• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I definitely wouldn't mind Shovel Knight, the only problem I'd have is if they decided to keep K. Rool, possibly the most requested from both western and Japanese areas, a mii costume. That'd piss me off.

Wow, whoops, I did not notice all these posts... I blame my slow internet. ignore little old me :^)

I hope he's not added into Smash, though- there are much better options then him IMO.
I disagree with this logic. There are indeed far better options, but he is still a good option, which is better than a bad one.
like the Splatoon squids.

I disagree with this logic. There are indeed far better options, but he is still a good option, which is better than a bad one.
like the Splatoon squids.
They're not my first choice, but saying Inklings are a bad idea is literally one of the most insane opinions I've ever heard.

It's more a thing of "if we have limited character slots, I don't want one of them to go to someone it could be better filled by".
I'm not going to be happy until they add Wonder Red. They didn't add him as a costume (to my knowledge), so my fingers are crossed.

I'd prefer that they not add anymore third party characters
but if I'm gonna accept anyone
it's gonna be Shoves.

but saying Inklings are a bad idea is literally one of the most insane opinions I've ever heard.
Smash fanboys tend to be bad enough, the Splatoon crowd needs to stay in the trash.

This discussion will be very off topic very fast, try to avoid that. And yes, it is my fault for initiating it.

if we have limited character slots, I don't want one of them to go to someone it could be better filled by".
But that's what I'm disagreeing with, someone I really want would please me most, but characters who are fine are still better than bad choices. I'm never going to get Bomberman, I'd still be cool with other options as long as they weren't outright bad.

I'm not going to be happy until they add Wonder Red
I will say I won't ever be as happy as I could be with Wonder Red in Smash, so I agree with you to an extent.

I'd prefer that they not add anymore third party characters
but if I'm gonna accept anyone
it's gonna be Shoves.
More third party characters is definitely not something that is needed, but I'd take Shovel Knight, Bomberman or a Belmont.

upload_2015-8-27_22-0-35.png

Maintenance is going to be done on both Smash versions on Monday

Post last second maintenance delusions here

Free Wolf

Popo and Nana.

Hey guys? Is it ok if I leave some of my old Smash Brawl related goodies here? I promise it's interesting... since... like... I actually made em and what not..

Yeah that'd be cool. It's still Smash Bros after all.

Well, ok. If you think it's fine ^_^ Here's an oldie I made.. Where Capt Falcon is at his manliness.

edit: I killed the topic D= *runs away crying*

Last edited:
Last minute ballot begging for Bomberman and Big Band.

If we get a Square rep, I personally think they would go for the characters already used in previous crossovers (White/Black Mage, Cactaur, Moogle, Slime) or maybe even one of the characters from Super Mario RPG
I wouldn't mind a White Mage or Black Mage, or even a Slime (a Slime Knight would be better IMO, however)

I would still prefer Neku tho
:y

RYDIA!
Also Cloud and Tifa. And terra. And Sephiroth.... Then the game'll look like this
al_110122_0055binout.jpg
or like this below:

K. Rool sucks, but if japan wants him in, there's no choice.

Good to see Dee and Mags ranking well, though. If anyone but Sakurai was making the game, they'd already be in, I bet.

What is the appeal of Bandana Dee.
he's the peoples' champ.
a symbol of what it means to achieve greatness through hard work and dedication.
Bandanna Dee is the true American Dream, more than anyone else in the series.
and he uses a spear and isn't a shitty anime character about like some series are

I like both K. Rool and Bandanna Dee

K. Rool because DK desperately needs a fourth rep, he's a heavyweight which we honestly lack, his design is really cool, and he's one of the last Big Bads of Nintendo franchises. If Dixie were with him , it'd easily round out DK perfectly.

I like BD because, just like with Dixie, he'd round out the Kirby series well enough for probably through the next installment, Spears have yet to be touched in Smash, his fanbase has consistently grown through these past couple of years, and he's just freakin adorable.

I don't understand Magolor though. At all.

Magolor would be way fuckin cooler than that glorified World 1-1 mook

Mags has a HUGE fanbase in japanese.
it's probably because he's Marx, but actually cool. He was so popular that his death was retconned and he is officially a (completely dickish) friend of Kirby's now. Because Kirby is everyone's friend.

I honestly and firmly believe that Jibanyan will be in Smash Bros at some point, be it Smash Bros 5, or DLC, because holy fucking shit is Yo-Kai Watch successful.
Already got three spin-offs, including a Just Dance Wii U exclusive game

You people have to understand that Japan barely knows who Shantae is. She's got I think one game on Steam only over there. She's basically another Little Mac, same as with Shovel knight. But we know that port's on it's way soon.

K. Rool because DK desperately needs a fourth rep
It needs a third rep before it can do that.

It needs a third rep before it can do that.

I thought Hoo-Ha was it's own character?

We don't speak of the dead.