• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

Yeah. Also I kinda left TF2. The community and game kinda got boring after a while. Also Overwatch players are some of the nicest people I have met.

OverWatching

To

The

MAX

Enjoy [but like... not too much. This is a Work Friendly Place]

Team Fortress 2 turns 10 years old next year, it's not surprising the player numbers dropped substantially.
Once Overwatch gets mod tools like SC 2 or Warcraft 3 I practically assure you the numbers will drop even harder.

Since Valve can't spend as much time on TF 2 maybe they can get to working on other games now...
You know.
Ones that have a "3" in them...

But they've never made a game with a three in it, so how can they work on something that doesn't exist?

And I can tell ya, I love the Overwatch community, but the stupidity in it is some of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
I want to put a gun to my head when I jump into a match, see I'm on offense, and 2 of the randos on my team are playing offensive Torbjorn and another person is playing offensive Bastion...

I gotta believe that if you're stupid enough to play Torbjorn on offensive IN EGYPT, just drink bleach.

Like, can Krunkidile make a learn series for Overwatch? Please?

I'll show you my offensive Torb on any map. Dude is scary (and scary fun!). Really reminds me of a mini-turret TF2 engie.

Edited to add:

I like offensive Bastion too.

Except that the turret takes longer to set up than an engie and torbjorn is built to be a defensive wall. Like, yeah, a shotgun is good for pushing up, but Reaper has that and is better suited for offense. Like, I can see using a defensive for HOLDING a point, but for pushing? They're not good at it. Like, in the time an offensive Bastion sets themself up as a turret, they're already dead.

Like, just because you're good at it doesn't make you the standard.
And Cairo is heavily catered to offense vs defense.

Last edited:
Offensive Torbjorn is just a diet offensive Symmetra. Trufax.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I want to get Overwatch so much after all the fun I had during the free weekend but...I'm sorry its way to expensive. I know its $40 for the full PC game, but I can play something like Paragon or League of Legends for free and get a ton of hours out of those. I mean, Overwatch's community is so far LEAGUES (heh) healthier than League of Legends, but that's not really what I'm looking for. For the content that the game currently gives, I can't support it. I hope it'll pull a Splatoon soon and start giving us word on the updates so I can maybe convince myself to get it.

Lack of a single player option at all also bugs me. I really don't like that in a retail game and I have a policy of not supporting it unless its a free game. Let me reiterate, I love what I had played of it and really enjoy what they've done...but I can't really support it until it shows me a bit more content, even if goes against my gaming morals.

Offensive Torbjorn is just a diet offensive Symmetra. Trufax.

Only with a better turret that doesn't have some disgusting cooldown and a great ult. I find Symmetra to be far too stationary for my tastes. I've definitely seen some good ones, but I prefer engie in every situation except maybe the first point on defense to get a tele up.

As for Torb, he can be played pretty quick. Run, drop a turret, and leave it there while you go elsewhere. l-click is super solid (though it requires practicing with since it drops so fast), and r-click is gross up close. He can pseudo-heal a bit using armor packs on himself too. Just because he can pump a turret to level 2 doesn't mean he should every time he drops one. On offense, the only time I'll put a level 2 up is after we clear the team, and I have the time to get a position that will be a big thorn in the opponent's side. I use the level 1 for chip damage, distraction, and time waster. Like I said, he's basically mini-sentry engineer. You can even drop one under pressure during scramble situations. It will build itself after all.

Edit:
@SanoBaron I missed your post.

Yes, Torb can be a wall (a surprisingly easy to kill wall with a surprisingly easy to kill turret which leads me to believe that the hole up style of play you see is the wrong style of play). So can Bastion. But they are more than that too.

I covered(ish) Torb above, so let's just talk Bastion. His recon mode is good. Don't set up as turret bastion unless you've got the drop (you can also set up in mid air if you can jump from something). It is also almost as fast as a reload (can't tell if it is faster or about the same but either way it is close). People who set up Bastion in one area are just asking to die whether it is from a Tracer dash, dash ult, a Reaper who gets behind you (and they all get behind you), a Hanzo ult or split arrow, etc. His recon mode has a solid gun with solid accuracy at all ranges (using burst) and solid damage. Use it, change form when you get the flank, change back when you need to reload or move, etc. Stay super mobile.

They may be less than ideal at certain roles, but lets face it, they aren't fucking up games any worse than the swarm of shitty Genjis, the double sniper comps, the tank who switches the moment the game starts, the Tracer or Pharah who refuse to touch the objectives, etc.

Last edited:
okay, Symmetra is much better for being offensive because you give your allies bonus sheild, and can prevent sneak attacks from behind with your six turrets which take no time to set up. like, Torbjorn's first level turret is not that great, it's fire rate is way too low for it to be as good as an equal to a mini-sentry. plus, with the amount of time it takes to set it up to level two, you already are getting dogged by Junkrats and snipers who see you trying to set it up. like, it might work, but that doesnt mean it's not ideal.

Symmetra can also be used on the front line to kill weak enemies through Reinhardt's shield and other damage preventing object that would normally block attacks. like, a bad Symmetra will just be stationary. a good Symmetra is all over the place making sure the team has a good perimeter and launching dat mega buster.

Her turrets have a huge cooldown time to respawn though and are stupid easy to kill if she's not their babysitting them. If someone clears your turrets out, she's just sitting there lobbing charged shots waiting to get them back. Torb gets to put a new turret up almost immediately. I'd give it to Symmetra but only in the case that her teleport proves useful (good Symmetras really only need to know when to stop playing Symmetra in my opinion).

In any case, we aren't talking ideal. We are talking fun. I don't think Torb is ideal on offense. I think he's viable (and fun). I'm not looking to play OW competitively. I like to play it in between fighters and Eve Online. I'm not going pro, and if I was, there are a host of characters that aren't viable at high levels in my opinion... including Torb and Bastion. Lucio and Mercy push out the other supports except in niche cases. Reinhardt and covers most of the Tank cases. Hanzo is a bit too luck oriented outside of scatter shot and ult. Etc, etc.

I have stumbled on the greatness that is Gremlin D.Va.
fea.png
I do not regret this decision.

I heard the original post on tumblr was removed by the artist because someone said it was pedophilia or something. How? I have no idea.

Oh hey gremlin D.VA. I was wondering when that would show up.

its very clear Papa 76 and Mama Mercy are best power couple.

Reactions: Lexeous
I'll never understand why they ship Mercy and Pharah

Prolly cuz Pharah/Mercy combo is so powerful when you have no one to shoot them out of the air.
You just see a rocket woman and an angel dancing in the sky with a tether to tie them together i guess? idk. I don't understand the internet. They call Hanzo "Hand soap" just cuz his name can be stretched out to sound like it.

i kinda ship Junk with Symetra... cause she's all about order and he's chaos. but in game they kinda do the same thing with trapping people and spamming.

i like it... don't judge you nerds.

Reactions: Lexeous
Prolly cuz Pharah/Mercy combo is so powerful when you have no one to shoot them out of the air.
You just see a rocket woman and an angel dancing in the sky with a tether to tie them together i guess? idk. I don't understand the internet. They call Hanzo "Hand soap" just cuz his name can be stretched out to sound like it.
This was the same logic that led to Heavy/Medic shippers in TF2, so it's not unheard of.

cb2.png

I kinda liked mercy and Reinhardt together as a couple....wait...how old is mercy again?

So, I've realized something really clever about making a good portion of the characters physically attractive: It's desirable to play a healer to follow the characters' butts. Treasure that booty.