• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The new Youtube comment system...

... OH GOD.

Everyone, I just had a terrifying thought. A terrifying thought, indeed. And if what I think is true, then we YouTube users and lovers are in a tight spot. A tight spot indeed.

Okay, so it's really easy to get a copyright claim on a YouTube video for 10 seconds of copyrighted material, right? You can even claim copyright on reviews, right?

Well, as I believe Squire Grooktook pointed out, people are using the "no character limit" thing to post essays, novels, and scripts for movies.

That's copyrighted material. In the comment section. And each video has a comment section exclusive to that video.

So, in theory, doesn't that mean that YOU CAN CLAIM COPYRIGHT OVER A VIDEO'S COMMENT SECTION NOW?!

In other words, DID THE BULLSHIT JUST GET WORSE??

Seriously, that's making me want to stick to Dailymotion or another video hosting site. Perhaps a better place to archive my videos?

snip

To be fair, if you're saying that you fear that your video gets blocked for what somebody else posts, I doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if they did start suspending people based on comments though.

Last edited:
So I found out just now that turning on SafeSearch in Google hides Youtube comments. I then learned that I want to see the comments on ANY video, I have to turn off Safety Mode at the bottom of any Youtube page. Except that also turns SafeSearch off in Google.

What the hell? Why can't I see comments and have SafeSearch on? Why is it all or nothing? This is dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky
XlTTTd7.png