• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

Would they really mkae it a Chimpanzee though? Wouldn't that be a Hitbox nightmare?
But they did say something was in the Vents...probably Hammond
Are you complaining about small hit boxes when Torbjorn exists?

Looking at the final map in that link...what do you want to bet those Scientist Status markers are where their bodies are?

Also that the Orange area is the Last Known Location of both Hammond and Winston's tracking implants, in the Observatory from Winston's animated short.

You want him to get arrested for expanded dong?

Cant believe its been a year since I created this thread. I just wanna say thank you to all you Overwatch players and see you online ;) (hopefully as hanzo)

[COMING SOON] Horizon Lunar Colony | New Map Preview | Overwatch

Can't wait to explore this map.
Also, PTR updates.

Oni Genji and Officer D.Va have been added to classic loot boxes.

McCree

Deadeye

- Targets now begin locking on after 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds.
- Damage accumulated over the first 1.0 seconds increased from 20 to 80 (damage per second after the first 1.0 seconds is unchanged).

Developer Comment:
McCree’s ultimate can deal a lot of damage if it has a lot of time to build up, but it was often too difficult to get even a small amount of damage out before being stopped or killed. These changes make it more flexible and powerful.

Reaper

The Reaping (Passive)

- Removed health orbs.
- Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health.

Developer Comment:
Reaper’s old healing passive was useful if you could kill a bunch of enemies in a row. But since enemies needed to be dead for it to work, it wasn’t very helpful unless the situation was already in your favor. His new passive lets him get immediate benefit from it, especially when fighting Tank heroes, which tend to be larger targets that deal lower damage.

Roadhog

- Head hitbox size reduced by 20%

Scrap Gun

- Bullet damage decreased by 33%.
- Fire rate increased by 30%.
- Clip size increased from 4 to 5.

Developer Comment: Roadhog’s head was abnormally large compared to similarly-sized characters, so we’re reducing its size to increase his survivability. The Scrap Gun changes reduce the power of his hook combo and alternate fire burst damage potential while still keeping his DPS roughly the same.

Last edited:
Hey wait a fucking minute if the new hero is a monkey isn't it gonna be
IMG_1082.PNG

WTF WITH THAT MCCREE BUFF?!?! THAT ULT IS ALREADY BULL SHIT ENOUGH!
Hey whoa, McCree has gotten enough of the nerf bat. Let him get a buff.
He's not even that bad.

But what about Hammond?
The thing still says he's missing....
I mean, does floating around in space with no space suit count as being found?

hmmmm

actually nah, i agree with this buff.

in normal/competitive play his ult is kinda blah, unless you sneak behind the enemy.

only then when everyone tries to hide you're still able to tag em.

over all McCree's buff is fine. it's not like you press Q and you get auto headshot death kill. you still have to wait a full second to get any good amount of damage.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
I feel bad for McCree. He's constantly given nerfs because he killed someone and they got salty enough to make a big stink about it.

And he still gets nerfed.

His damage, his combo, his range. IS THERE ANY ADVANTAGE MCCREE CAN HAVE AT LEAST?

Last edited:
Rip Roadhog that year we had together was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, poor Roadhog. Hell, atm I'm even able to survive as Mercy if I get hooked =\

Also, from the youtube video's Desc, the new map is an Assault map. Here comes those annoying choke points again.

But what about Hammond?
The thing still says he's missing....

Winston has not acknowledged him, maybe he stowed away on his escape rocket. The question is still though, is he a Hero like Winston, or an Anti-hero/Villain?

The reason I point this out is because Chimpanzees (if that is what he is) are extremely cruel primates. We don't know how he handled the Gene therapy, only that he's escaped his cage and lived for at least a week in the vents most likely stealing food to survive.

Rip Roadhog that year we had together was fun.

I enjoy this change to my main. It means now I have to work harder for my kills.

Now I can burst flankers down faster with out the need for a hook.

His 30% rate of fire buff means, if dps try to fight him up close or mid range, they will die faster now.

I can line up medium and close range spreads very well with him.

Yeah, I still think Hammond is in the pipes, we just got Horizon map first since the last map we got wasn't since December, half a year without a new map, I think we'll get Hammond late June or early July, like what happened with Ana
The reason I point this out is because Chimpanzees (if that is what he is) are extremely cruel primates.
If it is a Chimp, I'm pretty sure it's not another Gorilla, the camera feeds on Horizon show a variety of primates, including an Orangutan.
What if it's a Baboon? Baboons are fucked up, there's a video online of Baboons tearing flesh from a gazelle and eating it raw while the Gazelle is alive and wailing in pain

Genji also feels really good to play though.
I just wish he could switch to third person with his ult though.

Don't you just love it when you shell out $20 and 7-10 of your boxes are filled with nothing but Blue/Grays?
I sure do.
I absolutely fucking love getting one shit-ass Legendary and then a duplicate Legendary in my very last box.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Haha… I bought over 100 for this event.
You're just begging for disappointment if you think 20 will be enough…

I think I've opened around 30 boxes this event. I've only got 3 legendaries from this event so far.

I mean, not all at once. Jeez.

Just like, 50 on week, and maybe… 60 on the other.

I NEED SKINS!

Getting non event legendaries is the new defeat

I use to think that til I saw gold player icons and now I know why my drop rate has been bad this event.

Pfft, that's nothing compared to default rolling McCree face.

Oh my god...how would Orisa look?

So I just learned som'in...

Nano-boosted Roadhog is scary as fuck. I cleared a point twice (2 separate occasions). Also spent the rest of that match on Fire and landed so many wonderful hooks from flanking. Even did this beaute of a payload clear (even killed em both)

We still lost cause of a player sand bagging most the match (Bastion). He even got a pretty lame Play of the Game =\ Oh well. That was fun =D Too bad Flankhog's not gonna be valid soon.

So I just learned som'in...

Nano-boosted Roadhog is scary as fuck. I cleared a point twice (2 separate occasions). Also spent the rest of that match on Fire and landed so many wonderful hooks from flanking. Even did this beaute of a payload clear (even killed em both)

We still lost cause of a player sand bagging most the match (Bastion). He even got a pretty lame Play of the Game =\ Oh well. That was fun =D Too bad Flankhog's not gonna be valid soon.

You say that and I'm just reminded of earlier in OW's post-release life. I don't remember the player's name, but the team he was on had popped up frequently in the tournaments and always did very strong, and he primarily played Roadhog.

Not just Roadhog, but one that would, if he felt he could get away with it, flank. And often he did.

I'm not sure how valid it is these days, as I've fallen out of the that kind of knowledge, but basically if you and your team are good enough and can capitalize on the surprise if it works... anything is really valid.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
I hardly flank in general (since I main Mercy), but I found the best times to flank that match and took out 2 teles and even a few sneaky people trying to flank also

I wonder if 76's terrible dancing skills are part of what lead to Overwatch's downfall...

I enjoy this change to my main. It means now I have to work harder for my kills.

Now I can burst flankers down faster with out the need for a hook.

His 30% rate of fire buff means, if dps try to fight him up close or mid range, they will die faster now.

I can line up medium and close range spreads very well with him.

Other characters can do that better than Roadhog. If he can't kill people out of position, he brings nothing to a team that another character can't.

I'm happy the hookshot combo will be less absurd.

Other characters can do that better than Roadhog. If he can't kill people out of position, he brings nothing to a team that another character can't.

That's why they gave him a rate of fire buff. Shoot once or twice to get them low fast then hook/shot to finish.

If you can line up your spreads no problem then this won't be as bad as people make it out to be.