• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I... I was trying to be sarcastic. ;w;

Ness' down throw does 2% more damage.

Ohboyohboyohboy.

EDIT: LIES AND SLANDER. It actually does 2% less.

Last edited:
Can't you just aerial cancel out of airdodge? It totally bypasses that number and is pretty easy.

I don't think so. No you can't cancel out.

nintendo just went full fucking mike z on us

i'm done with this entire series, canceling my smash u preorder

how can i get fucking gud at this game if i don't have consistent numbers for damage???

all my day 1 combos are gone

this is it this is how gaming dies

G-FUCKING-G NINTENDO

nintendo just went full fucking mike z on us

i'm done with this entire series, canceling my smash u preorder

how can i get fucking gud at this game if i don't have consistent numbers for damage???

all my day 1 combos are gone

this is it this is how gaming dies

G-FUCKING-G NINTENDO
Like I've been saying, 3DS version was the beta and the full version will likely not have all these issues. We can probably expect far less updates like this in the Wii U version.

Also, lol WFT got nerfs.
you got me worried for a second but but one change to standardization of something that you shouldn't be doing in smash 4 anyways is not really that much of a nerf.

Are you saying glitchey exploits that make one character better than the other isn't a good thing?

Well shit

I'll just be over here playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 don't look at me

Yeah but

WFT's hitboxes

all of them are awful

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Then again a lot of her quick hitboxes hit on both sides so you do spend less time having to correct your positioning. Her grab is mega shit tier unless you roll cancel it though.

Groose found in Smash 4 Wii U

335.png

Little Mac nerfs
Wii Fit Trainer- Air dodge into ground lag standardized to 22f from 12f

That's it. WFT is dead. No hope for this character now. Good job Nintendo for utterly destroying a character that didn't even need nerfs.

This is why I didn't want balance patches, they have no idea what they're doing and will just make bad characters worse. I'm sure they'll buff Rosalina next because she's "too hard" to use.

WFT's case is less making a bad character worse and more fixing an actual mistake that just happens to work against the character

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
This is why I didn't want balance patches, they have no idea what they're doing and will just make bad characters worse. I'm sure they'll buff Rosalina next because she's "too hard" to use.

You quite clearly didn't catch Ein Blitz's very obvious sarcasm. I'm guessing you also didn't read through the list of character changes...

Then again, why bother thinking and reading when we can just blamelessly accuse people of not knowing what they're doing.

You can call me Ein if you wish, but yeah. What happened to WFT was barely even a scratch really. I'm quite sure no one abused that landing lag at all, let alone knew about it until it was pointed out to them. IMO, WFT's pretty good once you get to understand how to land your wonky hitboxes.

Mega Man's leaf shield gets thrown faster and Meta Knight's Down B can KO at 25% less damage. Some buffs are good. Here's a list of some:

What I found out, keep in mind that I probably missed a lot of changes :

Stuff that looks untouched :

-Rolls (:/)

-Shields

-Spiking with trapping hitboxes such as Ness/Falco's Fair, Greninja/Sheik's Uair still seems possible

-Sonic, Pit, Dark Pit, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Donkey Dong, Peach, Palutena, Yoshi (will edit later)

Bugs :

-Bomb canceling fixed

-Turnip canceling fixed

-Yoshi teleport fixed

-Wectoring fixed

-Greninja's Dair cancel fixed

-Hyper Rollout fixed

-Villager's rocket kill on the ledge fixed

Bowser :

-Bowsercide = Bowser dies first

-Fsmash deals 2% less damages, meaning that Dedede/Ganondorf now have the most powerful Smash in the game.

-Down tilt's second hit is harder to connect

Rosalina :

-Luma timer increased to 13 seconds

-Nair deals less damage, less kb as well

-Neutral B's distance covered has been lowered (Which is, in fact, a buff, that shit was hard to land properly.)

-Luma comes back faster

Ness :

-Down Throw nerfed from 9% to 7% (;_;)

-It now does the correct amount of damages on G&W

Marth :

-Looks like his Dthrow/Fthrow give more followups. (fuck yes)

Lucina :

-Looks like her Dthrow/Fthrow g-oh wait I just said that two lines ago

Ike :

-Ike's Fair is significantly faster

-Looks like it can autocancel as well

-His Nair comes a bit quicker

-Jab looks fixed so all 3 attacks connect properly

-Ending lag on his Ftilt and Dtilt reduced

-Back air seems faster but I'm not sure at all

-Back air's damages increased by 1%

Toon Link:

-Jab damages increased by 1%

-His Utilt still does 5% despite the fact it does 6 on Wii U

Shulk :

All Shulk's moves but Backslash are buffed, most of them do more damages (Ranging from 1% to 3%)

Little Mac :

-Jab does less damages

-KO Punch got buffed, KOes earlier (Somebody on Smashboards calced : It used to ko Jigs at 19% with vectoring, now it kills at 13%)

Falco :

-Blaster comes out quicker

-Our prayers got answered ! Dair is faster. (Not instant but still quite fast now.)

Sheik :

-Looks like needles now have some ending lag to em

-Down B has less knockback

-Uair has less knockback

-Fair deals less damages

Zero Suit Samus :

-Side B now connects properly

-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames

-Neutral B has more ending lag

-Neutral B quick shot has less range

Greninja :

-Uair nerfed. Harder to land all the hits, less knockback.

-Can't fastfall during Shadow Sneak to reappear lower anymore.

-More lag on Usmash

Olimar :

-Pikmin Toss does more damages

Pacman :

-Hydrant got sturdier to the point Pacman's back-air can't send it flying

King Dedede :

-Down Throw now sends upward

-Dededecide kills Dedede first now

Zelda :

-Up tilt does 1% more damage

-Looks like Din's Fire has less ending lag to it

Ganondorf :

-Looks like Nair has less lag

Megaman :

-Looks like Leaf Shield throws out faster

Meta Knight :

-Nair deals more damages

-Down B sends more horizontally, allowing for earlier KOs

-Fthrow damages fixed

-Bthrow has a tiny bit more knockback

-Rejoice ! Bair KOs about ~25% earlier ! MK has a ko move eveybody !

Kirby :

-Foot based attacks have a bigger hitbox, kind of like Yoshi's tail attacks.

-Kirbycide kills Kirby first

-Looks like he's faster

-Nair has more lag ?

-Uair faster

-Upsmash has a sourspot

Luigi :

-Fsmash deals more damages

Mario :

-Utilt deals less damages

-Looks like he's heavier

Dr Mario :

-Looks like he's heavier as well

Wii Fit Trainer :

-Looks like Nair deals less damages, need confirmation on that one

-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames

-Uair deals more damages

Pikachu :

-More knockback on Fsmash, Side B and Down B

-Thunder's hitbox no longer is divided in 4 separates ones

Wario :

-No longer has that troublesome release animation so some characters can't combo him as easily as before

Link :

-Fsmash's second hit connects more easily

Bowser Jr. :

-Dthrow deals less damage

-Dair deals less damage

R.O.B :

-Up B's fuel comes back quicker

Sources : Me, Smashboards as well, Neogaf.

Little Mac got nerfed in that his A combo does slightly less damage it's a questionable decision, but not one that I'd freak out over, it certainly doesn't make the character any better and is completely overshadowed by the buff his KO Punch got.

You quite clearly didn't catch Ein Blitz's very obvious sarcasm. I'm guessing you also didn't read through the list of character changes...

Then again, why bother thinking and reading when we can just blamelessly accuse people of not knowing what they're doing.

I couldn't find a change list because Nintendo doesn't release them. Reading the one above most of the changes are fine (suicide killing kamikaze player first=good), but some are unnecessary (you don't need to nerf the high tier, just buff the low tier...), and a few are straight up bad (Little Mac nerf). Mac was perfect the way he was, nothing needed a nerf and KO Punch certainly didn't need a buff.

WFT's case is less making a bad character worse and more fixing an actual mistake that just happens to work against the character
pretty much this. WFT is a jank character and this change won't really effect her much at all and wasn't that important to her.

I'm glad that ganoncide still works though
any ganon that lands one of those worked for it and deserved the victory

Uhhh... so I just started playing Ness last night, and a friend was teaching me some more about him today. This happened my first For Glory match after our session...

https://vine.co/v/OJ7LHHnYw9u

Sorry it's only a link... don't know how to show the vine here...

Reactions: Rellek
Uhhh... so I just started playing Ness last night, and a friend was teaching me some more about him today. This happened my first For Glory match after our session...

Yeah, Ness' side smash can reflect projectiles, I think it's always been like that.
You can probably do the same thing to Villager's side smash as well.

Reactions: Covenant
Yeah, Ness' side smash can reflect projectiles, I think it's always been like that.
You can probably do the same thing to Villager's side smash as well.

You can, I was just hyped up about actually doing it in match.

Whoa, man, Babe Ruth over heeya, callin' 'is shots, and hittin' 'im outta the pahrk.

Seriously, though, that is among the most satisfying things to do in the game.

i could rest in her tilts for days

Well, yeah. Did you see the end-lag on those things pre-patch? Of course Jigglypuff could-
Ohh, that was one of those innuendo things, wasn't it?
Never was very good with those.

Last edited:
FNQ7HBl.png

This was something I've noticed as a minor annoyance, but I didn't think much of it until now. So:
giphy.gif

Great, it's even more broken than it was before. It needs to kill both players simultaneously, just take the stock from the Bowser player first.
Or just stay like it was and have the game yell at you in the losing screen if you could have DI'd it. Because a solid 99% of bowsercide wins I've gotten online have been times when my opponent only had to casually tilt the circlepad towards the ledge to live.
At the very least take the stock simultaneously so it goes to sudden death.

Or you could, you know
use the move as a body slam command grab instead of a homi/suicide.
That's always an option.
The problem is that if you don't have a good percent advantage your opponent can DI you off a cliff after you land a side B depending on how far away it is and how much percent advantage they have on you.
Which means bowser's side b is now the move that you use when you would like to lose.

Reactions: Covenant
Sorry for the double post buuuuuuuuuuutts

10806356_339326706254842_5861524778725127945_n.jpg

46 is the final number. How many do we know about right now?

Just went back and counted, we pretty much know all of them now.

The problem is that if you don't have a good percent advantage your opponent can DI you off a cliff after you land a side B depending on how far away it is and how much percent advantage they have on you.
Which means bowser's side b is now the move that you use when you would like to lose.

Then,
don't use the move when you've got a health disadvantage? Or by an edge if you don't want to go off of it?
Just pretend it's like Mac's sideB and only use it in the appropriate times and places.