• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I wouldn't say it's a gamechanger (ALL of the newcomers were unexpected so far) but it does give us a bit more insight in who's eligible to be added.
So pretty much anyone who's not an assist trophy.....
Let the thread overflow with random guessing and "proof" laden theories!

Pretty much. Yeah.

As I said, I only really want Bandanna Dee and Ridley, there are others that would be nice to have, but wouldn't be a deal breaker or seller.
Like Samurai Goroh, for example.
Wouldn't mind him.

i'm pretty sure based on the footage we have seen that Mario is a playable character

there's just a lot of signs pointing to it

Reactions: Rellek and Lavama
This is starting to become the year of Rosalina now.

1. She becomes a playable character in Super Mario 3D World.
2. She is confirmed for Smash Bros 4 as a playable character.

With all this attention she is starting to get I'm positive she will return for Mario Kart 8 now. Glad to see Nintendo is showing love for her again.

Reactions: Rellek
This is starting to become the year of Rosalina now.

1. She becomes a playable character in Super Mario 3D World.
2. She is confirmed for Smash Bros 4 as a playable character.

With all this attention she is starting to get I'm positive she will return for Mario Kart 8 now. Glad to see Nintendo is showing love for her again.

She was confirmed in today's Mario Kart 8 trailer as well.

She was confirmed in today's Mario Kart 8 trailer as well.

Hadn't seen it yet. Well, it's official then. This part and next year is the year of Rosalina.

Poor Daisy. ;n;

Well, to be fair Rosalina is an unexpected character from an existing, well established franchise. That's pretty different from an unexpected character from a new franchise. It shows that just because a franchise already has 4 characters doesn't mean they can't get a newcomer.
I wouldn't say it's a gamechanger (ALL of the newcomers were unexpected so far) but it does give us a bit more insight in who's eligible to be added.
Excuse me, I expected Rosalina in. Kthxbye

Actually I didn't speak about Rosalina. Now I can't say I had it because y'all wouldn't believe me. Jerkfaces.

HEY, LET'S HAVE MASTER CHIEF COME IN AND KICK ALL THEM NINTENDO PUSSIES ASSES!@asd

Also someone pointed that we've gotten like 8 or something pictures of Pyrosphere, no Ridley.
And we also saw it in Rosalina's trailer.
NO RIDLEY.

Either he's playable or his stage hazard hasn't been programmed yet

Also someone pointed that we've gotten like 8 or something pictures of Pyrosphere, no Ridley.
And we also saw it in Rosalina's trailer.
NO RIDLEY.

Either he's playable or his stage hazard hasn't been programmed yet
Gratz! Ridley isn't in at all! How do you feel for figuring that out?

I noticed that.

Maybe it's the Metroid Queen?

EDIT: Good God the Metroid Queen is Samus' mother. THAT'S related to backstory potential.

I know that Sakurai has to know that showing Ridley would be a big deal. I can really see Sakurai just saving it for later if Ridley is in fact a stage hazard.

Reactions: Jutsei
He also never outright said Ridley.
He said "An enemy from Samus' Past". That's /very/ broad.
Phantoon, Nightmare, both were in Other M.
hence why I said maybe.

He also never outright said Ridley.
He said "An enemy from Samus' Past". That's /very/ broad.
Phantoon, Nightmare, both were in Other M.

Yeah but given that the Pyrosphere IS where you fight Ridley, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

We only got short glimpses of Pyrosphere gameplay. There may be a stage hazard that they're just not showing yet.

Rosalina is officially in mario kart 8 it seems

and DAMN! that trailers is REALLY cute.

Also, i'd like to ask why people don't post the trailers here in this thread

Reactions: Φ
Rosalina is officially in mario kart 8 it seems

and DAMN! that trailers is REALLY cute.

Also, i'd like to ask why people don't post the trailers here in this thread

It's nice that they're adding more female characters to the roster.

Man I cannot predict who is going to be in this game. Doesn't mean I won't try though.

So I predict Blaziken (with Mega-Evo final smash) or Garchomp (also with Mega-Evo final smash)

Also, need more playable villains.

But Dixie Kong...

GUIZE GUIZE PUT RIDLEY IN!!!1!!1!11!

But dat custom robo and captain rainbow...

Oh and of course, Wonder Red. Definitely Wonder Red.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Sakurai has to be aware of how requested Ridley is, at least.
He is also aware of how impossible it is.

Rosalina has made me care about this game, my favorite mario character AND she is a puppet master? Literally the best possible thing. Still not gonna get a Wii U tho.

He thought Villager wouldn't fit at some point in Brawl's development.
He changed his mind, he could change his mind about Ridley
I meant citation.

I dunno, Smash Boards mentioned it somewhere and there was a picture.
It looked legit to me.

Anyway, still waiting for Wario
Oh ok, I found it. Turns out Villager was thought of for brawl, however scrapped because he wasn't suited for battle. Awesome, got that part. But what I found interesting about it was the stuff he said afterward about how Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer aren't very suited for fighting either, but this time around brought a new and unique way of battling. As we can see from Rosalina's inclusion, it's obvious that he's looking to expand the variety of the roster this time around. Interesting.