to see Sonya, Goro, and my boy Kotal fade out of existence

Also, random question, are there any characters in MKX You simply refuse to do a Fatality on?
Be it because they're lovable, or because their screams are so disturbing?
Ain't never killing my boy Kotal or Johnny.

I meant in the sense that unlocking it meant you had to do a tedious tower and complete it to unlock one outfit.

So if you don't do a brutality or Fatality on someone, do they technically survive the fight? huh, interesting

That's what I always assume, unless there's an outro that shows them killing them.
Stryker's did, I think. I can't remember anyone else doing anything to the opponent.

Shang Tsung ate your characters soul.
And if you can count Kratos, he absorbed Blood Orbs/EXP from the opponent.
Which you usually get by killing peeps
And Corrupted Shinnok is shown carrying your characters severed head in his outro

I meant in the sense that unlocking it meant you had to do a tedious tower and complete it to unlock one outfit.
It wasn't even tedious. Half of the challenges beat themselves if you got lucky enough, and besides, it was a pretty awesome outfit. It kind of deserved a decent unlock method. Think of it like a badge of honor, like the Recon(?) armor. At least it wasn't what you had to do to unlock Dr. B in Tekken 3.

I love Corrupted Shinnok's fatality.

It wasn't even tedious. Half of the challenges beat themselves if you got lucky enough, and besides, it was a pretty awesome outfit. It kind of deserved a decent unlock method. Think of it like a badge of honor, like the Recon(?) armor. At least it wasn't what you had to do to unlock Dr. B in Tekken 3.
I liked the outfit, I just didn't find going through the tower all that fun, I guess. To each their own.

But yeah, I almost never kill Johnny Cage and Kotal.
Lately I might add Kung Jin to that list too because I feel horrible hearing JYB dying.
You'll get used it in due time. The first time I heard Mileena scream in MK:D I panicked for a bit, when I heard it in MK9 I got used to hearing it.

fun fact here
Kitana and Mileena's battle grunts/screams of agony are Grey DeLisle
but their actual speaking voices are Karen Strassman

Reactions: Osmiumsmith