• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I like how the statement "we don't want carbon copies" is immediately followed by "and you wouldn't even have his up special".

FD Version 2 is too heavy on that guitar, honestly.

Of course now that he's not playable, Chrom would have the most personality here he's ever had (thanks Matt, you're always golden). ;-;

But then, ONETT REMIX OUTTA NOWHERE, JESUS FUCK

Sakurai pls, stop with all this tsundere BS

"Plus, you and Ike are too similar. No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?"

*Looks at Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Toon Link, Lucina, Ganondorf, and Falco*

Then please tell us wtf your take on originality is.

Let's wait and see what the conversations for those characters are and maybe they might justify that bit of hypocrisy.

But Ludd-wig? That's sort of a kooky way to pronounce it.

I feel old and sad that I actually got the joke behind that sentence.

Reactions: DDB
A little bit of everything:
Everytime the person interrupted a new remix just to play an old track from Brawl FROM THE BRAWL STAGES

I soooo wanted to slap their shit

Last edited:
Luigi's Mansion Series Medley
Super Mario World Medley
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels Medley

Last edited:
jesus christ the SMW Medley
my childhood just burst out of my stomach

and holy shit the FE Meeting Medley
Together We Ride all day for 1000 years

Reactions: Rellek
Everyone knows Together We Ride though.

What's important is Jugdral has finally received Smash representation. Best world in the series needed it.

So......they're perfectly fine saying Chrom would be a clone but Dr. Mario just gets medical puns?

Reactions: SmashBlade
They don't want people to notice the sheer amount of hypocrisy

Reactions: Φ
What's important is Jugdral has finally received Smash representation. Best world in the series needed it.

My memory of Tharcia begs to differ.
Actually, my memory of Tharcia makes me want to lie down and cry.
Not because it was bad, just because it took me, like, a year to beat the fucking thing.
Doesn't help that you got the actual worst lord stat wise, and the game had some ridiculous chapters, namely all of them.
Music was nice, though.

I meant world as in how they built the world. Gameplay had its issues. I like FE4's gameplay but I won't deny that walking around a thousand-space map can get tedious and feel like padding at times. Storytelling was top-notch though.

at least as top notch as you can get away with when your game has incest as one of its main plot points

O___o Did Sakurai just fill in a bunch of plot holes from Uprising/tease us about a sequel with this?

Pittoo works for Viridi now? Why? The pay must be good...

As much as I would explode, I highly doubt they're teasing for a sequel. I think these codecs are as good as we're gonna get for a Kid Icarus Wii U game...

Y'know, this does explain why Spittoo has Green wings in Smash as opposed to the Blue wings from the credits.

So, uh, to both the other PM players on this thread,
if you were hyped for PM at Apex,
then don't be anymore.

It's not a main event, and not going to be a streamed side tourney, either.
I'm going to try and stay off for a bit, because I am absolutely livid at this whole thing.
So, sweet dreams, I guess.

That's unfortunate man :( Don't be too upset I hope. You must be strong.

Full character select for the Wii U version. I like how my three mains are all in the same area together. There's also room for DLC that isn't Mewtwo.

kfWIyxE.png

It took 3 games to get it, and even then it's STILL just part of a 2-song mix with a second Snowman remix, but here's the actual town theme for Onett

EDIT: Gaur Plains has The Valedictory Elegy from Baten Kaitos Origins in it's songlist

Okay,
I don't usually play mobile games with the sound on, since usually I play them in public or in the restroom and even when I'm at home I don't want to disturb anybody,
so like, up to this point I had not heard Fox in 4 say the word Landmaster and WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK WAS THAT?

It's called superb voice acting, I mean duh

For real though, I like the whole "purposefully campy sci-fi" road Star Fox has been going down lately.

I can get down with campy sci-fi, but he sounds like he's from Kansas and is the slightest bit unsure about what a Landmaster is.

Sorry Viridi, you got a lot of competition.

E3 v Final
tumblr_neqlcghxHs1sw8d3mo1_500.jpg

So, uh, to both the other PM players on this thread,
if you were hyped for PM at Apex,
then don't be anymore.

It's not a main event, and not going to be a streamed side tourney, either.
I'm going to try and stay off for a bit, because I am absolutely livid at this whole thing.
So, sweet dreams, I guess.
This likely means they have a Nintendo sponsorship/partnership of some kind?

I don't think it's been pointed out yet, but there's still zero footage of Rayquaza on Kalos League. I also asked the guy uploading the OST and he claims to not have seen Rayquaza once yet.

Edit: :O So faithful to the original, really cool

Last edited:
So, wow, I have an entitled/dumb friend that hates the palutena Guidance simply because he thinks Kid Icarus Uprising is overrepresented, he hates Dark Pit yet thinks Alph should've been a standalone character despite the fact Olimar has Flying Pikmin from Alph's game.

Like, you fucking serious?
(He also calls Viridi "some random cartoon chick", yeah no, go away)

I really like the few Palutena Codecs I've heard, it sounds kinda weird with no music and just dialogue though

I agree with every bit of what your friend said except for the Viridi comment. The Guidance things ARE awful, and Kid Icarus IS overrepped, and I'd much rather have Alph as a clone than Pittoo.

I like the Snake codecs more honestly.
But that may just be because I like Snake as a character more than Pit or Palutena.

Pit is a pathetic wimp and Palutena is a horrible being

Snake and Otacon are dork bros that nerd out over captain falcon