• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

Buffs and Nerfs incoming
Also they're are changing highlights and PotG so you can save and share them and the Comp will be better at telling what was cool rather than constant Bastion behind a shield getting triple kills on first roll out.

They're going to buff D.va? I'm excited.

MetroKoolAid#1727 is my username if anyone wants to add me. I main D.va and Soldier 76.

I'm sorry
ae02b6f1-96fa-4203-b730-785bb2c93948.jpg
b1c89937-5aae-4fd5-8634-d97bb5f8d335.jpg

Everytime I open a lootbox I close my eyes really hard and think about that one post in this thread that talked about a pity timer.
Because I'm level 21 and I have literally only gotten whites and blues and most of them are sprays and voice lines for characters I don't use.
My brother's level 23 and he's gotten 2 legendaries meanwhile the highlight of my lootboxing is mei's "sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry"
someone please hug me...

Has Blizzard said anything about trading items? I remember the spontaneous marketplace servers were one of the coolest things about TF2. I thought it was particularly neat how "prices" eventually stabilized and you could get any weapon you wanted by trading any two you didn't.

Everytime I open a lootbox I close my eyes really hard and think about that one post in this thread that talked about a pity timer.
Because I'm level 21 and I have literally only gotten whites and blues and most of them are sprays and voice lines for characters I don't use.
My brother's level 23 and he's gotten 2 legendaries meanwhile the highlight of my lootboxing is mei's "sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry"
someone please hug me...

I get duplicates. So many duplicates. I'm a fairly low level, and my last box? 3 duplicates. "At least you get gold" my buddy said right before he got a legendary skin... fuck him, right?

I've only gotten 2 or 3 duplicates so I don't even have gold...
No, none of what I've said is exaggeration
Yes, I go out of my way to prioritise killing people with legendaries

Reactions: Lexeous
I save mine until I get five, then open them all. I've gotten 6 legendary outfits and one legendary currency.

^ This. It's a pile of coins with a chest opened up.

I would have never played Junkrat if i hadn't gotten the jester skin out of a loot box. Now I know how fun he really is. So much damage without the need to be precise or on the front lines.

I.
I'm honestly at a loss for words.
You mean to tell me you could see a gold thing in a chest, have your heart stop.
Then it's revealed
COOOOOOOOOOOOOINS?

I mean, 500 coins is enough to get basically everything besides legendary skins, and it's enough for two of any epics. I'd probably prefer it to a random skin, tbh.

I would have never played Junkrat if i hadn't gotten the jester skin out of a loot box. Now I know how fun he really is. So much damage without the need to be precise or on the front lines.

The precise Junkrats are so hard to deal with. I went up against one who single handedly held a flank point. He'd conc me up into the air and then hit directly with grenades as I fell back down. I was stupidly impressed. Also, I like all of his skins!

Just to ask, any Xbox players around? It sometimes gets lonely at 8am in the morning, I've had to scour the subreddit for mates to play with but they end up passing out after a few rounds because they're American and it's like 2 in the morning for them. I feel as though I am one of a rare breed, the XB1 UK player, sitting on his couch eating his butteries.

I was so happy when I got Night Ops 76. It was one of the skins I really wanted. Now all I need is Junker for D.va

So hey yea should probably post here for stuff since I've been playing a lot and been rolling mostly with pugs. On PC my bnet name is Rizil82#1411. Play mostly D.Va and Pharah, but still experimenting with a lot of heroes. Bastion is free. That is all.

Bastion... such a controversial character.

Against a new team, he's the most broken piece of shit to ever grace the game.

Against a veteran team, he's considered the weakest character in the game.

Generally speaking he both counters and is countered by just about everyone in the game. To vs him, one typically requires a bit more map awareness (same to play a good reaper), but he drops fast once found.

I like to play him and use his modes as a way to reload. I can go almost an entire round with him and not touch the actual reload button.

When in doubt, nuke bastion from above: he can't focus on the front while shooting a bird down and can't move evasively while confronting 2 different directions.

yeah you don't need 2 JunkRats on a team. they just get in each other's way really...

Man, I wonder when we'll get any word on new characters, Sombra especially.
I wouldn't count on E3, though, Blizzard never hands out there, but there's a PC Gaming Conference, so maybe....

I didn't know it was possible but I just got the lifesaver highlight by SAVING MYSELF.
What happened:
I was playing junkrat on hanamura defense. We were on point A, and you know that square cut-out thing on the gate? I jump up there and randomly throw bombs everywhere and I accidentally actually hit someone.
At this point I've got 3 bombs left in clip and I decide to go down behind a Mccree and a D.Va(I think) WITHOUT RELOADING and I blindly shoot 2 bombs at Mccree's general direction. I get one hit in, he's only got a quarter of his health left.
Because I always hold forward when shooting as junkrat (Direct hits don't take as much effort point blank, do they) I end up in front of Mccree half-dead and with one bomb left in clip.
I shoot the last bomb on the ground and at the same moment he flashbangs me and I think "Well, they've played 5 genji and 1 lucio for the entire match until the last 30 seconds me dying shouldn't hurt."
Then suddenly, just as he's about to fan-the-hammer, BAM! He steps on the bloody thing saving my life only for me to get high-noon'd almost immediately.

So I finally got my very small hands on the game. It's pretty fun, even if my computer is laggy but eh. So far I seem to be best with D.Va and Lucio and *(the star is a hint/surprise thingy). Well mainly D.Va. I haven't gone into public matches yet but I will! Soon...

It's high noon...