• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

UMMMMMMM, RAYMAN WHAT'S GOING ON MAN, HAVENT SEEN YOU IN 3D SINCE RAVING RABBIDS

The wording in the Miiverse pic is weird, too. Instead of being all "Here's Rayman as a trophy, Happy Bastille Day from us and Ubisoft!", it's like "Here's what happend when we asked Ubisoft to do Rayman's trophy art themselves."

UMMMMMM

Last edited:
The only problem I have with the trophy is that the expression looks really off

Maybe

Maybe it really is Rayman

Maybe I don't have to have another dream crushed

Reactions: juju_for_president
And just think, if he was added, Sakurai would have SO MUCH to chose from for a Rayman stage. Even more to chose from for MUSIC!

You're forgetting the best one.

While i was looking for Smash 4 music I found this and wow

Whens Falco

Reactions: Rellek
I don't think he's playable

Why would they need to supply a 3D model for the trophy if he would have one to be playable to begin with?

I think we might be getting some "third party greatest hits" trophies. So yeah, Travis Touchdown, Bayonetta 2, Bravely Default, etc etc could all be represented in trophy form

I can't see them not putting in a Monster Hunter trophy too, cause that game made Nintendo so much in Japan. It's their Call of Duty, except played more and is actually good.

Well aren't you just a downer.

Time to hype myself up by watching all the other newcomer trailers to pass the time. Ooh, I can't wait!

Well aren't you just a downer.

Not being a downer. I've just never been a fan of Rayman. He'd be the most "eh" addition to the cast, especially with how Ubisoft basically said "fuck Nintendo" recently when it was revealed that no one bought Assassin's Creed 4 on the system.

If anything, I did have a dream last night that had Snake and Rayman make an appearance in the Smash Trailer (I stayed up to see the PotD) and them joining an already fighting Mario, Pikachu, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man, and it zoomed out and had the title "This is Gaming" which made me have a single tear in my sleep.

So I'm not totally, 100% against him, I'm just not on board fully.

T-Minus 20 minutes until it's Reyn Shulk time!

I…
I wasn't expecting that.

First off, I'd like to apologize to everyone I made fun of mentally for thinking Captain Falcon would be revealed today.
And now I'd like to lament over the loss of the Gematsu leak, and my Chorus Men.

Kinda sad about Gematsu being dead, I would've welcomed the Chorus Men and Shulk with open arms.

But hey, we still got that Sneaky Specter in Smash Run, maybe there's still hope for them both?

The video just stopped working for me as soon as Robin appeared and I'm just crying.

Well, you already saw Captain Falcon, and that's what was most important.

It looks like Chrom is just Robin's Final Smash.

ALSO, ROBIN AND LUCINA! LITERALLY EVERYONE BUT CHROM! TWO NEWCOMERS, BOTH FROM FIRE EMBLEM! 4 FE CHARACTERS! FALCON'S BACK! CHROM LAMPSHADED THE HELL OUT OF GETTING SHAFTED! OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! GEMATSU GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!!! I WAS RIGHT THAT IT WAS FAKE!

I'm still pretty sure Shulk is in the game, because well why the fuck would he not be, but Chorus Men not so much.

Totally okay with gematsu maybe not being a thing.

I'm still pretty sure Shulk is in the game, because well why the fuck would he not be, but Chorus Men not so much.
Well, Chorus Men still have that one enemy from Smash Run going for them. Although there is the possibility that the full version is going to have many characters from franchises that aren't represented, and the rarity of the character was there as an easter egg.

I hope Falcon doesn't end up like Game and Watch where he was just a special guest in the trailer and nothing more.

Nah, the showed his in-game model.
We're good.

I dunno about you but Robin's not a good name for the unit.

I like Romero more.