• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

My God,
the image of Ridley, like, calmly and respectfully applauding is too damn funny for me to take this "leak" seriously.

That's actually a really good Ridley.
But his wing is clipping through the Black Mark of P3
RIDLEY IS TOO BIG FOR LITTLE BABY PLAYER BOX

Reactions: Lavama
I thought you all might like this:
UpOf9FR.gif

From Nintendo's E3 afterparty.

Every time, every FUCKING time someone brings up Super Paper Mario there's this argument.

God damn.

I say wait until Tokyo Game Show. Nintendo is a Japanese company, remember.

Nintendo doesn't go to TGS.

and the new leaks begin

BewitchedThreadbareBasilisk.gif

Sakurai doesn't choose shitty designs to represent characters in Smash.

For those interested in making a Smash Bros figure set like I am, Figma is rereleasing both their Samus ($31) and Link ($36) figures later this year. No word on Pit or Dark Pit.

Also, coming later this year, "Marth"
Wonder-Festival-Summer-2013-Max-Factory-Figma-2-650x433.jpeg

As well as Link Between Worlds Link, Coredlia (non-posable statue) and posable Zero Suit Samus (as opposed to the statue one she already has)

Reactions: Hemijack
that's the idea isn't it? nyuck nyuck nyuck
ha ha ha ha
HA HA HA HA
HAAAA. HAAAAAAA. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Very funny.

nMuEOnP.gif

mention Other M again, I dare ya

Still, if Ridley was in the game he'd have to have a clapping animation anyway, so even if it's fake it looks fairly convincing to me.

Does look kinda crappy though.

THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE ONE'S IN OTHER M!
WHY DO YOU THINK THAT MAKES IT ANY BETTER?!

Are we seriously going on about the heels again? You do realize it could have been worse, right?

keeping ridley a secret until after the release would be amazing, tbh

To me it's not so much about the sexualization, it's about her design crossing a boundary between "hilariously over the top" and "stupidly over the top". I think that the beauty mark, enlarged bust, and rocket heels just look bad and don't fit the image I have of Samus' figure. Fusion Samus is more what I envision her looking like.

Also beyond being visually incoherent with the entire rest of the series up until that point I probably don't need to point out how contentious Other M is as a game or an installment within series canon. So part of it is bitterness.

still mad that they didn't keep fusion zero suit (or whatever that is) as the canon one

still championing having the Fusion ending samus as a zero suit alt
they can even have little touches like the no mole (because getting horribly deformed then reformed will remove little imperfections like that)

I think the opposite.

the beauty mark distinguishes her face from other blonde female characters and the ponytailed ones. I'm not even paying attention to her boobs because those are the last things I care about in terms of a character's design. and the heels look great with all that neon.

I honestly would be fine with Ridley being a secret character.
Because no one would believe you, then if you actually do it and it works and you unlock him, you'll completely lose your shit.

the beauty mark distinguishes her face from other blonde female characters and the ponytailed ones.
Eh, personally, I think that Samus's sharper and more realistic features distinguishes her facial profile of the others clearly enough. Not to mention the other ladies are, for the most part, pretty cartoonish. The only one that comes anywhere close enough is Sheik and you can't even see her face beyond the killing intent in her eyes.

I dunno, a beauty mark is kind of a poor attempt to distinguish the character from other prominent characters, since it's like the first thing you'd think to do... Bayonetta has one in very nearly the same place, I-No and a bunch of other fighting game characters have similar marks, I'm sure there are plenty of others. You're barely going to notice during gameplay so it's not really a big deal, but if anything it makes her look more generic. Was never a fan of the ponytail look either.

I honestly would be fine with Ridley being a secret character.
Because no one would believe you, then if you actually do it and it works and you unlock him, you'll completely lose your shit.

Actually, I really hope that there aren't any character reveals from now on until the 3DS release. Everybody will be so angry and indignant because of feelings of entitlement and a lack of information. Nintendo never confirms or denies Ridley or Chorus Men despite having teased them beforehand.

Then the game comes out and BAM.

Eh, personally, I think that Samus's sharper and more realistic features distinguishes her facial profile of the others clearly enough. Not to mention the other ladies are, for the most part, pretty cartoonish. The only one that comes anywhere close enough is Sheik and you can't even see her face beyond the killing intent in her eyes.
exactly.

so
yeah
she doesn't need the mole
when's fusion ending samus

the next Metroid is announced after months of underground hype, it's a sequel to Other M

Fusion and Prime are officially declared non-canon

I just don't even think the mole is a problem in the first place. it's just a fucking mole. pretend it has a hair if that makes you feel any better.

well assuming Fusion is still canon
she doesn't even have it anymore
so I take solace in that, personally

ZeRo apparently said tonight's pic is supposed to be pretty hype.

K then.

Because all of you are too late to complain about Samus being sexualized in the first place.
1397010386380.jpg

Space thong? A-okay
Heels? dat's a no-no.
tumblr_n3xvau6cNt1rssd6co1_r1_1280.jpg
Christ we've already been on this subject like 5 times.
Stop repeating the same arguments. They were stupid then, and they're stupid now.

well assuming Fusion is still canon
she doesn't even have it anymore
so I take solace in that, personally
Fusion is still canon, it's just the last Metroid game chronologically. And I love her fusion suit's design and wish Sakamoto had just made a continuation of the metroid series starting from Fusion instead of stealing plot elements and bosses from Fusion wholesale.

Because all of you are too late to complain about Samus being sexualized in the first place.
1397010386380.jpg
Know what I like about all these outfits (except maybe the first one). They make sense as something a person would wear underneath a giant climate controlled suit of power armor. Before the Power Suit became a BS hard light construct starting in Zero Mission, there was no need for the Zero suit and Samus was free to wear whatever the hell she wanted both in and out of combat. We're never going to see end game screens like these anymore unless Nintendo starts phasing out the Zero Suit in later iteration of the Metroid Franchise.
G5GzIAB.png

avc6k5L.png

OCJ8H58.png

Nintendo...look at this power suit and tell me we don't need a sequel where a Metroid DNA infused Samus takes the fight to some other galactic threat? This suit is too good to leave by the wayside.

People can say what they will about Samus in her skivvies at the end of the games. Until the Zero Suit came around it was never a problem for me.

I want to see a metroid game where samus just sticks it to the GF with AI Adam
i mean she IS a criminal as of the end of Fusion
tons of stuff you could do with that

I also wanna see a metroid game in which samus actually interacts with people in a social kind of way but I'm not sure we're ready for that
(part of me also wants a look into samus off the job, but that's a long shot too)

I would like to see Samus doing bounty hunting gigs in more populated areas. I know that Metroid is known for their motifs of isolationism and navigating environments alone, but I liked what Prime Hunters tried to do and feel like a first person Metroid game where you have optional side quests to hunt down bounties and haul them in to the GF would be awesome.

Also, was she a criminal at the end of Fusion? I remember her talking about there being a trial of sorts but it was kind of open ended as to whether or not they would throw the book at her.

well she uh
kind of shamelessly went against GF orders and destroyed one of their important workplaces (the metroid farm)
also accidentally put the kibosh on a lot of their plans like the Nightmare System and the Ridley cloning project