• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Let's hope for
latest

Okay licensing a software is not enough to strike a deal for a character. Maybe I'm a bit delusional

I thought it woulda been cool for an alt costume to be a reference to SG in some way. Of course, yeah, its just a licensed drive, but come on man. I wish the FG devs would get a bit more buddy buddy. I mean, there's obviously goodwill between L0 and French Bread, I'd love to see the same kinda goodwill between the MKX team and SG. Eh, Tremor looks really cool, though. I gotta say, might get me to pick this game back up again after dropping money for the pass and then stop caring like I did.

I would imagine Sonya would be the character of choice if Ellen is a costume instead of her own character

Possibly.
I think it's all but certain we're getting more DLC
It just remains to be seen if it'll be another Kombat Pass, or if it'll be DLC Separate from the pack like it was with Zatanna and Martian Manhunter.
I'm kinda hoping for one more pack and then maybe a few more outside of the pack.

That was so stressful... I knew Foxy Gramps was good, but not THIS good.

Grats @SonicFox5000 !!!! You climbed a VERY tough mountain there

Edit: Also, if my info is correct... Fox is EVO champion in every fighting game he's entered in tournaments. Except UNIEL and P4U2.

Last edited:
took down the grandpa like a fucking savage monster in that reset.

Congrats Fox! Nice work!

Congrats on both the championship and one of the most hilarious victories possible, @SonicFox5000

People really should tread lightly around you from now on...

Boop.
Tremor was the one character I expected the least from (slash kinda forgot he's there), and here it looks like he might be my fav in the Kombat Pack.

Satisfyingly deep voice, each variant seems well-defined and potentially interesting, + fatalities that make you go "ouch" rather than "yawn" as the cherry on top.

I like how he summons a stalagmite straight up Scorpion's bum.

Dude Tremor looks powerful and satisfying as hell. Might make me pick up MKX again...despite that I already bought the Kombat Pack....I wasn't very smart with my money at the time...

I like how he summons a stalagmite straight up Scorpion's bum.
Its to plug the salt so he doesn't become a saltybutt.

Seriously though, he's more Earthbender-y than I previously thought. Like, straight out of Avatar. And a Lavabender at that! Can't wait to use him

Fuck the Xenomorph, I wanna play as Ellen
give her the mech as one of her movesets

Have you no respect?

It is Lt. Ellen Ripley.

Reactions: Jutsei
Does Prometheus count as an Alien movie? Then...

Anyways, looks like Xenomorph is headed to MKX. Or a Synthetic like Bishop. I can't see them putting one of the human characters into the game. However, the biggest hurdle is the Alien's blood is corrosive. How do they get past it? One punch and your character is splattered in acidic blood that can melt through spaceship hulls.

Since Kombat Packs seem to be in fours, the next lineup could be:

1. Xenomorph
2. Rain
3. Some crossover person or copy/paste in Freddy Kreuger from MK9
5. Baraka

Reactions: Jutsei
Does Prometheus count as an Alien movie?

No, it just exists in the same universe. Saying Prometheus is an Alien movie is like saying Iron Man 3 was a Captain America movie.

Yeah, I think Xenomorph (Assuming they can get past the acidic blood AND THE FUCKING SKELETON HOLY SHIT HOW WOULD X-RAYS WORK IT'S AN EXOSKELETON) and Freddy Krueger are next, Ed joked about there being a Terminator coming too.

When's Dracula?

When's Rambo?

Oh wait they're making a Rambo 5 now

What about Molach?

when's that crack addict that lives down the street from you who goes running around telling people that "they" have managed to get into your head even though he doesn't know who "they" are.

I want him in MK

when's that crack addict that lives down the street from you who goes running around telling people that "they" have managed to get into your head even though he doesn't know who "they" are.

I want him in MK
I want the guy who tries to sell drugs to kids near the playground that got arrested multiple times.

He would wreck that other guy