• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

I heard a developer confirmed they'll only release characters one at a time now cause they realized adding Genji, D.VA, and Mei at the same time was too much to take in for testing, that right?

If they release them one at a time, there's going to be about a week when every single person in pubs play nothing but the new hero they don't know how to play, which is just pure shit for everyone involved. I certainly hope that they release more than one at a time so that there's at least some chance of getting a vaguely balanced team comp.

Dad 76 is probably my favorite meme to come out of this game
zkvlCO4.jpg

Dad+76+comp_1d36f3_5937780.jpg

w2TZEM5.jpg

I like how that comic keeps the lore of Pharah being a quadruple amputee.

Reactions: Lexeous
I like how that comic keeps the lore of Pharah being a quadruple amputee.
What Lore?

No seriously... I see no evidence in Pharah's bios that she has cybernetics. It's all just fans making that stuff up.

hell even OverWatch Devs. Tweeted about this debunking the theroy stating that it's just her suit.

So anyone think we might get some future content teasers 'bout Overwatch at E3?

I've heard Blizz is always super stingy with info at events that don't start with "Blizz".

What Lore?

No seriously... I see no evidence in Pharah's bios that she has cybernetics. It's all just fans making that stuff up.

hell even OverWatch Devs. Tweeted about this debunking the theroy stating that it's just her suit.
tumblr_o8au9lInow1tqw94do1_1280.jpg

Cih1zxtUgAAs4AD.jpg:large

Either way this game has quite a lot of amputees when you think about it, not that unbelievable Pharah might be a quadruple amputee

What Lore?

I meant to say fan theory, but one major thing that helps support that theory is her design
like, there's hinges on her suit that a normal body wouldn't be able to accomadate hinges for, and she's not the only one who could be missing limbs.
McCree's left arm is robotic,
Junkrat has a pegleg,
Genji is probably just half a torso with a head attached because he can't eat.
And then there's Lucio.
Bitch dont have no legs.

She's not amputated, she's toyetic!

It is kinda cool that if they ever release Overwatch toys the joints will be character-accurate. Toys often have trouble balancing cool articulation and detailed sculpting. McFarlane used to have a lot of trouble with basically making little plastic statues, but NECA's been really good about hiding joints lately...

Sorry. I like toys.

@Agent J Please tell me Mightysam was playing Zenyatta. 'Cause, you know. Prayer beads. Also, robot.

Yea that's definitely the general main menu chat.
Alsoooo does that mean to yank them, or to find and press the switch to that starts them up and vibrate?

IT'S ANIME

100% Official

also the end credits

i'd believe it. That's some damn fine editing!

Welp D.Va's still waiting for her buff, but we did get McCree's and Widowmakers nerfs
HERO BALANCE CHANGES

McCree
  • Peacekeeper
    • Alternate Fire
      • Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
      • Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

Widowmaker
  • Widow’s Kiss
    • Alternate Fire (Scoped Shot)
      • Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
        • Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
      • Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
      • Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
  • Infra-Sight
    • Ultimate cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game.

BUG FIXES

General
  • Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games

Heroes
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps

Maps
  • Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight
Thank god for McCree nerf, absolute bane to Reinhardt fun.

Hmmm... I've got a real issue right here.

So I'm trying to play Overwatch on my computer, and it's kinda old yeah but low resolution makes it run actually very smooth. BUT. My main menu cursor doesn't go away when I actually start playing :^( It only goes so far as the screen and I can only move in 270 degrees, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to not be able to look behind me. I'm essentially stuck with a pre-release Bastion perspective 100% of the time.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

go in and out of full screen mode via alt+enter

if the cursor still doesn't disappear then... uhhh you're going to have to go to the official Overwatch threads