• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Sep 15 is my birthday, but I don't need drawings since Smash will release within a week of then anyway. Sorry DDB, you'll have to reprimand your parents for planting the seed 5 months too early.

You're not really taking that seriously are you? There's no way it'd be due for release in a little over 2 weeks without us knowing already. And there's no way it's releasing before Mario Kart.
Would certainly be a pleasant surprise no doubt.

tumblr_n2vjnqJQWD1rmhoxyo1_500.png

de fite is uhn

Reactions: juju_for_president
Smash Confession time:

If you don't sing Let It Go whenever the Ice Climbers get their Final Smash in Brawl, I'm sorry, but I can't play with you.

I don't want to waste my time fighting a scrub.

But what if,
when the new game comes out,
whenever I play Mega Man I constantly and consistently sing The Will of One without once stopping until the match is over?
Every time I play him.
For all time.

How non-scrubbish will I be then?

I really can't get on the Frozen circlejerkwagon.

On another note, Za Warudo Luigi master race.

guys, you need to try this:

all explosives and fans
dreamland
double damage
ALL Jigglypuffs.

4 players only

Reactions: Eben
guys, you need to try this:

all explosives and fans
dreamland
double damage
ALL Jigglypuffs.

4 players only

Melee
Tiny Brawl
All Pichu
Poison Mushroom and Cloaking Device only
Flat Zone

You're welcome.

Melee
Tiny Brawl
All Pichu
Flat Zone

You're welcome.
are you mtrying to imply there is any other way to play this game?
also Pichu v Pichu, Final Destination, No Items

Melee
Tiny Brawl
All Pichu
Flat Zone

You're welcome.

Giant Brawl
Mega Mushrooms Only
Bowser/Donkey Kong/Dedede/Charizard
Yoshi's Island

reminds me of the time I saw an unironic match that had all Fox on final destination
comp smash is a magical thing sometimes

those eyes
they have no soul
they want only to destroy humanity and all other life

Reactions: musica
No, he just happened to have good game design ideas. Universally good ideas are often shared and implemented simultaneously without any need for relation or intercommunication.

No, he just happened to have good game design ideas. Universally good ideas are often shared and implemented simultaneously without any need for relation or intercommunication.
new-super-mario-bros-u_02-300x300.png
250px-ALBW_Ravio.png

Please Understand

zlCfzRrYKTkwJNfwDa

"Pic of the day. Here's a comparison of characters with and without their outlines on the 3DS version. They also give off a different impression in 3D, so customize the look however you like."

Makes me think of the scene in Ed, Edd & Eddy where Eddy Takes Jimmy's outline off, making him melt. God, that was a weird episode.

Last edited:
::sigh:: Not to sound ungrateful but hasn't he already shown us this in practice? I'm getting really worried about a lack of character reveals this month. Makes me think this is it as far as a roster goes.

We haven't seen a proper side-by-side of the the outlines yet
and I can say I prefer them, link looks jagged as hell there (though it might be the image quality)

::sigh:: Not to sound ungrateful but hasn't he already shown us this in practice? I'm getting really worried about a lack of character reveals this month. Makes me think this is it as far as a roster goes.

Every Smash game has had secret characters, a third of the roster won't be revealed when the game's released.
I don't understand these people freaking out saying this is all we get, especially only because we haven't had a character reveal in a month.

Last edited:
Remember, 3DS screenshots always look a million times better in motion on the system itself. Hell, the trailers they release to watch on the system don't do it justice either.

There was some guy on Reddit who was like "lol, who wants to buy that pixelated shit even." and it really made me mad.

3DS version looks alright, but I think I'll be fine with just the console release. Although I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS yet, so cost could be a factor too. Hopefully the Wii U will drop in price or get a Smash Bros bundle later this year :P

I'm getting the Wii U version for sure. And I don't mind the lack of revealed characters.

Game's gonna come out eventually and there's gonna be characters in it and it's gonna be a fun game, why complain about how much I know right now? Patience.

However, I am impatient for MK8. HURRY UP MAY LET'S GO ALREADY

However, I am impatient for MK8. HURRY UP MAY LET'S GO ALREADY

Nintendo's taking their time to implement Bebe's Kids, every fat asshole from Isle Defino and Sonic and all his shitty friends. Have some patience, they're game makers, not scientists!

Here's something actually interesting. Apparently, a few big gaming websites were given some screenshots that weren't shown before and one of them leaked out
tumblr_n2usvmGibF1r5efc0o1_1280.jpg

When Serebii went down someone found this. I have ever Smash Bros screenshot every saved to my harddrive, but I've never seen this. It's nothing huge, but it's something nonetheless.

Nintendo's taking their time to implement Bebe's Kids, every fat asshole from Isle Defino and Sonic and all his shitty friends. Have some patience, they're game makers, not scientists!
Well the date is final so it's not a matter of hurrying up anymore. They're likely finished and fixing up various bugs that may have occurred. I'm totally fine with that. I'm just sayin, May can't come fast enough :P

True. Kirby Triple Deluxe also. There's what, maybe 10 lines of "dialogue" in the game and a few menu translations?

How come it's taking so long?

I NEED MUH KIRBY FIX

True. Kirby Triple Deluxe also. There's what, maybe 10 lines of "dialogue" in the game and a few menu translations?

How come it's taking so long?

I NEED MUH KIRBY FIX

They need to design a new box art to make Kirby look even angrier.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Here's something actually interesting. Apparently, a few big gaming websites were given some screenshots that weren't shown before and one of them leaked out
tumblr_n2usvmGibF1r5efc0o1_1280.jpg

When Serebii went down someone found this. I have ever Smash Bros screenshot every saved to my harddrive, but I've never seen this. It's nothing huge, but it's something nonetheless.
Peach is so nice. :)