• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Anyone ready for a Pokemon reveal soon?

Hoping it's any past rep that's NOT Lucario. I want Mewtwo back or Fairy-type Jigglypuff. Red is fine too.

Holy shit at Fox having mechanical legs. His sheer absurdity in Melee makes so much sense now.

Hoping it's any past rep that's NOT Lucario. I want Mewtwo back or Fairy-type Jigglypuff. Red is fine too.

Holy shit at Fox having mechanical legs. His sheer absurdity in Melee makes so much sense now.

It's going to be Obamasnow

maybe they'll use mewtwo again for the x/y evolutions.

they'd add some depth to the char. changing evolutions mid-battle n'all

Maybe it'll be a new Pokemon Trainer

They should boot lucario, bring back mewtwo and put in a new pokemon trainer.

That is the ideal situation for me.

:P
It's gonna be the X & Y trainer with:
Torchic, Ivysaur, and Greninja

Why would he be.... oooh I gotcha.

And when Torchic uses down b, it's actually baton pass that passes all the speed boosts to Ivysaur :P

Nah, I bet if there's an announcement related to Pokemon and Smash this week, it's gonna be Hyper Smash Bros. Pokemon Edition. ;)

there have been rumors about mega plusle and minum so its still a chance
Umm... the full list is already leaked.
I don't want to get spoiled so I can't confirm/deny the above, but you can find a list yourself.

Umm... the full list is already leaked.
I don't want to get spoiled so I can't confirm/deny the above, but you can find a list yourself.

Wrooong again charlie!

There's a list of pokemon that are getting retrademarked for the purposes of what? Megalutions. All the pokemon with megalutions are on this list and guess who else is? Scizor, Tyranitar, Plusle and Minun. There's more than that on the list yet I can't seem to find it... I need to look through my history.

Wrooong again charlie!

There's a list of pokemon that are getting retrademarked for the purposes of what? Megalutions. All the pokemon with megalutions are on this list and guess who else is? Scizor, Tyranitar, Plusle and Minun. There's more than that on the list yet I can't seem to find it... I need to look through my history.
No, there's a full list swimming around somewhere. There was a canadian game leak.
I really don't want to search for it because I'm trying as hard as I can to remain unspoiled, but I saw it on another forum I frequent and I immediately closed the page in fear.

Wrooong again charlie!

Tyranitar and Aggron had Megaevolutions confirmed today as well. No Plusle and Minun though. I am still holding out for more Megas of Pokemon who need a buff rather than just big guns, though.

But yeah, Pokemon reveal this month is extremely likely.
We'll also most likely get a new Zelda or Mario reveal next month.
Bowser Jr? >8O

All I know is I wanna see Girahim in place of Ganondorf . He has more potential for a cool moveset (dual wielding swords? yes please) and I totally dig his flamboyant nature.

But yeah, Pokemon reveal this month is extremely likely.
We'll also most likely get a new Zelda or Mario reveal next month.
Bowser Jr? >8O
FUCK YEAH BOWSER JR!

OH GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I would totally not mind Bowser Jr, either him or Waluigi seems like the natural next Mario character.
Or Daisy.
Or Rosalina.
BUT WE NEED MORE GODDAMN VILLAINS

I would totally not mind Bowser Jr, either him or Waluigi seems like the natural next Mario character.
Or Daisy.
Or Rosalina.
BUT WE NEED MORE GODDAMN VILLAINS
Daisy and Rosalina are easily just colour palette worthy rather than a whole new character worthy. Waluigi is a little difficult to place because he doesn't have much gaming meat to him. Just sports stuff which would be rather boring honestly.

Now Bowser Jr... Not only is he a villain, he's got a possibly awesome versatile moveset. He could take elements from Sunshine (Most of them I can imagine) with things like the paintbrush for both melee attacks and possible projectile paint? I can see them using the painting in some way, like a special that he specifically draws something and it attacks. Maybe a reference to Shadow Mario in there somewhere other than his little handkerchief.

Then there's the galaxy bits that could also be incorporated into a possible final smash or recovery of sorts. Summoning a small platoon of airships that drop bombs and bullet bills, occasionally Namek will shoot a geometry beam. Then the traits he would inevitably inherit from his father and Koopas in general: use of the shell and possibly whirling attacks.

Overall, speed is high, size is small - medium small, weight is below average, power is average, awesome is incredibly high and koopas are amazing. It's beautiful...

He always goes for the slow and heavy types.

daily.jpg

Sonic's kicking Bowser around since Eggman isn't here.

That is so fake it hurts. It's freaking Mewtwo's Melee Model.

But yeah, I do hope we get some Mario Galaxy references.

These really are hilarious.
It's funny, I saw a really convincing argument that this actually WASN'T fake on SmashBoards. I'm not sold, but he made a good case.

Mewtwo is simply too small in those for them to be anything close to legitimate. He's barely taller than pikachu which is BS :P

Mewtwo is simply too small in those for them to be anything close to legitimate. He's barely taller than pikachu which is BS :P
It's his Awakened Form, which does look smaller...

Still though, more than likely a fake.
If we get a Pokemon X & Y reveal, it's gonna be in a few days or next week.

Back