• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

How do I catch up with this game after living under a rock inside a cave for three months? Any major changes I should know about, especially concerning Lucio, Reinhardt, and McCree? I already know about Orissa and the Uprising event, I'm just behind on any patches I've missed.

Also, Doomfist voiced by Terry Crews, any news on that yet?

Lucio slight damage buff, now has visible aura (team) for effects. Aura range smaller but very slightly more effective. Speed Boost from jumping off wall.
Nothing new (as far as I know) for Rein
McCree's getting a buff, if you read the spoiler above.
Oh and Roadhog keeps getting smacked with the nerf bat
Another thing from the recent patch was Mercy's Rez will also make her invice for a moment.

Nothing remotely about Doomfist still. New hero teased before him. Also new stage (also shown in a post above), not counting the 3 new 1v1-esk maps (Black Forest, Casttilo, Necropolis)

edit: "Above", I mean in the last page. I didn't notice I started a new page with my last post <,>

Last edited:
I'm getting pretty sick and bloody tired of being 600+ damaged by a bloody Scatter Arrow shot at my feet. That's som'in that needs a freaking nerf...

Edit: Sorry about the triple post <,>

aw don't worry.

*pat pat*

The thing is Hanzo's damage output is kinda all over the place. Body Shots are eh damage, his head shots are where he should be focusing, and for the scatter it's meant to be this keep away tool where you're supposed to aim it so bounces around in a hallway or something and with each bounce the arrows deal more damage. As for the Scatter Pick tactic it's good and allows Hanzo it quickly pick off a target when he doesn't have time to head shot.

if i where to nerf it i would reduce the base damage of each scatter and then have each bounce it does have a higher scale so that over all it's damage stays the same but the Scatter Pick doesn't deal like 600 damage but more like idk... 150'ish? still good for picking but it's not like an insta kill for a lot of people with shields and armor. It would also help Hanzo's be more mindful with their other tools, to use dragon's eye to help see where the enemy is going and to set up a trap in a choke point. Where the scatter can deal the most damage.

If all arrows hit the target it deals 450 damage total.

okay but still. 450 is a ton. and it can take out most tanks if they're getting battered from multiple sides

It's all that Hanzo has, bro.

Don't nerf what ain't strong.

It shouldn't pretty much 1 shot people by getting shot in the toe though. If Scatter Shot did that much with a head shot, I wouldn't bat an eye. As it is, it's pretty stupid to get all that damage from someone dropping a non-explosive projectile at the base of a char. It's like how everyone's complaining about Roadhog's shotgun 1-shotting em up close, but there's a difference: Hanzo doesn't need to be close. Any range toe shot will be pretty much death to anyone he shoots in the bloody toe. Scatter Arrow is a skill shot (not the moba kind) that lets you pick off foes from around corners. As it is, it's too strong for how people are using it. It's also he's a sniper type, someone gets in your face, sucks to be you, really.

Last edited:
They 100% will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good riddance to Roadhog's bullshit. I can finally turn corners and not have to fear getting one hit by some asshole.

They've never pulled a PTR change. Even the absurd Bastion buffs made it to live. If they make any changes to Roadhog's nerfs it'll be in a later patch. Until then Roadhog is dead.

Without hook Roadhog has nothing. His left click doesn't do anything significant enough to pick him over another hero, and his right click is too situational to depend on. His ult is also on the weaker end of the spectrum when it comes to how useful ultra are in this game. If hook doesn't lead to any actual punishment, then there's no reason to ever pick Roadhog, unless you want a shitty Reaper that gives the other team free ult charge.

If hook doesn't lead to any actual punishment, then there's no reason to ever pick Roadhog

Actual Punishment =/= OHKO hook. Learn to shoot twice

Dude holy shit I'm so fucking glad Roadhog is dead
I've been running into him so often and he's a fucking shell of his former self he's practically wasting his own team's time.

What if the new Overwatch hero is one of those little fellas?

scrn_timeSplitters-2-01.jpg

They've never pulled a PTR change. Even the absurd Bastion buffs made it to live. If they make any changes to Roadhog's nerfs it'll be in a later patch. Until then Roadhog is dead.

What about the last PTR, where the Zenyatta Discord buff never went live, and where Ana's nerfs stayed on the PTR and never made it to the final product?

Did that just not happen? Was it just a fever dream?

Those were changed before the final version of their PTRs, if I remember correctly.

what if its just a set of 4 Winston legendary skins that give new VO and Blizzard is just trolling us?

Roadhog did nothing wrong.

[NEW STATUE] D.Va | Pre-Order Now! | Overwatch

Waiting for a statue of Symmetra.​

Reactions: Ktulu
I can't wait for the Roadhog statue, where it's just a tombstone.

I can't wait for the Roadhog statue, where it's just a tombstone.

Fuck.

That's strong.

[NEW STATUE] D.Va | Pre-Order Now! | Overwatch

Waiting for a statue of Symmetra.​

And the price of it is a good incentive to have a 3d printer. A bit of subdivision surface here, some paint there and you can have a good statue or bust with the size and detail you want or is willing to sand out of it

He's finally here, not Terry Crews though.
But that's fine, because if he voiced Doomfist, this could lead to scheduling conflict for new lines.
It's a noted problem for "Celebrity" voices in Payday 2, they have a character voiced by Ron Perlman and new lines come very rarely for him because he's Ron Perlman and very busy.

Worse comes to worse, Doomfist could have a costume of a different Doomfist and that skin could have Terry's voice.

Reactions: Ninja
How about we wait before we go on a witch hunt for nerfs, eh?

Nerf everybody to Roadhog tier.

Reactions: Kit Ballard