• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

And then suddenly I felt a little better about their cut from the roster.
m8wvpRF.png

Respect of the highest order

You know, I didn't really care that much about Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl. Yet I realize how much it sucks to not have them return when they were in the 2 games that came before this one, and their removal irks me a lot more than I thought it would. This entire ordeal seems to have given me a new-found appreciation for them.

I know people who really wanted Mewtwo to return and STILL think that the Ice Climbers were a bigger loss.

I know people who really wanted Mewtwo to return and STILL think that the Ice Climbers were a bigger loss.

I think it's cause people were more okay with Mewtwo --> Lucario than with Ice Climbers --> Rosalina and Luma simply du to the fact they are "losing" a series.

If you can call it a series, cause it technically had one game and one updated rerelease.

Wait, there was an updated rerelease?

Tell me more, did it fix the jumping?

The original Ice Climber got an updated version called "Vs. Ice Climber". No clue if it made it over here.

I think all it added was a 2 player competitive mode.

Of course, people aren't completely satisfied with the Smash roster.
Well, hey, at least we got our first female villain!
Kinda??? Eh?
UNkYoFL.png

Of course, people aren't completely satisfied with the Smash roster.
Well, hey, at least we got our first female villain!
Kinda??? Eh?
UNkYoFL.png

What are you talking about

We've had Peach since Melee

What? Not a villain? Play Mario Party 1 or Fortune Street.

Doesn't count. Everyone in those games has cheating bastard A.I.

Nope, in those games, Peach had intentionally harder AI. It's not said in Mario Party 1 anywhere in the game, but Peach is one of the few "S Difficulty" ones in Fortune Street.

SHE'S EEEEEEVIL.

Nope, in those games, Peach had intentionally harder AI. It's not said in Mario Party 1 anywhere in the game, but Peach is one of the few "S Difficulty" ones in Fortune Street.

SHE'S EEEEEEVIL.

Pretty sure she's just like
good at economics.
She's gotta be able to rule a kingdom someday, how money works is a good thing to know.

Pretty sure she's just like
good at economics.
She's gotta be able to rule a kingdom someday, how money works is a good thing to know.
don't act like she ain't already ruling that kingdom

King Toadstool's probably been dead in the ground for 20 years and none of those imbecile peasants are any the wiser

don't act like she ain't already ruling that kingdom

King Toadstool's probably been dead in the ground for 20 years and none of those imbecile peasants are any the wiser

Yeah, probably.
Wonder why she keeps the title though.

man don't focus on that focus on my sweet alliteration
i even looked up a fruit that started with a Q

Yea that's me. I still haven't gotten over Mewtwo being unfairly cut, but Ice Climbers is an even worse cut because they were in 2 games, not one, and cause losing them means losing an entire franchise, whereas with Mewtwo Pokemon will continue to be well represented in Smash with or without him. I would honestly trade any newcomer for Ice Climbers back, including my most wanted newcomers that came true: Megaman and Little Mac.

Reactions: DDB
It's funny because this is a Skullgirls forum and he referenced our own kind so shower him with our love.

I encourage you all to do so actually.
But that's just my all-purpose "Boo!" reaction image, the fact that it's SG is a just a coinkidink.

Back