• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Nice to see that gematsu got shit all over it
bring on Takamaru

There's still a chance for Shulk, I think, since Xenoblade's developers keep retweeting those Smash Bros things.
There's still a lot of evidence pointing towards him.
As WELL as Chorus Kids.

Gematsu just isn't the gospel anymore.
Thankfully.

Site updated: Captain Falcon, Lucina, and both Robins are shown.

Maybe if it would load again that is...

So basically, Chrom is not a playable character?

and smashboards is down too heh.

I hope Falcon doesn't end up like Game and Watch where he was just a special guest in the trailer and nothing more.

Pretty sure they're both just gonna be unlockable characters in this game, like they've been in every other game. Sakurai just put Falcon in this to shut up people asking WHERE'S FALCON despite him obviously being in the game.

Oh, and they're idiots for not showing this at EVO.

Reactions: Smilax
Chrom is apparently Lucina's Final Smash.

Yep, Gematsu might not be dead, but it's crippled.

*Robin's

YOU GET AN OFFICIAL RENDER! AND YOU GET AN OFFICIAL RENDER! YOU ALL GET OFFICIAL RENDERS!
main.png
main.png
main.png

Maybe Lucina is a clone of Marth? I dunno im confused

It's looking that way.
I was hoping we were done with clone newcomers but apparently not.

This just goes to show you people.
If you think you can read Sakurai, he'll throw you off so hard with something so awesome your head will fucking spin.
eh 80% was still nothing to throw aside even if we are to get all hindsight-ey and junk.

More characters certainly isn't a bad thing tho.

Lucina isn't listed as a newcomer on the Smash site, but she is listed as her own character. This leads me to believe she will be a clone of Marth but take up a slot on the character selection like Roy.

<cough>Toon Link</cough>

<cough>I said newcomers for a reason, Toon Link is a veteran so it'd make sense that he'd get in without changing his playstyle too much</cough>

Lucina isn't listed as a newcomer on the Smash site, but she is listed as her own character. This leads me to believe she will be a clone of Marth but take up a slot on the character selection like Roy.

Edit: Fuck.

ANYWAY she is listed as a newcomer on her character page for some ungodly reason.

Also, Captain Falcon is on the Smash site so I guess he's completely confirmed unlike G&W. Not sure why he didn't get his own splash screen to avoid any confusion though.

Though, this also rather makes me worry, because the Gematsu leak said we'd have DLC, or they were considering it, at least.

I dunno, the Gematsu leak might have some degree of legitness, at least, because every character until Chrom was pretty spot-on. We have to remember a lot of the info "leaked" was old, so a change could've occured during development.

Though on the bright side, if the Gematsu leak is completely dead, this gives hope to some of you Lucas fans out there.

I dunno, the Gematsu leak might have some degree of legitness, at least, because every character until Chrom was pretty spot-on. We have to remember a lot of the info "leaked" was old, so a change could've occured during development.

I feel like the most they would have changed is the order in which they reveal characters. They probably would have had a concrete idea for a full roster by the time the game was in development.

Though, this also rather makes me worry, because the Gematsu leak said we'd have DLC, or they were considering it, at least.

Though on the bright side, if the Gematsu leak is completely dead, this gives hope to some of you Lucas fans out there.

It is worth pointing out that Chrom has his own model, so it's not out of the question that he was being worked on.
This may just be another A pokemon from X and Y situation.

zlCfzSKleV4aEoPypm

"Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play."

zlCfzSKlfTYXkGRx25

"And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?"

Oh wow, the F-Zero burn!

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
As an example pokemon leaks that were right in the last run had a bit of information that never materialized..Paul gale playstation allstars had lightning and final fantasy characters that never happened..and the original first mvc3 leak though wrong it did hit most of the roster with the addition of elektra and another character that never happened.

I think we can say that it's doa at this point..but we should at least keep it in mind going into august's nintendo direct.

Yeah, as said, the leaker was apparently going by "outdated" information.
You also have to remember he never called out Rosalina, yet we got her.

So, like I said, Gematsu leaks' not completely out of the game, just took a wound.

because smash has secretly always been tekken.