• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure he called the people who believed the DLC retards, so he would also be an asshole.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Sakurai will make Shulk, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog DLC as punishment for the leaks, while IC, Lucas, and Wolf will be on the main roster.

I would actually love this

I doubt a lot of this leak, but not all of it.
Like the video, that just has to be true, at the very least the Bowser Jr. part, but Shulk's looking accurate as well.
The pictures, I'm a bit skeptical but they look real enough and coincide with the videos so they're a solid maybe...
Text posts, nu-uh. Until I see video or at least some pictures or something, those're just out.

I'm also a bit doubtful of the Trophy pictures now, because the trophy number said: 586/646
There is no way I can believe the leaker got that many trophies, and even if you say they were all unlocked for ESRB viewing, that's still really weird

You also need to remember, he also said that there would be DLC characters, which included Ice Climbers, and he also went back on that and said he was fucking with them
That was from a different person, AFAIK. The Original leaker and the DLC leaker are different people.

Also to the people who think the leaker is being an asshole, it's 4chan, insults aren't supposed to be taken offense to. You guys have obviously never been to /v/.

Reactions: Rellek
I doubt a lot of this leak, but not all of it.
Like the video, that just has to be true, at the very least the Bowser Jr. part, but Shulk's looking accurate as well.
The pictures, I'm a bit skeptical but they look real enough and coincide with the videos so they're a solid maybe...
Text posts, nu-uh. Until I see video or at least some pictures or something, those're just out.

Shulk and Bowser Jr. are definitely real, that's hardly up to debate.

Sakurai would put in Dark Pit as a playable clone, considering the ridiculous amount of representation KI:U is getting this time around. Dark Pit, and by extension Dr. Mario, are probably real.

Duck Hunt Dog has nothing but one weird looking render. Then again, I thought Wario and Shulk's renders were poor too, and they turned out to be real so what do I know. He could still be fake, but in retrospect would make sense as the out-of-left field retro character.

The "DLC" characters are iffy. The only one I'm absolutely sure is gone is Snake. They're not gonna hold back a guest character announcement this late, these kind of things have to be widely advertised. Snake not showing up at E3 this year was confirmation enough for me that he's gone.

excusing someone for being an asshole because everyone else is an asshole isn't really valid

it just means that everyone is an asshole because they can get away with it

I'm honestly not too sure about Dark Pit, I do think KI:U would get a third (or fourth, but that's nuts) rep, but why him?
It could've just as easily been Hades.
But eh who knows

hades would have been cool
Medusa would have been cooler (Smash's first female villain!)

I'm honestly not too sure about Dark Pit, I do think KI:U would get a third (or fourth, but that's nuts) rep, but why him?
It could've just as easily been Hades.
But eh who knows

No, it couldn't have. If Dark Pit is in it's because the dev team realized that they could only make so many characters within their time restrictions, but would still have a little time leftover after the final character was done (but not enough for another full character). Then they looked at clone options to fill the remaining dev time and Dark Pit was probably one of the first suggestions by Sakurai. Making Dark Pit a clone takes only a fraction (or according to Sakurai, a 6th) of the time it would take to make Hades a character. I highly doubt Hades was even considered after they decided for Palutena to be a newcomer.

Still hoping for Hades as DLC or Smash 5, dammit.
Also even if we get a few more clones, does it matter?
Like...
3 clones?
Out of...fifty?
That's less than 5% of the roster isn't it?

Medusa 4 Smash 5

Not even Uprising Medusa

Giant Wall Face Medusa

Still hoping for Hades as DLC or Smash 5, dammit.
Also even if we get a few more clones, does it matter?
Like...
3 clones?
Out of...fifty?
That's less than 5% of the roster isn't it?

My problem is not with the clones themselves. It's that the dev time could be better used elsewhere. Why not update an existing clone's moveset? Ganondorf is the obvious one, but giving Toon Link or Falco a few new moves would be great too. I'll assume whatever time it took to make Lucina+Dark Pit+Dr. Mario was not enough to add in a new veteran, but I'm sure they could have found something else to tinker with. It's not like the roster needed the padding, it's around 50 characters either way.

Don't forget customizable moves, I don't think those are exempt...
I'm hoping that Ganondorf still has shades of Captain Falcon, but whips out the sword for some attacks.
We only saw his Up B in that video.

Don't forget customizable moves, I don't think those are exempt...
I'm hoping that Ganondorf still has shades of Captain Falcon, but whips out the sword for some attacks.
We only saw his Up B in that video.

We saw more than just his up b. It was all falcon moves.

Well I guess the only thing we can do is make Rochelle Miis and wait for the game to release, huh?

More possible leak stuffs. Gonna spoil this one in case it's real for pro-spoiler-tag people
http://imgur.com/a/4cgoP
-Wolf and Impa in the vs mode stats
-Trophies of Bandana Dee, Starlow and Mario!Roy

Ok now I know they've gotta be fucking with us, or Smashboards at the very least.
Bandanna Dee is a HUGE request over there.

Also, how would the Leaker still be doing this? Nintendo must've tracked him down by now

Someone come tag me when this all over. I need to play some Crash Team Racing after spoiling myself...

It never fucking ends does it. Wolf looks great but that Impa makes me want to vomit.

That is so obviously fake. It's just Wolf's Command render made extra dark.

Well shit. I was hoping it'd be real. :U

excusing someone for being an asshole because everyone else is an asshole isn't really valid

it just means that everyone is an asshole because they can get away with it
That's the whole point of /v/, its anonymity, no one there takes each other seriously lol.
Lighten up.

It never fucking ends does it. Wolf looks great but that Impa makes me want to vomit.
HER EYES.

Reactions: Rellek
They are pretty common, I remember seeing a new one everyday for a month. Thankfully the roster and video leak dulled them for awhile.

WEEK OF 3DS MENUS.... RIVETING.

zlCfzSYAKt4bdX9TN-

"Pic of the day. Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run."

Reactions: Hemijack
Menu week!

Smash Direct/newcomer trailer announcement tomorrow please

WEEK OF 3DS MENUS.... RIVETING.

"Pic of the day. Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run."
No respawn invincibility? Interesting. I wonder what improved attack in a crisis means. Could it be like Lucario's aura mechanic?

Also what's with that goofy 300 symbol in the powers section?

This week shall go down in history as the week of the blandest pics of the day.

It is funny.
Because all this time some guy has done the unthinkable, has leaked the roster of Nintendo's biggest seller of the year, maybe for several years, has been tracked down by Nintendo, sued, fired, and probably killed.
And Sakurai's still just like, "Do you guys like menus?"

So there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow in Japan

It's Japan only so far, but it seems first party related. Judging by it being only over there, I won't get hopes up unless Sakurai posts about it.

If there was anything Smash-relevant, I imagine Sakurai would've said something about it in this last POTD, since he usually posts about Directs the day just before.

If there was anything Smash-relevant, I imagine Sakurai would've said something about it in this last POTD, since he usually posts about Directs the day just before.

It's at 7 in the morning my time tomorrow - meaning 5-6 hours after tomorrow's pic of the day.

He'd post it on that ones, not todays.

Oh, so it's a Saturday Direct? Have they ever done a Direct on a weekend?

EDIT: Wait, that's Friday, whoops. Apparently I time-traveled for a day.

Last edited:
It's a 3DS-centered direct and Japan only, so I wouldn't expect a newcomer here (those are for international directs). What will be shown is upcoming 3DS releases in Japan--so maybe a bit on Smash bros 3DS but again nothing big (of course I'd love to be proven wrong). Also maybe look out for ORAS and I'm guessing the first trailer for Bravely Second. Considering it's Japan only don't expect too many big announcements.