• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

i just saw this and thought of this
Super-Smash-Bros.jpg

"Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball."
zlCfzSRICv0mhm5u8Z.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Do you think attack refers to percentage only, and launch power refers to only making it easier to send opponents flying at lower percentages?

That's exactly right. I remember trying out the differences with my stickers in SSE; Attack is the hard-number damage buff per hit landed, and added launch power sends you flying farther for the same damage.

Bacon Luigi?

Oh yeah

Nah, that's not what's wrong here.
What's wrong here is that they're using the GC controller to play Street Fighter.
The GC controller works for platformers and Smash Bros., it's gotta suck trying to play a six button fighter on that.

It just occurred to me that every Fire Emblem character speaks English except Marth in this so far (he had reused Brawl clips at the E3 demo).

Like, that's just... weird. Especially considering his literal clone and descendent speaks English. Here's hoping they dub him cause of Shadow Dragon.

Yeah, Marth is probably gonna keep JP-only VO to keep up the quirk of his game being Japan-only for so long, and for his voice being JP only getting grandfather-clause'd in by now.

Aren't Marth's Brawl voice clips reused from Melee as well? I would think that would be a better argument for some new lines.

I'm fine with him being in Japanese though. It's strangely a unique trait he has going for him.

Yeah, Marth is probably gonna keep JP-only VO to keep up the quirk of his game being Japan-only for so long, and for his voice being JP only getting grandfather-clause'd in by now.

I wish they would stop doing that. I'm sure Spike Spencer would like to do Marth again and it's not like Nintendo can't hire him. They can sure get him for other Fire Emblem roles, that's for sure.

Reactions: Calypsx
Spike Spencer is Excellus in FE:A
clearly Marth needs to sound EXACTLY like that in Smash

Considering how Marth originally looked, wouldn't be all that unfitting.

zlCfzSRca1kyyVPZbA

"Pic of the day. Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief."

zlCfzSRcbMAX8ULwuf

"Here's something new--the trophy shop. If you're having a hard time getting certain trophies, why not just buy them? They sometimes go on sale, too."

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, WE CAN JUST UP AND BUY THE TROPHIES STRAIGHT UP!

THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE OF THE WEEK.
I love how the Trophies are displayed like KI:U (Which I just beat), pretty neat.
AND TROPHY STORE HOLY SHIT.
Having trouble getting that one trophy? Fuck it, just buy the fucker!

I like the little touch they gave by making the trophies apparently bare it's corresponding series' crest on the bios; You can see the bottom screen on Dr. Wily's trophy use the Mega Man crest as stationary.

That's another thing from Kid Icarus Uprising
Each trophy has a mark at the bottom and in the upper right screen, a symbol of their army affiliation, what item it is, and stuff like that.

Who the hell is this. Looks like a Star Fox character.

XIHpsaH.png

Looks like a dork.

Worst trophy roster ever, canceling pre-order and suing Sakurai's cat.

That's Andrew from Star Fox 64, I think.
Andross' Nephew I think?
Yep it's Andrew Oikonny from the model is from Assault, the first boss and the least notable as it's just a Andross rip of fight.

Why must we wait another two months for this? I need it now!

Have you even seen the Fire Emblem OVA? He basically has his Shinji voice.

you saw what happened with brawl. delayed like 10 times. people are afraid if it'll be like brawl and hoping it'll be like melee. if this gets delayed to 2015 i might just cry.

tumblr_mklhji1aa81rgam01o1_1280.png

I don't think the 3DS version will get delayed cause no Subspace Emmisary. I'm sure Smash Run is done and so it's just tweaks. Wii U, we have to see.

Also, Shinji!Marth (Mars) is terrible and I hate it but I'll take it over Japanese Marth any day.

That's a great page, good timing because as said, finished KI:U yesterday, ahhaha.
Still can't believe we gotta wait 2 months.
And Japan gets it next month.

I also don't think the Wii U version is going to be delayed, they're clearly almost done, and it'd be TERRIBLE if the Wii U version wasn't out for the Holidays.

So, if I were to use the English names <read: the names she calls out in her trailer because i'm too lazy to wiki search them :P> of the attacks, her moveset would be as follows:

Neutral Special:
  1. Auto Reticle
  2. Explosive Flame
  3. Heavenly Light
Side Special:
  1. Reflect
  2. Super Speed
  3. Angelic Missile
Up Special:
  1. Warp
  2. Jump Glide
  3. Rocket Jump
Down Special
  1. Counter
  2. Lightweight
  3. Celestial Fireworks
Which would leave her default loadout with Auto Reticle, Reflect, Warp, Counter

I didn't expect Fireworks to be a Down Spec, or for Reflect to be a Side Spec. Lightweight as a Down Spec is very interesting too, must be another command buff like WFT's Deep Breathing.

Last edited: