• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

It's Annie, Girl of the Stars.

IT WAS ME HUNGRYBOX

IT WAS ME HUNGRYBOX

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG HUNGRYBOX

So I don't know if this has been said but this is new to me

Game and Watch's Stage in Smash 4 is technically a new one

It's called Flatzone X and is a combination of Flatzone 1 and 2.

Huh.

Comedy.
Jokes.
Puns.
Funny.
Entertaining.
Neat.
Enjoyable.
Awful.

Fozzie_ear_wiggle.gif

My L-button blues continue, sadly. I took Tanner's advice and funnily enough that made it worse but I don't blame him in the slightest. I blame...Iwata.

GUESS NO GRAB-PUNISHES FOR ME ANYMORE.

Anyone here a little mac main but is ashamed of being one?

*raises hand*

Anyone here a little mac main but is ashamed of being one?

*raises hand*

I play Little Mac for his character.
And Dark Pit for his gameplay.
My life is hell.

go jump off of final destination scrub

Douchebag...

I actually don't care for how Little Mac plays. He is a well-made character for sure (barring his Side-B), but something about his feel just isn't right for me.

Edit: I am, however, ashamed that the four characters I enjoy playing as: Rosalina, Greninja, ZZS, and Sheik, are all top tier at least.

It wasn't intentional, I swear! I just like their respective playstyles and feel! I don't intentionally pick top tiers!

Reactions: SkullMan
As long as you never side-b recklessly, there's nothing wrong with playing Mac.

I actually don't care for how Little Mac plays. He is a well-made character for sure (barring his Side-B), but something about his feel just isn't right for me.

Edit: I am, however, ashamed that the four characters I enjoy playing as: Rosalina, Greninja, ZZS, and Sheik, are all top tier at least.

It wasn't intentional, I swear! I just like their respective playstyles and feel! I don't intentionally pick top tiers!
Always balance your smash mains so that you can pick characters of varying power to use as disrespect tools.
I've got:
S tier: Diddy Kong, Bowser
A tier: Kirby
B tier: Link
C tier: Mr.Game and Watch

Reactions: juju_for_president
Not to make this a tier list argument, but Bowser is, like, B-tier at best.
That was factoring in custom moves since it seems like competitive rule sets are going to allow them. And bowser has palutena syndrome pretty bad.

People overestimate Bowser. He's definitely better than he's ever been, but he's not what people want him to be, which is someone you'd see very often at tournaments.

That was factoring in custom moves since it seems like competitive rule sets are going to allow them. And bowser has palutena syndrome pretty bad.

Just having a wave-dash doesn't make you SS tier, a wave-dash is literally pointless if you have nothing to follow it up with, and Bowser doesn't have too many good options out of a wave-dash.
From my experience, he only really has garb, tilts, and side-b again, none of which are very good. Bowser was never a character who got much out of wave-dashes, and that doesn't seem to have changed in Smash 4.

it still hasn't been 6 months so i don't really take the tier lists that seriously at all.

pretty sure i brought it up before, but in the brawl tier list only 1/3rd of the characters stayed in the same tier they started in, the rest moved up or down as people learned more and the meta evolved.

Also no one should feel bad for maining little mac since he's a weak character with an exploitable weakness.

I don't see why tiers should be discussed now of all times. Wait until the patch comes for character balance.

I honestly doubt that the balance patch is going to change a whole lot of the placings.
I mean, what could they really do? Their not going to change the properties of moves this early after release; the best we could hope for is numbers, but numbers can only do so much for balance unless SORA goes absolutely nutters with it. It might move around a few people, but nothing Earth-shattering. People are overblowing the shit out of 1.0.4, I mean seriously guys, it's not even a new tenths place. Expecting it to be as major as some people are is just setting yourself up for disappointment when it turns out to be 'Mac double-jump now goes 0.35 character lengths higher, and Rosaluma Luma spawn timer now 0.395 seconds longer.'

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
i believe that Rosa's Luma timer has been confirmed to be 5 seconds longer
moving from 8 to 13 seconds
iirc, at least

That's still not a huge change, all things considered, at least not one that would impact her placement in any meaningful way.

i'm pretty positive it's just a bug patch fixing out all the bugs like characters throwing items to stop any hitstun.

Wario's wonky vectoring is gone for sure.

iirc, at least

I think this is something we can all get down with.

iirc, at least

I patiently await the change from 13 to 30 seconds.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Patch is out! SmashBoards is compiling a list of changes here.

It's not on that list (yet?), but I've also heard a ton of reports of Ike buffs. Also, lol WFT got nerfs.

It's not on that list (yet?), but I've also heard a ton of reports of Ike buffs

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You have no idea how happy this makes me if it's true...
Buuuuuuuut my unfortunate expectation for 1.0.4 has seemingly come true; Rosa-Luma hasn't gotten any significant nerfs, ZSS apparently only has gotten buffs, and the only low-tier character to have gotten any major buffs out of all this seems to be Ike (Which I am completely fine with). The only high tier seeming to have gotten major nerfs is Shiek, and even then I don't think that it will drop her that much.
So, as I predicted, nothing Earth-shattering on the buff or nerf end for someone who isn't me.

LITTLE MAC - Second and third hit of jab combo deal 1% less damage, leading to significantly less damage. Now ~32 hits = damage of ~20 hits pre patch.

fucking ruined, gg smash 4, i'm done with you, heading back to vampire saviour

fucking ruined, gg smash 4, i'm done with you, heading back to vampire saviour
KO punch kills at significantly lower percents now though. If that matters.

Also, RosaLuma got some percent decreases, increased grab whiff time, and significantly lower knockback on Nair. I'd say those are significant enough.

Wii Fit Trainer- Air dodge into ground lag standardized to 22f from 12f

That's it. WFT is dead. No hope for this character now. Good job Nintendo for utterly destroying a character that didn't even need nerfs.

Can't you just aerial cancel out of airdodge? It totally bypasses that number and is pretty easy.