• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Kung Jin is a hero and goes to help Kung Loa overcome zombie mode.

EDIT: Fixed wrong name :(

Basically, Sub Zero is
Daenerys Targaryen

Reactions: Jutsei
Hidden characters intros:

Edit: I Should have checked the posts above. Deleted.

Sorry @Kawalorn and thanks for the heads up @North888

Still.

Because of the new cloth designs we won't have this anymore...

tumblr_nnbrpi6hph1urk31po7_400.jpg

tumblr_nnbrpi6hph1urk31po3_540.jpg

It makes my boner sad, but it was for the better. They actually look like fighters now

It makes my boner sad, but it was for the better. They actually look like fighters now

The outworlders look good. But I wish for more skimpy alternate clothes.

The heroes from earthrealm on the other hand look plain. Just a bunch of people on gray clothes.

Like a bunch of FPS chars.

I know, I know, realism, etc. But why Scorpion is still yellow if he is a ninja? Realism?

This seems not to be about gameplay but man, those OS's are really somethin' else.
They sure are, the 1+2+3 = wtf one is being removed though.

Still gonna be super easy to OS specials on block or hit only though.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Aren't option selects also like one of the biggest mistakes you can do while designing a fighting game? After all, the less you need to think while playing the more broken it is. I hope they'll start eradicating them soon enough.

Aren't option selects also like one of the biggest mistakes you can do while designing a fighting game? After all, the less you need to think while playing the more broken it is. I hope they'll start eradicating them soon enough.
I dunno what they're supposed to be, but they're anti-hype to me. Anything that lets a player win without having to make a decision is lame.

For those that haven't seen it.

The one UltraDavid mentions at the end is the really bork one that is confirmed to be being removed. The 3 in this video are really potent already though.

Went for two more endings, Erron Black and Kano
Erron Black being much older than he is makes total sense, I want there to be fanfics of Erron in the old west before he met Shang Tsung.
And Kano's ending seems to be setting up a new character in the next game, I can dig it

Went for two more endings, Erron Black and Kano
Erron Black being much older than he is makes total sense, I want there to be fanfics of Erron in the old west before he met Shang Tsung.
And Kano's ending seems to be setting up a new character in the next game, I can dig it

And because of that suddenly the intro between Kenshi and Erron made much more sense:

Kenshi: The friendless wanderer.
Erron: At least I don't take orders from a woman.
Kenshi: What century are you from?

Reactions: North888
I have just read the lastest issue of the comic in comixology...

The characterization of Kotal:

It is weird how he goes from reasonable and heroic to "NOW I BE BAD!" on D'Vorah's chapter of the game.

It is like the producers needed to fill a quota of people to the heroes beat, and the Outworlders were being too reasonable for that.

I didn't really see him going
"NOW I BE BAD". He was more like "Dudes, you fucked up once, so now I'm gonna take care of it and I'm not taking "no" for an answer". He's just REALLY devoted to Outworlds prosperity without being bloodthirsty and destructive, and he doesn't care what other realms think.

Reactions: erkicman
It is still kind of weird. One of the causes of his rebellion against Mileena was to forge an Alliance with Earth against the Nether. Then he just goes to say: "fuck Earth"?

About Mileena. Well, this quote says it best.

• There's something sadly pathetic about the fact that Mileena has no genuine supporters amongst her faction. Of those that did support her, Baraka is dead, Rain was purposely driving her to destroy herself with Shinnok's amulet, and Tanya only supported her for Edenia's sake. Despite her instabilities, she still seems devoted to serving out her 'father's' will, and it seems at times she only wants to rule because she was explicitly created as Shao Kahn's heir. That she's so completely obsessed with pursuing a hopeless cause, with no support, for the approval of a dead man, who likely saw her as nothing more than a tool, seems rather pitiable. Then she gets her head devoured by insects.

I say it again. I like the Outworlders the best. Great designs very cool potential stories, but relegated to villains and jobbers.

But then again I always tend to like the non-protagonists the best.

Maybe that is why I like Skullgirls so much. Nobody over dominates the story.

I'm also pretty sure the character introduced in Kano's Ending is gonna show up in the sequel
People are already shipping Kano's son with Cassie, gross.
But they're also losing their minds over who the fuck had sex with Kano
My fav quote for it so far is
"Hey baby, ever fucked a Cyclops before?"

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Then he just goes to say: "fuck Earth"?[/spoiler]

This was also more like
"Earth is lost but I can still save Outworld". He wanted alliegiance with Earthrealm cause it would help him protect Outworld. Not cause he like Earthrealm. If he can throw it under a bus for his realms benefit, without repercutions, he will. Most politicians would.

I'm gonna laugh so freakin' hard if they made Taven into DLC. They're gonna have to do a SHIT TON of work on him if they're gonna convince me to buy him to me and I normally download all DLC characters for fighting games I play.

Anyone else having difficulty loading faction information or getting into living towers? I'm on the PS4 and it seems to be constantly down.

Reactions: erkicman
That happens sometimes.
I'm also 10 characters away from getting every single Arcade Mode ending.
And Tower master trophy.
Speaking of that, anyone going for the Platinum Trophy in the PS4 version?

I don't plan to go for the Platinum trophy. I reached faction level 50 today, so I now have kard items to earn more koins. The problem is, if I choose another faction I will lose all the faction kard items. At this point, I'm more interested in conquering the krypt than other goals.

Anyone else having difficulty loading faction information or getting into living towers? I'm on the PS4 and it seems to be constantly down.

Ever since the game is out the servers keep dying every few hours. Here on PC sometimes you can't even go online for a few hours. Did THAT many people buy the game, or what?

Tanya got a slight redesign and honestly I don't like it.

29_tanya01.jpg

29_tanya02.jpg

The re-redesign is farrrrrr better in my eyes than the redesign.

Very slowly easing my way into MK X Multiplayer, I like it, but there are some weird tactics, i've never had to deal with Mid-Range (Shirai Ryu Takeda and Shaolin Kung Jin? ), and there's also just weird tactics.
Twice a dude got me in a corner and got me in a low corner loop which i was able to stop.

But they're the same thng....The new one is just a bit more yellow and her eyes are glowy....hair a bit longer. The difference is barely tangible.

But they're the same thng....The new one is just a bit more yellow and her eyes are glowy....hair a bit longer. The difference is barely tangible.
Look at their facial structure and skin colour.

The original one didn't even look like Tanya.

Am i the only one that finds Tanya's face too "square"?

Reactions: Kai
Angry Joe pointed out in his review that it'd be nice if there was a Combo Tutorial mode, and I gotta agree, since Combos in this game are very strange and hard to get a grasp of.
Even if they're harder in Online I'd still like to feel kinda cool...

Oh well, any other MK X Tips?
Stuff to survive Online and keep my cool, stuff like that
Combo tips would be rad

My tip for surviving online is to avoid it entirely, it is just really bad in this game and will completely throw you off your timings when you try to play offline.

"combo tips" is a bit vague, what do you really mean?

Is there something that is giving you particular trouble? Is it the rules, links, specials cancels (they are wonky enough in this game to be mentioned), run cancels or what?

In general most things have a buffer, for example attacking out of a special or a jump in attack seems to have a fairly lenient buffer in most cases so you can just dial it in. Linking string with string though can be quite tricky, as the buffer seems absent. Though there DOES seem to be a buffer for string > run.

I can only give character specific tips, sorry. My advice would be to find some sort of decent juggle combo, one where you can launch and then do one of ultiple combos to juggle. I find that knowing different juggling moves that work helps when there's lag. Even if nets a few % less damage, as long as I know it'll connect with the buffer and lag, I'm happy.

Well given how I don't really mind the lag or the netcode of Online so far I'm not sure I can follow that.

Yeah it's mostly Linkers I'm having trouble with, it's mostly juggle based?