• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Shulk looks... dulk...

...FUCK.

Anyway he looks like a Shulk. A Shulk we all expected, a Shulk some of us are hyped for while some of us aren't. I'm more hyped for his stage if anything. Looks pretty.

Why does Shulk sound British for?

OI BRUV

ITZ CAUSE HE WAS BORN A CHAV YES HE WAS

RIGHT LAD CHAV M8

PIP POP CHEERIO BOB'S YOUR UNCLE SPOT A TEA CRUMPET GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND ALL THAT MALARCHY EH WOT

I think I went through like five accents

Why does Shulk sound British for?

Xenoblade was localized to Europe first, and when it came over to the US they didn't change the VA's. I don't mind though, I love British accents.

OI BRUV

ITZ CAUSE HE WAS BORN A CHAV YES HE WAS

RIGHT LAD CHAV M8

PIP POP CHEERIO BOB'S YOUR UNCLE SPOT A TEA CRUMPET GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND ALL THAT MALARCHY EH WOT
OI YOU BLOODY WANKAH. 'OW 'BOOT THEM SMASH AND CRASH BRETHREN I DO SAY.

OI! I'LL BUT BOTH YA GOBS IN! I SWEAR ON MUH MUM!

Oh my God, guys, stop.

Alright, real question time:

What will Kirby's Copy Ability for Shulk do? I mean, I'm pretty sure the Monado Change is his NSpec. Would it buff Kirby? Or would it just instead use his Side-B?

What will Kirby's Copy Ability for Shulk do? I mean, I'm pretty sure the Monado Change is his NSpec. Would it buff Kirby? Or would it just instead use his Side-B?
Perhaps it's be like Wario and King Dedede's and just do what their NSpec do. Which would mean Kirby gets buffed as well.

Or something.

It might be like Olimar and he just goes with the down special, or possibly the side special.

It might be like Olimar and he just goes with the down special, or possibly the side special.
You mean both the Normal B and Side B, right? Down B is whistle.

You mean both the Normal B and Side B, right? Down B is whistle.
Oh yeah, you're right. But the other specials are still possibilities.

Reactions: Lavama
I Googled enough for me to see what he is, but that's about it. I'm avoiding spoilers until I can play Xenoblade.

I saw the pic and yeah, I still wanna PUNCH HIM AS LITTLE MAC
Understand why I want Ridley as a playable character/damageable Boss?

Because I too wanna PUNCH HIM AS LITTLE MAC

Little Mac should be a playable character in the next Marvel vs Capcom so he can punch out dark gods of destruction and chaos by PUNCHING THEM.

Little Mac should be a playable character in the next Marvel vs Capcom so he can punch out dark gods of destruction and chaos by PUNCHING THEM.
But then he'd get your blood on his fist...

tumblr_nb3jjki3y01ro92j7o1_500.png

f71.jpg

Also I saw someone suggest that the Duck Hunt Dog could play as if Banjo from the Banjo Kazooie games got in. That would be interesting, but I can't help but thinking of that dog running around smacking people with ducks as if it was a rubber chicken.

Thoughts?

Can somebody link that Ridley trailer spoof where he gets shot down like a Duck again? I can't find it, and trying to search for it yields nothing but fake leaks and speculation vids.

Edit: Nvm, found it.

Last edited:

You have no idea how much i wanna hear Kirby say "BACK SLASH"

I'm almost certain that his mode swap is down B. that seems like a down B type move.

I beg to differ, though we will see soon enough.

Neutral B: Monado Arts
Side B: Back Slash
Down B: Counter
Up B: Air Slash

Calling it now

watch it be his Side Spec you'll both look silly
I look silly no matter what I say. I don't give a damn.

Kirby with Shulk anime hair.

Kirby with any anime hair.

Kirby's had Marth's hair for 2 previous games at this point... why are we surprised?

Kirby with Shulk anime hair.

Kirby with any anime hair.
Kirby can take anime hair

But can he take...BRITISH ANIME HAIR!?

If Ridley is somehow in the game, I hope his trailer shows Samus exploring some ship, getting attacked by a creature, then just as it's about to hit her Anthony Higgs drops in, takes it out, says "Remember Me?", and a splash screen pops out without any text for just a moment followed by Ridley interrupting and throwing Anthony into a pit. Would be literally the best trailer for any game ever.

Meanwhile on Miiverse...
E1SQEsF.jpg

"Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs?"

"I'm really feeling it!"

You know

Looking at prices and stuff, it might be cheaper for me to buy a New 3DS and Xenoblade for that instead of buying a used copy of the original.

It's AT LEAST $99 WITHOUT SHIPPING. I mean HOLY SHIT.

You know

Looking at prices and stuff, it might be cheaper for me to buy a New 3DS and Xenoblade for that instead of buying a used copy of the original.

I got it for $40 at Gamestop last Black Friday. Before then it was only like $60.

You know

I'm still Ehhh if I want to play Xenoblade or not