• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

This thigs supposed to be 8 hours right?
That means there's a solid 5 hours of Smash, Jesus.

Crap! I got class during that time. :(

Good thing my teachers allow me to use my Ipad in class. Smashing while everyone else is bored during lectures, thank you terrible writing skills

I'm gonna be in a programming class for the first 45 minutes of the Smash stream.
So I'll definitely have a computer on me, I'll try to listen to what's going on.

*TheMightyBox turns on his computer*

*puts in a single earbud*

duck-hunt.gif

As impressive as that is, it really wasn't all one combo since Mario's Air-Up had long enough recovery for Mega Man to use Rush Coil. Still a good vid, though.

As impressive as that is, it really wasn't all one combo since Mario's Air-Up had long enough recovery for Mega Man to use Rush Coil. Still a good vid, though.
Megaman being able to use rush coil at that moment is a glitch actually, as stated earlier.

That isn't specific to Mario's dthrow or anything. Any attack with hitstun that doesn't send your character into a tumble animation seems to be cancelable by rush coil. This does not happen with any other character's upb.

Essentially this lets megaman escape most low percent combos and just about every multihit move in the game.

They still tend to call those combos in Smash.

There are almost no guaranteed strings, so making reads during a combo is all part of it and makes "0 to deaths" all the more impressive.

- So Mario has a Waluigi palette? Like, the one he had in The Thousand Year Door?
- DOES MARTH HAVE A ROY PALETTE? ROY?!
- If Pit can have a Dark Pit palette, I'm still not convinced that Wolf has been cut from the roster.

- So Mario has a Waluigi palette? Like, the one he had in The Thousand Year Door?
- DOES MARTH HAVE A ROY PALETTE? ROY?!
- If Pit can have a Dark Pit palette, I'm still not convinced that Wolf has been cut from the roster.
That's not Dark Pit, that's a dark-colored Pit costume.

Dark Pit, even the original Brawl palette swap version, is quite different.

10669353_712989952102214_1590170263578822305_o.jpg

Okay, I'm shying away from leaks now until this stream. Chorus Men time.

Or....we can make a spoiler-free thread so no one has to slow down the news by spoilering everything and people who want to see spoilers dont have to click 50 spoiler tags every page...

It would be soooo much more convenient to do that.

I'm on smashboard for most my leak info so It wont affect me either way

We already take up enough room on this Skullgirls forum as is, let's not take up more.

No but just SSB4 pole dancing parties. Literally an evolved version of Brawl Taunt Parties.

Someone on GAF claims to have the game, and that leaks will start soon (meaning by tomorrow morning, not within the next few minutes/hours).

If you're wondering why I would ever believe this is legit:
1. It's already thursday in Japan. Stores HAVE to have the shipments by now.
2. On GAF if you make an insider claim and don't have proof or can't back it up, you are banned.
3. I think this guy also got an early copy of Brawl.

204.gif

NOW LOADING

Haha, that would be great to spite the sword whiners. Poor Robin gets left out from his FE brethren though.

there's a few reason why I want to play palutena but that is a strong reason why I do not want to play palutena

I mean, you don't have to use it.
She's got two other non-pole dancing taunts.
And just think, if you do play her, you're actually limiting the number of Palutena players that use the taunt, proportionally.

Leaks ahoy!

juK7cQT.jpg
1410319807037.jpg

NO SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED

Why? It took Brawl two days to get everyone and that was "quick and easy" with SSE.

I'll pass for now. I'll sleep. Feel free to post if anything amazing comes up, it's easier to check here then /r/SmashBros and their "is this game competitive yet"

>Things we already knew.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

I didn't realize you had access to the game cartridge, box, and manual? Please do share.

We should be seeing the first unlockable character soon, hopefully people know to just play classic once to unlock a character immediately.

Ohohohoooo boy, good thing I don't need to sleep for a few more hours.

I didn't realize you had access to the game cartridge, box, and manual? Please do share.

We should be seeing the first unlockable character soon, hopefully people know to just play classic once to unlock a character immediately.

The box and manual don't tell us anything that we don't already know, though. It's all just cover art and basic controls.

Is there a special mode? Cause if so that actually may be one of the easier ways to unlock characters.

Once I was going to hold a Brawl tourney at my house, but all the game info erased for some reason. I could've probably just played through SSE, but instead I went to special mode on Stamina, gave all opponents 10%, with that flower thing and a couple other effects. I think it took a day, but I got all the characters by number of matches in time for the tourney.

No one showed up.

Like, I'm expecting Jigglypuff tonight, and that's about it.

Cause Classic Mode is how you've always got Jiggs.

Not in Brawl, you had to go through a bunch of hoops and hurdles to get her

If its anything like unlocking shit in Brawl were gonna know everything before the week is over.

Getting Jiggs has never been a hurdle, its always been just beating Classic/1-P mode once.

If its anything like unlocking shit in Brawl were gonna know everything before the week is over.
Well there's no story mode so maybe not quite as quickly?

Oh who am I kidding we're going to know about everything in a matter of days.