• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I really hope one of her alt colors is red top and black pants..... because I love red and black....

You sound like every poor made, angsty OC ever.
;A; red is legit my favorite color and I like the sleekness of black.... it works on superboy....

tomorrow
New-Challenger-Approaching--super-smash-bros--brawl-162129_479_120.jpg

wqDNsuD.png

i'm waiting nintendo

It's not exactly the same but...
dundundun
I am so happy about this reveal. The hover mechanic and buffed teleport will give <insert new character> the edge that he desperately needed in Melee. Plus, the official update to the game will this Winter! I was almost certain the wait would be longer since the next version is going to include Turbo Mode, Roy, <insert new character>, at least two more stages, and several new costumes for characters using the new costume engine they made (including a Dr. Mario skin for Mario).

dundundun

This is about as close as I'm going to get to that Event Match I want, isn't it?

this thing is amazing!

Nintendo need to employ these guys!

dundundun

I don't even like Project M at all, holy fuck that was hype as all hell. That hover mechanic looks incredible and those combos are nasty

That's kind of like peach's float, only better in pretty much every way....
Well not really. It's much shorter than Peach's float and while it didn't say this in the trailer, you can only hover out of Mewtwo's first jump so it wouldn't help in recovery. But yeah, if you're on stage it seems a lot more useful.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Sakurai is harder to read than a Filia with Peacock's "Poke!" assist. (s.LP for those who don't know the names of the normals.)

Reactions: juju_for_president
Was I the only one who saw this coming? I wasn't expecting anything from Sakurai and tada! Nuthin

To be fair you had to expect this.
Sakurai defies expectations and then makes you lower your guard
If that's the case, then there better be a damn good announcement soon. I hate being in the dark...

If that's the case, then there better be a damn good announcement soon. I hate being in the dark...
He probably knew everyone was waiting for this and delayed it to make it a surprise.
Or if it's a new character he's still working on the intro video.

He probably knew everyone was waiting for this and delayed it to make it a surprise.
Or if it's a new character he's still working on the intro video.

If there was a video to be revealed this month then the video would have been done a month ago at least. That kind of stuff isn't done last minute. Only Sonic is.

I know it's pretty safe, and not that original, but here's my personal Pokemon roster for Smash:

Pikachu - about the same as Brawl
Jigglypuff - Fairy-type final smash
Mewtwo - Mega evolution final smash, reclaim Lucario's spot
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

I don't think we need more than that, really.....

I know it's pretty safe, and not that original, but here's my personal Pokemon roster for Smash:

Pikachu - about the same as Brawl
Jigglypuff - Fairy-type final smash
Mewtwo - Mega evolution final smash, reclaim Lucario's spot
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

I don't think we need more than that, really.....

Pikachu - Needs a better bair and return to melee's uair (making sense). Nerfed Dsmash plz
Jiggz - Give Rest its usefulness back, Fairy FS I agree with. Gigalypuff was ridiculous.
Mewtwo - Keep confusion and Disable they were awesome. Maybe a hover since that was awesome.
Pokemon Trainer - Need an update. Red's getting old. While it's classic, let's take a chance and put in a gen 3 trainer with gen 3 pokemon: Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken. GEN 3 CONFIRMED

I would like another pokemon, but finding which pokemon makes me sad... There's so many that it could be...

is it bad that I don't care if mewtwo doesnt come back? I mean, he was way too strong in Melee, most of his attacks sent people flying further than a lot of other smashes....

at least with Lucario he was a risk/reward character.....

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
But Mewtwo was one of the weakest characters in Melee..
And even if he was super powerful, that doesn't mean he would be the same in the new Smash Bros.

is it bad that I don't care if mewtwo doesnt come back? I mean, he was way too strong in Melee, most of his attacks sent people flying further than a lot of other smashes....

at least with Lucario he was a risk/reward character.....

Mewtwo was actually terrible in Melee. He was fun to play, but not practical in the slightest. Nonetheless I love him and really want him to return. And it would shut up the genwunners.

Mewtwo was actually terrible in Melee. He was fun to play, but not practical in the slightest. Nonetheless I love him and really want him to return. And it would shut up the genwunners.
fuck the genwhiners.
I still like Lucario though......

fuck the genwhiners.
I still like Lucario though......

Lucario was eh. Personally I want him gone. And if they don't put in Mewtwo, at least put in Zoroark.

Well not really. It's much shorter than Peach's float and while it didn't say this in the trailer, you can only hover out of Mewtwo's first jump so it wouldn't help in recovery. But yeah, if you're on stage it seems a lot more useful.
Ah didn't know about the first jump thing since it didn't really say anything about that. but it's length is pretty nice when not canceled. but yea outside of recovery seems like peach's float just got beaten in every other way. also it depends on how the move cancels, float canceling was better than l canceling in melee so if mewtwo still has to l cancel and it's not float canceling then i guess that's also okay.

If the picture doens't have Sakurai commentary, it's a false picture of the day and you get a character.
That's how you know

Yeah, how you know you still can't predict that crafty hooligan.