• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

The Super Fighting Robot isn't suited for fighting?

Yep.
THough I can only wonder who's next in the interesting category.
Ghirahim? :B
Seeing as we have 5 Mario reps, the Triforce bearers and TL in the zelda category basically confirmed, Girahim sounds possible. And that'd be another villain to add into the mix.

Yeah the beauty of the fact we have Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link means it's literally the Triforce.
Ganondorf's not leaving but I'm still wondering what his new moveset will be (If it happens, and I hope it will), so no matter what that'll probably feel like a new character.

In all honesty, due to Skull Kid being Assist (For now, I STILL THINK DLC IS POSSIBLE)
We have a few options
A. Tetra (And maybe Toon Zelda)
B. Ghirahim
C. Demise (????? Why?)
D. Impa (Shiek replacement if SS Zelda?)
E. Vaati
F. Tingle (God no)

If someone unironically wants Tingle in Smash bros playable I'm punching them

But I do want Tetra.
She has so much character
I bet you get Tingles when you think of her.

Reactions: Rellek and Jutsei
Go home, Rosalina in this game is enough to warrant a Wii U purchase for me.

Next year, when I forget about it and remember it again!

but when's little mac
Little Mac actually fights. It's clear by the looks of WFT, Villager and now Rosalina that non-fighters are taking priority.

I'd like to see Andy or someone from Advance Wars, but considering how the series has been ignored lately....

Just saying, next week is Link Between World's Japanese release (which is weird, I never knew of a Japanese game that had a Japanese release last).

Who knows, maybe Zelda will get revealed then, along with a picture of the three princesses bein' all stylish and regal and junk.

Just saying, next week is Link Between World's Japanese release (which is weird, I never knew of a Japanese game that had a Japanese release last).

Who knows, maybe Zelda will get revealed then, along with a picture of the three princesses bein' all stylish and regal and junk.

I think that is because... Zelda is not that popular in Japan (Odd isn't?)
That's one of the reasons why they choose a Zelda Musou (Is that how you write it?) which was a BAD choice (personal opinion) since a Fire Emblem one would have been awesome.

Anyway Rosalina! :) I gotta admit they trolled me hard with her introduction video.

I wasn't trolled, because due to the Miiverse update I knew it was coming.

THough, this makes me wonder.
Rainbow Road Stage?

It could be a substitute to the F-Zero stages

BECAUSE CAPTAIN FALCON IS NOT COMING BAAACCK AMAAAUAHAUAHUAUHA

Ok, sorry.
If he comes back I would like... a redesign! :)
Or alternative costumes, Link from the Hyrule Warriors looks kinda cool.

BECAUSE CAPTAIN FALCON IS NOT COMING BAAACCK AMAAAUAHAUAHUAUHA

tumblr_my15vlZdxz1sab8lno1_400.jpg

I know I am kind of late to the Rosalina Reaction Party, but my gosh, my initial reaction was significantly different from my post-trailer reaction:

Initial: "Oh, she's in it? That's pretty neat, I guess. Not exactly the most revolutionary or unexpected character, but I appreciate that a new character has been announced, and that the character isn't terrible."

Post-trailer: HOLY FROST-FLAME GALAXY she's a puppet fighter?!? That's like the single most difficult and complex character archtype in Fighting Games! I am soooooooo happy!"

Reactions: Rellek
Luma's movements seem pretty basic and not integral to victory with Rosalina, so she seems more "puppet-lite" as opposed to a full fledged one like Carl and what have you

Luma's movements seem pretty basic and not integral to victory with Rosalina, so she seems more "puppet-lite" as opposed to a full fledged one like Carl and what have you
I dunno, I feel like at least one attribute of Rosalina's will be intentionally poor (or at least below average) to force the player to use the Luma to cover for said shortcoming, like with most Puppeteers, for the sake of balance.

For me it seems that the Luma is the powerhouse since he has more knockback and it seems that range too!
What I would like to know is how "exactly" you control it.
Pressing B and then moving like Carl/Relius? something like that...

I dunno, I feel like at least one attribute of Rosalina's will be intentionally poor (or at least below average) to force the player to use the Luma to cover for said shortcoming, like with most Puppeteers, for the sake of balance.
Uh-oh, what's her upb gonna be like without the Luma? Because every time you see her use it, she's got the Luma with her.

For me it seems that the Luma is the powerhouse since he has more knockback and it seems that range too!
What I would like to know is how "exactly" you control it.
Pressing B and then moving like Carl/Relius? something like that...
I think its default movement is attached to Rosalina (AKA sittinf directly in front or behind her) then using the side tilt/bside it seems (The Luma does the spinning move forward a distance) pushes the Luma to that position (as seen with the Pit combo they had in the trailer).

Also opponents can hit them away from her in that way. I'm guessing that her B = summon a Luma if she doesn't have one and call it back if it's away form her.

Last edited:
Know who'd make this game really great?
Daisy
I'msupersrsguys

Know who'd make this game really great?
Daisy
I'msupersrsguys
Nah, Waluigi is the best choice.
I mean, we have Wario! We have to have Waluigi!

Nah, Waluigi is the best choice.
I mean, we have Wario! We have to have Waluigi!
Ohhellnaw. Daisy is the best option because that's why. But seriously, Rosalina is gonna be so fun to play as if she's in the 3DS version (presuming that the roster will be smaller).

Fuck Daisy.
I usually don't say that but fuck her.
I really would keep her as an alternate costume.
I mean she's got sports and mario party stuff.
But you know who else can do that, is connected to someone, and is charming?
Waluigi.
B-b-b-b-b-but! Okay...

Tell me something Daisy can do.

TELL ME.

I mean, Rosalina is the cosmic princess equivalent of God in the Mario Universe, of course she had moveset potential, but other than taking stuff from Kart, Tennis, Golf, etc, what can she do?

Bare in mind her only "canonical" appearance in a Mario game had her literally being a Peach clone just cause it wasn't in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Reactions: Rellek