• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Why you people gotta be like this.
Why does Sakurai gotta treat you like a bunch of goddamn babies because if he leaves one fucking realistic thing in a game with characters in dresses and a free camera, ya'll gotta constantly and consistently be a bunch of creeps about it.
God fucking dammit.
It's how little girls find out that they're lesbians, it's an important part of life.

Is there a Youtube channel that goes through individual character move sets for Smash 4? Sorta like how Skye did that analysis on Mario.

Yeah, Shulk and Palutena and Duck Hunt were terrible additions. Where's my Phantoon, waluigi and

Oh wait. We do have good characters and people who disagree only say so because they are mad their favorites didn't get in. Whoops.

But Chorus Men

But Chorus Men

To hell with the Chorus Men. If Rhythm Heaven really needs a playable character that badly, let's get one of the ones that actually appear frequently like Marshall or that pop star chick.

But Marshal IS one of the chorus men.

Uh from what I can tell, he's not. He's just the same species.

when's Ray-01

oh wait I forgot Sakurai hates me and me alone that's why he put in like 50 amazing characters and one unamazing one so he hates me

So erm...

About this.

Leftover data from porting Brawl / early on when they tried to implement them.

So erm...

About this.

Video footage or I call bull. Anyone can take audio from Brawl and splice it w/ audio for this.

Video footage or I call bull. Anyone can take audio from Brawl and splice it w/ audio for this.

What would the video footage be?
Like, there's no visual cues that accompany the chanting, it'd be just as easy to splice Brawl sounds into a video as well.

Plus whether this is true or not doesn't really change anything, we know that Ice Climbers were being developed but dropped when the 3DS couldn't handle them, any remnants of them in the game only go to tell us that Sakurai isn't lying.

when's Ray-01

oh wait I forgot Sakurai hates me and me alone that's why he put in like 50 amazing characters and one unamazing one so he hates me

Leftover data from porting Brawl / early on when they tried to implement them.

Apparently it's the Villager's crowd chant, which should be "MURA! BITO!" even though it sounds much more like "NANA! POPO!"

There are some exciting matches turning up...like this one between R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog
Speak whatever you want about the match being slow and how hard it it to kill with these chars, but that two matches were one of the hypest things I've seen in this month. Balanced to the very end.

I've found that nearly all of Villagers attacks that pull out an item can be deflected by Mario's cape and possibly pocketed by other villagers. The main one being the very powerful bowling ball.

If a 2 Villager team could pocket each other's Bowling ball, and drop it from anywhere, ESPECIALLY from the air, then this could make for some interesting team matches.

Speak whatever you want about the match being slow and how hard it it to kill with these chars, but that two matches were one of the hypest things I've seen in this month. Balanced to the very end.
You're right. It was pretty hype! Though that living to almost 200% thing reeeeally needs to be fixed. Half those attacks at 140 and higher should have killed, but didn't. I hope there's a patch or something that lowers the blast zone areas to try and fix this. Too much open space off stage.

You're right. It was pretty hype! Though that living to almost 200% thing reeeeally needs to be fixed. Half those attacks at 140 and higher should have killed, but didn't. I hope there's a patch or something that lowers the blast zone areas to try and fix this. Too much open space off stage.
apparently the reason for that is DIing down makes people live for crazy longer than they should.

6002-c96906a4fe398608bc0fd50879aad9d1.jpg

Attachments

• Buttheart.jpg
    Buttheart.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 306
We know that the new 3ds will have a second stick that will function like the c-stick for smash, but what about the Circle Pad Pro? Anyone know if the 3ds version has support for it? Or do you think the game will just get an update once the new 3ds is out to add the extra button functions?

We know that the new 3ds will have a second stick that will function like the c-stick for smash, but what about the Circle Pad Pro? Anyone know if the 3ds version has support for it? Or do you think the game will just get an update once the new 3ds is out to add the extra button functions?

CPP is not supported by Smash.

apparently the reason for that is DIing down makes people live for crazy longer than they should.
Which is weird... Usually DIing downward makes the trajectory more angled to the side blastzones and therefore die faster. Though I suppose Sakurai wanted to get rid of any trace of crouch cancelling so smashing down is the new option.

I'm sure it'll be cleared up by the wii u release.

I STILL don't have an acceptable excuse for that. Every theory i have reverts to Nintendo doing a dick move to get more money

Well that sucks.

MAAANNNN Why are there only 3 games that use it? Smash would be PERFECT! HECK! Release a CPP that works with the XL, put a Smash logo on it and watch that sucker print money like Pokemon!

Well that sucks.

MAAANNNN Why are there only 3 games that use it? Smash would be PERFECT! HECK! Release a CPP that works with the XL, put a Smash logo on it and watch that sucker print money like Pokemon!

Maybe cause everyone was complaining that it "wasn't on the 3DS already" and "wanted to wait until it was a part of another model".

I've seen those more than people saying they actually bought a CPP.

Maybe cause everyone was complaining that it "wasn't on the 3DS already" and "wanted to wait until it was a part of another model".

I've seen those more than people saying they actually bought a CPP.
But the new 3DS doesn't even have a second pad! ITS GOT A NIPPLE!

Reactions: musica
But the new 3DS doesn't even have a second pad! ITS GOT A NIPPLE!
The C-stick on a gamecube controller is basically a nipple. It's even the general shape and size of a nipple. Imagine that.

The C-stick on a gamecube controller is basically a nipple. It's even the general shape and size of a nipple. Imagine that.
Yeah Thats why I use the Classic Controller...

It like two puffy nips I can play with!

God Why did I say that?

Reactions: Lavama
Master Hand is finally sick of everyone's bullshit after 4 games
(At 12:00)

So this is a thing.

So someone figured out exactly how down DI works. Basically, you can influence your movement in any direction you want (including upwards) when in hitstun. Meaning once people figure out how to use this they can easily use this mechanic to escape combos and also make themselves survive even longer than they already are. RIP combos, you were nice for the 5 days we had you. Or at least, that seems to be the implications of this. We'll know how broken it is in practice soon enough.

Last edited:
So, someone ripped the renders for the whole roster (and then some) from the 3DS version.

Includes all secret characters (containing what may be the sassiest Ganon ever), every appearance changing alt (Wireframe Mac, Alph, Koopalings, and ROB's SNES palette) with the exceptions of Oil Armor Shulk (AKA swimwear Shulk), Mac's hoodie and ZS Samus' Fusion and Zero Mission outfits, and even includes some other goodies (misc. symbols, Multi-Man Miis, Master Hand and Master Core.)

Reactions: BeatNinja
Sounds like a Guilty Gear character. Sol Badguy confirmed.

"Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game."

zlCfzSdAfjMOI_gs25

Sakurai's mains confirmed.

Dayum Sakurai. Hogging up all that Samus. I mean, Samus makes sense and is excusable because, who doesn't like Metroid? He's super cool. But Meta Knight... Unforgivable

Reactions: Lavama
So I'm beginning to think that DLC for this game is EXTREMELY likely.

Based on the Page1 and Page 2 arrows found in the files, and how every game Nintendo's releasing seems to have it now.

And my extremely strong desire for Ice Climbers.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs