• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I think DLC Characters are BS in general unless done right
Yeah, like all the TTT2 DLC characters being free, because Harada rightly stated that charging for DLC characters can split the player base and break the game.

It's still highly unlikely.
I think they mostly mean stuff like having their arms ripped off or their heads cut off.
About that...

You should try some MK dude, it's fun :)

I would but I think it is too gruesome for me, is there like a PG mode for people who are a bit queasy with that stuff?

I would but I think it is too gruesome for me, is there like a PG mode for people who are a bit queasy with that stuff?

Don’t think so. I would say get someone you know and agree to don’t do Fatalities, but the gameplay itself is really gory too and X-Rays are an important part of the gameplay and very gruesome. I can understand if that’s not for you, but maybe you can check the game out via a friend and at least play it a little bit. Because if you enjoy the gameplay you can blend out the gore really easy.

Most experienced players don’t do Fatalities anyway, it's much easier to just punch the opponent down and get the next match up. Fatalities are best reserved for people talking shit over their mics or other individuals you want to piss off on purpose.

The closest thing you'll get to a PG MK would be Injustice, and that is a completely different beast from MK.

you know you don't actually have to do fatalities. In competitive play they actually tell people,not to do them because they take too long.

and you can always learn the alternatives like friendships and bablities.

you know you don't actually have to do fatalities. In competitive play they actually tell people,not to do them because they take too long.

and you can always learn the alternatives like friendships and bablities.
There's still the blood and the outfits and the x-rays and the stages and...

There's still the blood and the outfits and the x-rays and the stages and...
well yeah, that's true. At least the other games have those alternatives. And I don't remember if you can turn off the damage stuff in mk9.

Just turn the blood off. Most characters don't use X-Rays very well as you'd rather use that meter on breakers or EX moves. hell, my old main did less damage with an X-Ray than with a 1 meter combo. The main reason to X-Ray is to get an un-breakable combo win.

So I can turn the blood off? Ok that seems fine

You can but you have to imput a Kombat Kode which requires you and your opponent to input the same code before the match. The chances of that happening with a stranger are... slim.

That, and some might refuse to do it because they like the blood. Or they want to input a different Kombat Kode.

If we're talking online, you're probably SOL unless they let you turn the option on for yourself (dunno if that's possible). Offline shouldn't be an issue

About time Quan Chi covered his albino nipples as a dignified sorcerer should.

Reactions: TechPowah
Surely he's limiting his power in confidence if he's covering the nipples.

Everyone knows nipples are the power source for all magic users.

I think it was obvious Quan Chi was coming back given the last game's ending and all but I'm hoping since he IS back that this increases the chances of Noob Saibot coming back since Quan Chi was the one who brought him back from the Netherrealm and all.

I think it was obvious Quan Chi was coming back given the last game's ending and all but I'm hoping since he IS back that this increases the chances of Noob Saibot coming back since Quan Chi was the one who brought him back from the Netherrealm and all.
Yeah. He and Shinnok were set up as the primary villains for the next game.

Although if you ask me they could have skipped this in the time-jump, and now Shinnok rules and Quan Chi has something new to do.

Didn’t the guy from the trailer say Quan Chi uses the corpses of the fighters that died in MK9? Like he did already in this one fight in the Netherrealm? I expected him to use these in his fighting style somewhere. But that doesn’t seem to be the case so... zombified fighters incoming?

sounds like a real deadly alliance

1139482_o.gif

No, no, no. The phrase is "Kid-tested, mother-approved!"

Reactions: KaboomKid
MK having a stupid moe machine would be pretty great if done well. Something Meat levels of stupid.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I was under the impression that Ferra was the moe character of MKX.

Last edited:
Nah. She's a whole lot more bloodthirsty than cute. Doubt NRS would ever do a "moe" character, as that archetype is completely at odds with the general tone of MK.

What I wanna know is when we're gonna get more MK X info.
We're 5 months away from release and we still only have 8 characters.
Maybe they're gonna do something nuts like that Injustice vote tournament

Been a long ass time since any Mortal Kombat X updates, we're due for a character reveal in a gaming magazine in January though, and maybe we'll get a steady stream of new character stuff like with Injustice?
Who knows.

I just wanna know if Mileena comes back. I hope she does, she didn't croak in MK9 so there's no reason for her not to.

I thought they died?

No, both Mustard and Ketchup are only knocked out at the end of MK9, they're still alive.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Alright, MKX is looking hype. My first impressions were pretty negative (I really don't like the Injustice stage hazards), but this three variations of a character thing is nuts, it's such a good idea. The gameplay is looking mighty slick too. I just hope Noob comes back, else I'm gonna have to find a new main.