• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Luigi confirmed to never die. (check out 1:50 onwards)

gMInF54.jpg

Damnit Sakurai why did you have to have the exact same roster between the two versions.

Also people are apparently saying there is zero trace of Mother 3 ANYTHING in this game which is really bothering me. To go from so much good treatment in Brawl to forgetting the game even exists in 4 is brutal.

So I ended up NOT getting codes cause my email was turned off. Thank god I have friends.
This is what happened to me :c
Except none of my friends got codes either
Woe is me
Give me code

Also people are apparently saying there is zero trace of Mother 3 ANYTHING in this game which is really bothering me. To go from so much good treatment in Brawl to forgetting the game even exists in 4 is brutal.
I'm guessing that nintendo told them to take out the shit that never came out in america.
Or at least mother 3 specifically because it never came out in america.

PtfcSVM.png

Woah...where does THIS play?

I'm guessing that nintendo told them to take out the shit that never came out in america.
Or at least mother 3 specifically because it never came out in america.

And yet they tease us about Mother 3 at E3? That sounds real shitty. There better be Mother 3 content in the Wii U version.

Edit: Holy fuck
This plays on FD. This+The remixed main theme+the VS Master Hand=nothing comes close, best FD in the series.

Last edited:
When did they tease Mother 3 at e3?

It was in the Robot Chicken sketches, you know,
"C'mon Reggie, give us Mother 3!"
"How about this instead?"
*sets nerd on fire*

how is that a tease

that's a shot down, if you ask me
(a funny one)

They went out of their way to mention it and acknowledge that it's wanted
therefore a tease.
Probably.

Thank you Sakurai for this glorious gift. Too bad you used Flavio's ship instead of just giving us Rogueport. :(

Ness gets Lucas's Specials as his alt Bs

i give up

the dream is dead

also if you can do this why are there still clones

why sakurai

why

Updating the Lucas model and unique animations/moves apart from Ness up from Brawl takes more effort than changing Pit's color, FS, and like 2 other moves and calling that a character.

that just sounds like the normal song with minor differences and doesn't even include the best part

even in smash TTYD music can't get its act together

Oh my fucking God guys, I did it, I got a code.
So you can, uh, take my name off that list.

that just sounds like the normal song with minor differences and doesn't even include the best part

even in smash TTYD music can't get its act together

Good enough for me. I'm just happy Sakurai recognized Paper Mario at all let alone TTYD.

I think I'm one of the few people who don't want the demo because I want to play Wii Fit Trainer really badly and she's playable not in the demo. She's on possible waifu grounds now.

Wonder if they're gonna update the site with the rest of the cast before the US release. Probably not.

I think I'm one of the few people who don't want the demo because I want to play Wii Fit Trainer really badly and she's playable not in the demo. She's on possible waifu grounds now.

I mean, I'm kinda that way,
but with Little Mac,
but still it feels good just get my hands on it.

Wonder if they're gonna update the site with the rest of the cast before the US release. Probably not.

Rest are on Miiverse with some pics and spoiler tags if you want to see them. Pics are minimal though and not everyone even has a description yet.

Huh, does anyone find it strange that we haven't seen any sign of Metalface from Xenoblade in the 3DS, yet he was at the end of Shulk's trailer.

Actually come to think of it no one's been able to find a Ridley trophy for some reason.

Hmm...

Reactions: klaww
Huh, does anyone find it strange that we haven't seen any sign of Metalface from Xenoblade in the 3DS, yet he was at the end of Shulk's trailer.

Actually come to think of it no one's been able to find a Ridley trophy for some reason.

Hmm...
Metalface confirmed?

Hmm...
Well to be fair trophies will be version exclusive, and favoring if that trophy is more relevant console wise or hand held wise, so Xeno and Medroid will probs fall into console category better than the hand held one. So no need to but the jump the gun on this.

One of my friends got a code from one of his friends and he let me try it out. I have to admit, I'm surprised at how well it controls. I thought for sure that I'd be having trouble pulling off smash attacks, and dashing for that matter, with the circle pad. I'm relieved that that isn't the case at all.

When I do finally get the game, I'll be switching the functions of the L and R buttons though. I'm too used to using L for dodge and Z for grab.

One of my friends got a code from one of his friends and he let me try it out. I have to admit, I'm surprised at how well it controls. I thought for sure that I'd be having trouble pulling off smash attacks, and dashing for that matter, with the circle pad. I'm relieved that that isn't the case at all.

When I do finally get the game, I'll be switching the functions of the L and R buttons though. I'm too used to using L for dodge and Z for grab.

Nah, smash attacks are easy to pull off. It's tilts that are the issue.

I find the opposite on 3DS haha.

On a gamecube controller its often accidentally getting smashes when I go for a tilt but on the 3DS I get tilts all the time and have to really try (and feel like I'm breaking my stick thing) to get smashes.

is peach's custom move things anywhere?

I know she has one where she pulls out BIG turnips, but they take longer to do. Also she has "Angry Toad" that ALWAYS sprays spores whenever you press B, essentially giving her a close range projectile.

I know she has one where she pulls out BIG turnips, but they take longer to do. Also she has "Angry Toad" that ALWAYS sprays spores whenever you press B, essentially giving her a close range projectile.
angry toad sounds fun
Toad: "I'M SICK OF BEING IN YOUR DRESS! I COULD HAVE BEEN A CAPTAIN!"

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Forgot to mention that I got a copy of the demo a few days ago. Been playing it with friends and it's lots of fun!

So far I'm liking how Link feels the most. I like the changes they've made to some of his standard moves.

I thought purgatory was the really boring place.
The waiting room you sit in until angels can finish up your paperwork.
Flames of the damned and stuff is more of a hell thing.
Probably.

so do we know anything about the clone characters' custom B moves

if they're any different and all that

To respond to this now...
g9POzc6.png

To respond to this now...
g9POzc6.png
For what it's worth, here's a translated <but not from the official Eng version> version of his trophy's description <with some small edits by me, but nothing that changes any meanings>:

"Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER/EarthBound series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity."

So I caved and sniped a code on MiiVerse by leaving my EShop "redeem code" menu up and talking to a nice guy. So Shoutouts to a guy named Thomas. Time to join my demo brethren!

So is there any chance I could maybe get a code? if not here, where could I go that I might be able to get one?