• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The new Youtube comment system...

I didn't realize comments you post just dissapear unless you go through this whole unintuitive process. Guess I'm not commenting on Youtube videos anymore. Ever.
On the bright (or maybe dark for you) side, more funny ridiculously long posts. And a lot of "Death2Google" comments.

I didn't realize comments you post just dissapear unless you go through this whole unintuitive process. Guess I'm not commenting on Youtube videos anymore. Ever.
On the bright (or maybe dark for you) side, more funny ridiculously long posts. And a lot of "Death2Google" comments.

The video is kinda sorta joking on how untuitive stuff is, but I don't think you have to go through that.

That being said, I still haven't figured out how to check my inbox for replies or new comments.

I don't really do Youtube comments, but is that video satire?

i thought your G+ was your youtube

I don't really do Youtube comments, but is that video satire?

Yes, but it captures how most of us feel right now.

Not to mention fiddling with Google+ is absurdly convoluted and stupid right now.

i thought your G+ was your youtube

It's kinda...opaque.

I never use Google+, heck I don't even have Facebook, but since I have gmail I have Google+. I guess I'd better check it and make sure it's not posting up my viewing history...

*sigh* Nothing new really they just keep changing things that don't need it.

I also like how my avatar spontaneously combusted after changing over.

Other issues:

video gets refreshed whenever you click "Show comment" to see a reply chain.

Google + won't allow avatars that are too small. You'll have to search around to find a huge version of whatever you're using, and than crop that.

Instead of having 2 top comments and the normal ones, now you have to sort everything so you either see ALL top comments and no recent ones, or all recent ones and no top comments.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PERSONAL MESSAGE AND REPLY INBOX???

Minor issues yes, but annoying.

I clicked the Send Feedback button and sent a note that just said "FUCK YOU"
I did the same thing when I deleted my Google+ account.
"Please tell us why you have decided to stop using our services."
"YOU RUINED YOUTUBE."

They already messed up Gmail, so I dunno why messing up Youtube is much of a surprise to anyone. To be fair, Youtube Comments weren't all that good to begin with, but I'm not sure I'd trust today's Google with a sensible update for anything anyway. Just because these services are free doesn't mean they need to rub poop stains all over them.

Speaking of which, have any of you ever been on the main Google Product "forums"? I was on there when people were discussing the new Gmail Compose, and it was a total mess. The place is basically a virtual gas chamber for feedback, so it's no surprise that they try to mask it with some cute FAQ graphics before you go in. I guess customer service isn't much of a priority when all of your critics are just haters that are afraid of change, right?

*sigh* If only everything was handled with as much care as Skullgirls.

Just going on a rant here but damn if the new youtube isnt unintuitive as fuck
eg I was just looking through my videos and see a guy on one of them requesting notations, so I try to update the description but for some reason it wont let me (tried a few ways none worked) so then I decided to reply to his comment but I couldn't figure out how and after messing with some things I accidentally deleted his comment.
Also on another one of my videos some guy just saying "Thanks Chairman Mao" before posting the notations for others got automatically marked as spam and was completely invisible with youtube asking me to approve his comment and even when I did, nothing happened
Fuck new Youtube

I hate the fact that not just the commenting system, but the whole system now has issues that weren't there (for me) before!

For instance, everyone and their mother knows about the lovely "replay" button, right? Wanna watch a video again, guy? Just replay it. Remember? Yeah, um, that doesn't work for me now, sometimes. I'll literally click the button, and it won't play anymore! I'll have to refresh the damn page to watch the video!!

THANKS, GOOGLE, YOU THROBBING MASSES!

You know, as someone who goes on Youtube more than anything, fuck Google. No like from the the core of my little black heart, FUCK YOU Google. It's like, they need to change Youtube back to what it was pre everything is white and gray version. This is why I use DuckDuckGo, I am literally conviced Google is evil. If there is a future where feudalism comes back and corporations and government take all our freedoms away in first world countries, Google will be near the top of who is running things. Fuck these, ...I can't even think of a word to dscribe how bad they are.

Question is, what replaces Youtube?

I would laugh if Google ended up being Google Fiber.

A friend of mine warned me about some things on the new YouTube. If something says expand comment and has a link somewhere DO NOT CLICK IT. People are using it to link to screamers and viruses.

I hated google's youtube ever since they took away our channel customization. it is an atrocity I will never forgive, and I hope google burns for all of this.

Reactions: Candra Software
Boycott them then. Just stop commenting on youtube.

Boycott them then. Just stop commenting on youtube.
I needs my videos. if anyone tries to suggest me anything about youtube I will just yell "NO!!!!"

I was just starting to comment again due to Max's videos.
Now I can't comment withotu a Google + account and I utterly refuse to get a Google + Account because that means they win.

I needs my videos. if anyone tries to suggest me anything about youtube I will just yell "NO!!!!"
Just don't comment. Try using Twitter.

I was just starting to comment again due to Max's videos.
Now I can't comment withotu a Google + account and I utterly refuse to get a Google + Account because that means they win.
respond to his twitter then.

Just don't comment. Try using Twitter.

I hate them with every fiber of my being but the damage has been done and as soon as vimeo gets more popular and we can have the freedoms of old youtube then I will jump ship so fucking fast.

and its not just the google+ integration thats the problem. if I can post the entire SCRIPT of braveheart, star wars, and make text images of dicks and swastikas, there is a problem. and google should fucking be a big boy and own up to it.

also, nobody likes social media shoved down their throats. google+ fuckin' sucks and making us use it will not instantaneously make it a success. youtube was great, but you wanna know what else was pretty great?
MySpace.

Last edited:
Jutsei you have no idea. I got personally insulted by Gootecks on one of Max's videos. I can't even vent because I don't have a Google + account. I wasn't even gonna rage, just let him know that shit hurts. BUT NOPE. I NEED A GERGLEPLIS ACCOUNT TO DO IT! THIS BUBBLING SALT, THIS BOILING SODIUM.

I like how they took the already ugly new channel designs and made them even uglier by taking out the banner option.

Also no more "feed" or "channel comments", it's all supposed to be on Google+ now.

I wasn't even gonna rage, just let him know that shit hurts. BUT NOPE. I NEED A GERGLEPLIS ACCOUNT TO DO IT! THIS BUBBLING SALT, THIS BOILING SODIUM.
This is an interesting predicament. So which would you say actually makes you feel more frustrated, Google, or Gootecks? Googletecks?

To tell the truth, I'm kind of excited to see all of this Google rage piling up. Maybe some of Google's idiotic UX designers will finally get thrown to the curb. I wanna see Jason Cornwell hit that pavement so bad!

G...Googletecks?
I think I'm going to have an aneurism.
NO!
GET BACK!
I CAN'T CONTROL IT...!

G...Googletecks?
I think I'm going to have an aneurism.

Oh no!
etankplz.gif
185px-R%2BG_mix_(remake).png
White_Mage_-_CUR2.gif

Sadly, it might take a lot more to cure Google. I doubt even a wall turkey could do it.

Old comment system still works on this video.

I do hate this new tendency to put social network everywhere, like if I was supposed to show to anybody what I'm doing. So when I saw "Google +" on the comment section of YT I felt like "that again..." Leave us alone!

I also don't understand why changing something that was GOOD to make it BAD. That's what Microsoft made to the Xbox dashboard and the User Friendly Nightmare called Metro and Google recently made things more complicated to its services:
- You had the "caption on/off" button on the YT player, now you have to click on the gear first: why?
- You no longer have the "Drive" link on top of Google or Gmail: why?
- Click on "reply to [***] commentary" or to a time link (like 0:32) and it reloads the entire page!

Why big companies spend loads of money in making everything more COMPLICATED?!

Google can go &$#^ themselves. For an old school YouTuber from 2007, they should reinstate what made the YouTube comment system great. Such as grouping replies together like this:

Z9uBj7v.png

Not this.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I know someone pretty popular with subscriptions and stuff and since this change all their videos have had their monetisation options deactivated and the view count on the monetisation screen has been set to 0. It's pretty ridiculous.

As for comments I have no idea how to reply to, vote on or report them, loads of them don't have the option to do any of that and only some of them do.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Apparently the thumbs 'n ratings (and other options previously mentioned) don't appear on comments prior to the update. So it seems that you can't even start a conversation with old comments and have them notified that you're replying to their comments.