• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Mom when are you gonna come home.
I've always been home. Watching you.
:- )

Actual legit leak in the spoiler u guys.
leek-on-white.jpg

Reactions: Ktulu
Actual legit leak in the spoiler u guys.
leek-on-white.jpg
Holy shit, wow. That one took me by surprised, I never would've guessed.

Holy shit, wow. That one took me by surprised, I never would've guessed.

Even more leaks are coming in u guys wow I can't ebleive
according to my ironclad totally legit u guys source they say "Sakurai said Φ is a dumb", that's all they can say for now but i think details are gonna start coming in fast

wait i have an incoming leak right now

Sakurai said to my exclusive leak source that he would be adding Ridley into smash bros once they could figure out how to properly implement bofa into the game.
when questioned on what bofa was, Sakurai answered with BOFA DEEZ NUTZ and promptly skateboarded out of the room

In other news that actually will need spoilers if more develops, apparently RogersBase is claiming he knows at least 1 DLC character lmao

He says it will be a newcomer from Nintendo and is "a character that would've gotten in Smash eventually"

but that describes a metric ton of characters, so

I haven't seen this many spoiler tags since the big Shulk leak.
Still not clicking any of them

You probably shouldn't since some of them are actual leak discussions, but, just know that there's a lot of fucking around.

Reactions: Jutsei
Both of you go to your room without supper.
You're grounded.
You can ground me, but you can't ground my husband.

I know it's kind of weird to bring this up now, but at the time I thought it would be explained and by the time I stopped paying attention it hadn't been, but why is Ryu in Smash?

I know at the time they talked about SFII becing iconic and being on the SNES, but he has his donkey kick and a parry effect, on top of FA, IV was on the 3DS, yeah, but they talked about SFII specifically in the press I saw.

This isn't complaining in the slightest, I think it's cool, it's just weird to me they pulled Ryu out of nowhere and didn't say much about it, as far as I can find, I guess you could consider it SFV promotion but that's still bizarre since it's on a completely different system to say the least.

It reminds me of Dante showing up in Nocturne but the trade there was completely explained.

Well, unlike most genres, Ryu is "the fighting game character." He was brought in as kind of a nod to fighting games as a whole kind of deal. It's just another iconic character to sit next to Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, you know.

And soon to be Daisy.

It's just another iconic character
Namco helped make the game, Megaman was long demanded by fans, SEGA was Nintendo's rival at one point and Sonic vs. Mario is a thing. Yes, Ryu is iconic, but it just seems to me like there is more to the story.

Ryu sucks and I don't like him in the game
he crosses the line I had and makes me want no more third parties ever.

Reactions: Φ
Ryu sucks and I don't like him in the game
I like Smash Ryu, but he doesn't mesh well with the rest of the game, I'll give you that.

tumblr_nwg9gtzmzY1ro0g5eo1_250.png

You get a broom just for the number of fallacies in that post.
Broom me all you want, I can take it.

I think Ryu is in because Nintendo realism how many games Capcom made for the S/NES, and that only getting one character out of a few dozen good picks might not have been the best idea.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I think Ryu is in because Nintendo realism how many games Capcom made for the S/NES, and that only getting one character out of a few dozen good picks might not have been the best idea.
Mega Man

Reactions: North888
Also because Ryu is THE Cameo Fighting game character in any crossover game ever

THis guy is everywhere: Asura's Wrath, Marvel, Tatunoko, Tekken, Mega Man...heck, he was apparently in Avatar the Last Airbender (Kind of)

Ryu is THE icon for traditional fightan
he was on a Nintendo console
he started in vidya instead of another genre
Capcom USA REALLY wanted him in
I think it's pretty open-and-shut why he's in

You guys are ignoring the obvious thing here
Smash Bros isn't a fighting game.

Since when does a Wikipedia article constitute as a source?

I would think that a world finals spot at MLG would count for something
In what? Standing as a competitive game? I don't think anyone said that it wasn't. And I assumed Ruin was joking about the fighting game thing.

Grand ol video of me and some chums being fools on For Glory.