• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

J4q1QBh.jpg

SURPRISE SURPRISE

I really hope our designated unlock criteria guy is already complying a list without saying who unlocks what.

Is this supposed to be me? lol

I'm going to bed soon, I have class in the morning. And once I go to bed I'll probably duck outta this thread till the treehouse stream just incase they have one last surprise for us.

Well, that, and really there's only been one method shown off so far.

J4q1QBh.jpg
Oh man, it's got the subtitle splash for unlocking characters
Time for "Character joins the battle!" jokes for every secret character

There's a fake Ridley unlock picture circulating, and people seem to be reacting quite strongly over it, so I'll save you guys the stress and say don't believe any pics not posted by the people who have been posting for the last few hours unless you have a source.

poor kid lost to Ness twice :-(

PINK STAGE CONFIRMED NESS'S HOME STAGE, PROBABLY MAGICANT

PINK STAGE CONFIRMED NESS'S HOME STAGE, PROBABLY MAGICANT
Probably the Magicant from Mother 1 then, that's the only one I remember being that pink.

Mii Fighters are not unlocks, and appear on the CSS once you actually make a Mii. Mystery solved.

Squirtle is a trophy

Stripper Pole taunt is not as bad as it looks in motion, it happens very quickly and Palutena giggles a bit

Also, Pictochat 2 is batshit insane to the point of looking like a pain to play on. And it has Dr. Mario Music.

2ub1ZrJ.png
Unlock Method: Beat Classic once

MAGICANT CONFIRMED, OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL, OH MY GOD THE MUSIC. Also I think Ness's unlock method might be Beat Classic twice? Or beat it on a certain difficulty

SNES F-ZERO STAGE WITH RETRO GRAPHICS HOLY SHIT

Last edited:
Also, Pictochat 2 is batshit insane to the point of looking like a pain to play on. And it has Dr. Mario Music.
Well, that's not surprising, Brawl's Pictochat had Dr. Mario music, too.

Guys, you should just put everything into one big spoiler tag once the stream ends.
It'll clear up some soon to be clutter.

The sheer amount of spoiler tags here brings a smile to my face.
Such self-control

Also guys heads up, on the Treehouse Stream, you won't have to use spoiler tags for anything shown there since that's technically official stuff

Reactions: Lavama
Is it because nobody wants another Cyanide incident of no self control?

No because some of us still wanna be surprised and junk
That too.
I don't know how you still haven't spoiled yourself rotten.

UDSHsYm.png

That too.
I don't know how you still haven't spoiled yourself rotten.
Self-control and not wanting to have every character spelled out for us this time?
Both Melee and Brawl's roster was spoiled for me, this time, this time I want to surprise myself.

Reactions: Electric meteor
Self-control and not wanting to have every character spelled out for us this time?
Both Melee and Brawl's roster was spoiled for me, this time, this time I want to surprise myself.
I guess that's why your title is "Unwavering Hype".

fist-pump.gif
Man, I feel it.

Reactions: Lavama
Well I can tell one of Master Hand's attacks is getting censored overseas.

Well I can tell one of Master Hand's attacks is getting censored overseas.
Why is that?

0oZBucq.png

Edit: Everything has been getting unlocked in Classic so far.

Well, looks like he does have the Dark Pitt staff

By the way there's a PotD about Alph up now but I don't think anyone gives a shit anymore.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
In non-spoiler news:

zlCfzSbbJC0DrBTCPR

"Pic of the day. The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either."

zlCfzSbbJKE5PlWw__

"They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character-selection screen. See? It says Alph."

Because it looks like he's flipping the bird in one of them.
I must've missed it, my wifi was pretty spotty a few minutes ago