• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Huh, that's funny; didn't Project: M announce a Light Armor Alt. for Samus about a week or two ago?

samus.png
Huh... they did!

Also, 'MURICA Mario is my new main. I'll even deal with FLUDD for that alt.

The connection grows deeper

You're right.
Blue with white stars pattern has only ever been in Jojo's.
Jojo's came up with the concept on its own without reference to anything else.
And anytime I see blue with white stars, all I can ever think of is Jojo's.
Of course.
You fucking genius.

Huh, that's funny; didn't Project: M announce a Light Armor Alt. for Samus about a week or two ago?

samus.png
Huh... they did!
....yeah, I like the Smash Wii U version more. I'll give the PM modelers a pat on the back for making a more accurate(I think) alt, but the Smash 4/5 version just looks better.

You're right.
Blue with white stars pattern has only ever been in Jojo's.
Jojo's came up with the concept on its own without reference to anything else.
And anytime I see blue with white stars, all I can ever think of is Jojo's.
Of course.
You fucking genius.
Araki was the one who created the stars and stripes pattern.
he just let the other lady take all the credit because he's a swell guy like that.

Araki was the one who created the stars and stripes pattern.
he just let the other lady take all the credit because he's a swell guy like that.

I knew it.
The Japs have been in our governmental system all along, it's a CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU.

mango or mewtwo king get to win nintendo money then..neat

Well, this one is open to the public, and since it's on 3DS chances are a lot of the GameCube skill will NOT transfer over.

So I'm gonna say they aren't gonna win. Heck, they may not enter.

Nah some smash pros will enter and win if it is open to the public. Like not all melee or brawl skills will transfer but higher level ideas of spacing and knowledge of the game in its current state are completely fair game and actively being shared amongst pros and people who've played the smash demos.

Smash fundamentals are smash fundamentals. Unless they randomly get killed by items.

missing like 3 supposed characters and many many veterans inbetween now and like..3 months 10 days

missing like 3 supposed characters and many many veterans inbetween now and like..3 months 10 days

They've said that any veterans from melee and back will be sticking around. Maybe that means they aren't revealing them until release. Also, did you know that Jigglypuff was part of the original smash bros crew? She's such an important Nintendo character!

Smash fundamentals are smash fundamentals. Unless they randomly get killed by items.
This is the real issue, actually. If it's FFA with items on or something else heavily affected by luck then there's a pretty good chance one of the other bajillion randoms joining in will win just because of their overwhelming numbers.

They've said that any veterans from melee and back will be sticking around. Maybe that means they aren't revealing them until release. Also, did you know that Jigglypuff was part of the original smash bros crew? She's such an important Nintendo character!
...I feel like there's some sarcasm here that I'm not getting.

...I feel like there's some sarcasm here that I'm not getting.

Well Pikachu is the pokemon mascot. He even has his own TV show and game (yellow). But Jigglypuff? Why not... Squirtle? Squirtle would have been a legit N64 character.

Well Pikachu is the pokemon mascot. He even has his own TV show and game (yellow). But Jigglypuff? Why not... Squirtle? Squirtle would have been a legit N64 character.

Jigglypuff's pretty popular in Japan,
she also had a major role in that show.
And she was pretty easy to implement in mash 64 since they could reuse Kirby's model.

I still do think that like betting against Mewtwoking in any smash game is a misguided decision items or no.

Jigglypuff's pretty popular in Japan,
she also had a major role in that show.
And she was pretty easy to implement in mash 64 since they could reuse Kirby's model.
Ah of course. The reskins. Gotta love 'em. Actually it's rather genius now I think about it, seeing as how the pokemon franchise is so popular and adding jiggly was easy.

I never noticed how Villager makes a Sonic-style 'whop' sound effect when he jumps...

That's kinda annoying.

Last edited:
Woowww Samus survives at absurd % on battlefield.

surviving a hit at 160% is pretty nuts.

Well, Sakurai did say she was voted the best character, that might be one of the big reasons she's top tier.

Well, Sakurai did say she was voted the best character, that might be one of the big reasons she's top tier.
Nah, it's an engine thing, everyone is surviving to pretty absurd %.

Samus has always been pretty survivable though and has the recovery options to make it back from anywhere if she isn't blown off screen. She looks far too slow in this iteration to be up to par with her Melee form. Looks more like her Brawl form.

"Pic of the day. Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear."
zlCfzSJro0AoG40RNh.jpg

FUCKIN MAPPY :D though just a taunt :/

Taiko no Tatsujin localizations confirmed

uh where the FUCK is Klonoa?

Aw damn, I thought those were going to be extensions of his neutral B move. A little disappointing but still cool.

zlCfzSJro70Pe2IkCm

"See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent."

Wooh, We got some Tamagotchi love in here!
I think that is the japanese drum arcade game they are referencing, not tomagatchi, unless they are both called that

but its after evo. clearly its a rythm heavan thing.

Since this will more than likely be an EVO thing, they need to show the most important newcomer to the fighting game community: Captain Falcon's Knee.
Now I really want to see one of those fake character reveal screens for just his knee. Someone please do this.

Reactions: Smilax
"Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."

PleasebeShulkorK.Rool. PleasebeShulkorK.Rool. PleasebeShulkorK.Rool. PleasebeShulkorK.Rool.