• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Pac and GDubs wasn't big enough?
Clearly not. I had heavily wanted a Ridley tease, but oh well.

Well that was
weird.

There was more Smash information in the Digital Event than the Smash conference.
I guess PacMan was supposed to be the big reveal, but all reception I've seen for him has been lukewarm at best.
After the tournament the Smash hype train kinda just fizzled out.

Pac-Man can make a fire hydrant (Down A) that shoots water from it. He can also turn into his arcade self as his side attack, as well as grow huge and eat things. His Up B move is a trampoline that he can bounce off thrice.

Director Masahiro Sakurai emphasized Pac Man’s older design rather than the new one, he says, citing him as one of the oldest characters in games.

Images are already being uploaded:

screen-1.jpg

It's mostly because Pac Man was seen from a mile away, and already expected to be in SSB4

oh thank god not shitty pac-man.

I already don't care for his moveset but I want to see him in action. Seriously, a fire hydrant and trampoline? Then again there's not a lot to draw inspiration from, unlike Megaman or even Sonic.

it's sakurai, hon
he'll draw from the most obscure shit

WHAT IS THAT STAGE

IT LOOKS LIKE MY SISTER MADE IT

I mean I know it's a reference to a really old Pac-Man game BUT STILL

Hmm, no page for G&W yet. Foreboding...

It's not even G&W in that trailer.
I mean it is, but it's not his model.
It's just a drawing!
We've been lied to!

Oh yeah, apparently even the third party stages are gonna be different between U and 3D, considering there's 2 different Pac-Man stages.

If there's one thing Sakurai has been doing good lately, it's making characters I would otherwise not care for look fun and cool to play. All the little details and animations for Pac (on top of other characters) really goes to show how much more detailed and whimsical the art direction in this game is compared to previous entries.

There's a trail of thought going on that G&W was only used for the age comparison, since there's no confirmation by any official Nintendo channel about his introduction.

It's really weird for them to cameo him in the trailer like that and not put him in the game, but I'm pretty certain that it's too late for a confirmation now.

edit: Greninja'd it seems!

IS IT POSTED YET LMAO
IBhfQzD.jpg

Maybe a reference? Would they really take out a character like Game and Watch?

Ack! Pac-Man and all his Namco game references! It's wonderful!
Galaga and Mappy..?

No. It says that G&W's appearance in the trailer was not a confirmation of him being playable. It doesn't say that was a confirmation of him be unplayable.
oh sorry. My tired eyes misread that. My bad, everyone.

Now that I think about it, Bayonetta saying feather face was maybe a joke about Samus being raised by birds.

I can dream

I was hyped for the reveal of Palutena. Like hardcore man, that shit was hype. Looks amazing and really fun.

But srsly... Mii and Pacman... I cannot begin to describe my disappointment.

Cyberspace seems so torn between the reveals. It's like no one's really super hyped over it.

I'm not angry at the Pac-Man and Mii stuff. Always fine with introducing more characters to the Smash world.

Cyberspace seems so torn between the reveals. It's like no one's really super hyped over it.
I can't see how anyone who isn't a die-hard supporter of those characters would be very hyped about their inclusion... Like, I didn't really care if Palutena was in or not, but seeing her reveal was like "HOLY BALLS this character looks damn awesome! I wanna try her out!"

Reactions: Jake Was Here
pac is fine now that i've seen his design and playstyle
the only thing that makes me salty now is Hungrybox losing
he worked too hard for that shit