• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Holy Wow Ridley's model looks super cool! Thanks for posting it here; I didn't see it yet.

I wonder if you'll click this Jutsei #Kappa

Reactions: Lavama
Holy Wow Ridley's model looks super cool! Thanks for posting it here; I didn't see it yet.

I wonder if you'll click this Jutsei #Kappa
Damn I fell for that.

I was suspicious of that, mainly because none of the models on the 3DS are especially amazing.
Still clicked it though, cause that's better than not knowing at all, so if that was your goal Successful Troll is Successful?

So apparently Duck Hunt Dog has Wild Gunmen references in his moveset including his Final Smash.
I have no words.

Remember when Sakurai said that "other bosses" could appear at Final Destination in Classic Mode? Well...he wasn't referring to Crazy Hand.
I'm totally fine with Vague stuff like this, it just makes me curiouser to know, and will appreciate it more when I do find out.

And Jesus Christ guys, two whole pages.

There's a rumor going around there's data for Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men, and Dixie in the code.

Oh boy.

That can't be true.

I mean it lists Mewtwo and Ridley and those two automatically mean fake.

That can't be true.

I mean it lists Mewtwo and Ridley and those two automatically mean fake.
SPOILERS MAN THE PLUMBER (Jutsei) GONE GET YOU NOW

There's a rumor going around there's data for Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men, and Dixie in the code.

Oh boy.

Photos or I call bullshit.
There's no way Ridley's in at this point and no way Ice Climbers aren't.

Photos or I call bullshit.
There's no way Ridley's in at this point and no way Ice Climbers aren't.
I want to see that as well but it's a rumor.

tumblr_nbqtwer4tV1sqoru3o1_400.jpg

You know what

I've ridden the hype coaster

I was hyped, and then it went down, but now I'm super happy again. This is gonna be good. Can't wait to see them all in HD, too!

So that's 56 characters, 59 including the Mii Fighters.
You know, that is a pretty good roster size.
Wish they could format it better though, not a fan of this upside down pyramid scheme.

Both MK8 and Hyrule Warriors are confirmed for large DLC expansions - I can't see Smash not getting it too. But yeah, 3DS roster looks ugly, but it may still be "incomplete". We'll see.

I like this roster. 50+ characters, more if you consider Alph, the Koopalings and gender swaps as more characters. Also Dark Pit, Doc Mario and Lucina as "advanced alts".

wait wait
wait
has there been any lucas or mewtwo or what have you trophies spotted yet
there's a dream that's still possibly alive here

wait wait
wait

THEY HAD THEIR CHANCE.
The dream that most needs to be kept alive right now is the dream of RIDLEY.

Both MK8 and Hyrule Warriors are confirmed for large DLC expansions - I can't see Smash not getting it too. But yeah, 3DS roster looks ugly, but it may still be "incomplete". We'll see.

I like this roster. 50+ characters, more if you consider Alph, the Koopalings and gender swaps as more characters. Also Dark Pit, Doc Mario and Lucina as "advanced alts".
I still think the Wii U version will get playable boss characters in some form.

wait wait
wait

No trophies spotted of Mewtwo or Lucas, and no sign of any Mother 3 influence at all.

Wolf, Squirtle and Ivysaur have trophies, though Wolf's is NOT in his Smash outfit. But also it is just labeled as "Wolf", and not "Wolf (Assault)", so...

So yeah. It's entirely possible for future DLC things to add them back in and even change Wolf's trophy name, but until then, this is what we got.

Wait.
So the ESRB leak WAS the full roster?
ALL THIS TIME?

kinda surprised we got nothing more than the leak. Great roster. Mostly excited duck hunt dog is real. but we literally have seen everybody.

Okay yeah they HAVE to have DLC because the unlocks are dry as fuck, only 12? One being Lucina who we already knew about. Only Duck Hunt, Lucina (Marth Clone/Semi-Clone so that barely counts), Dark Pit (this barely counts too), and Bowser Jr are new out of the unlocks. So yeah the overall roster is really good, I just wish they had a lot of unlocks like Brawl. This is good though at the same time, because it just HAS to confirm DLC. No waaay they're going to bone us like that.

EDIT: Its literally the same formula as Brawl actually, a bunch of obvious vet picks, than they had 4 new characters (Lucario, TLink, Wolf, ROB) making it 4 unlocks. I guess matching the previous title is okay? I just wish they had more :(

Last edited:
Reactions: klaww
Okay yeah they HAVE to have DLC because the unlocks are dry as fuck, only 12? One being Lucina who we already knew about. Only Duck Hunt, Lucina (Marth Clone/Semi-Clone so that barely counts), Dark Pit (this barely counts too), and Bowser Jr are new out of the unlocks. So yeah the overall roster is really good, I just wish they had a lot of unlocks like Brawl. This is good though at the same time, because it just HAS to confirm DLC. No waaay they're going to bone us like that.

EDIT: Its literally the same formula as Brawl actually, a bunch of obvious vet picks, than they had 4 new characters (Lucario, TLink, Wolf, ROB) making it 4 unlocks. I guess matching the previous title is okay? I just wish they had more :(

That was the formula for every Smash except Melee.

*gnashes teeth quietly about everyone talking about Day 1 DLC and WiiU unlockable characters*

That was the formula for every Smash except Melee.

Yeah my bad I made an edit for it because thats what they did in Brawl, thats not every other smash though. As a sequel though I expected it to be more or something but I dunno the roster is still cool.

Welp, time to hope for more DLC stuff. In the meantime I'll be enjoying my time in the lab with Rosalina thank you very much.