• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Rosalina's victory fanfare is the pre-level jingle from Galaxy/Galaxy 2. Looks like everyone's getting personalized fanfare this time!

Rosalina's victory screen....

36530-ryan-stiles-love-it-gif-dg7r.gif

There's a livestream of smash going on at Gamespot. That really powerful heart/skull enemy from Kid Icarus was shown in Smash Run.

There's a livestream of smash going on at Gamespot. That really powerful heart/skull enemy from Kid Icarus was shown in Smash Run.

Clubberskull? Yeah it was shown in the 3DS Smash Run footage that they aired during the Tournament last night.

The Clubberfuck cometh once more

Clubberskull? Yeah it was shown in the 3DS Smash Run footage that they aired during the Tournament last night.
Oh really? I must've missed it. Hope I'll be able to keep track of all the enemies once they come out :P

Man, I wonder what other news we might be getting.
Someone said we might be getting more?
I doubt that, but if we are...
Fucking radical

Jesus christ why did I read the smash boards?!
People are complaining about there being too many female characters, and that the female characters are pushing out villains... we have 8 female characters out of a roster that's looking to be 40+ and somehow they're knocking villains out of the roster?
At this point feminism is in the same scapegoat tier as Obama. "King K. Rool isn't in smash, I blame the social justice bloggers!"

Why would you do that

That's like, putting a toothpick in your toenail and kicking a wall.

Don't do that
God damn someone is saying that the person next to mario at the end of the pacman trailer is a "mystery newcomer"
I think I'm going insane...

(On a side note, last night my internet cut out in the middle of the final match of the tournament and then stayed out, like all night. I tuned in on my phone only fast enough to see that hungry box fucking lost, ruined my whole day. I've decided that ZSS is OP and that's why.)
((Actually one of my buddies raged for like an hour about how zss is too mobile to have quick long range attacks like that and I was just like calm down please you haven't even played the game yet.))

Crapping yourself, ripping your undergarments off, throwing them into a crowd, and harping on someone else for it doesn't sound like finding excuses to me.

Sounds like making excuses.

God damn someone is saying that the person next to mario at the end of the pacman trailer is a "mystery newcomer"
I didn't know the top of DK's tuft of headfur was it's own character. :PUN:

I didn't know the top of DK's tuft of headfur was it's own character. :PUN:
They said it was the same height as Mario so DK would be too tall
Who even thinks that way
What other nintendo character was introduced in 1981 and has that exact hair structure?

See, exactly why I'm steamed about people complaining about Smash 4.
They're just finding excuses at this point
and how are you complaining about the complainers any better? :/

All i'm seeing on both sides is a lot of complaining. Both sides equally disgusting

They said it was the same height as Mario so DK would be too tall
Who even thinks that way
What other nintendo character was introduced in 1981 and has that exact hair structure?
You heard it here first folks.
DK is too tall for Smash Bros :B

and how are you complaining about the complainers any better? :/

All i'm seeing on both sides is a lot of complaining. Both sides equally disgusting
What a flawed argument...
If you don't "complain about complainers" which is really just telling them to stop being stupid, they're going to keep complaining. If you find their complaints that disgusting you should probably appreciate people telling them to stop.
Now you can go too far with it, but Jutsei isn't even approaching that so it's really silly to call his comment "disgusting." He's telling people to hold judgment on a game until they actually play it.

Charge Blaster confirmed as another Up Special for Fox.

I think it will be like Diddy's. Interesting.

Giant Blow is confirmed as another Donkey Kong Up Special.

Hammer Bash is confirmed as another Kirby Down Special.

Not too big on the announcer this time around. He's alright, but doesn't match the raw hype that came with Brawl's announcer.

Yoshi's on the 3DS demo too.

Hmm, Charge Hammer for one of Kirby's Down Bs. Wonder what that will be.

I'm guessing it's that stupidly powerful skill where Kirby charges up the hammer, it sets on fire, and then launches the opponent. Similar to but slower and more powerful than Dedede's hammer.

In most Kirby Games, it's the most powerful non-one-use attack in the game.

What a flawed argument...
If you don't "complain about complainers" which is really just telling them to stop being stupid, they're going to keep complaining. If you find their complaints that disgusting you should probably appreciate people telling them to stop.
Now you can go too far with it, but Jutsei isn't even approaching that so it's really silly to call his comment "disgusting." He's telling people to hold judgment on a game until they actually play it.

Not really, all it is is just one big circle-jerk of complaints and the stuff isn't going to stop regardless.

*Smash info comes in*
*Group people like what they see*
*Another group of people don't like it and complain*
*another group complains about the people who don't like it*
*repeat*

What I would appreciate if there were less complaining (regardless of reason) to stop.

What I meant by both sides being disgusting was complaints on both sides of the spectrum (as a whole) cause I've seen some really nasty comments on various forums regardless if people liked or didn't like what they've seen so far. (I should've specified that so my bad on that one.)

The only issue I had with Jutsei's previous comment was that he was generalizing the complaints as making up excuses at this point. I'm pretty sure there are legitimate concerns that others may have issues with. (Like the way Tomo009 from the E3 thread had mentioned his issues with the game and the way how Jutsei and Ruin acted towards him.)

If you're not a competitive player, then you're going to see things/issues differently than someone who does. What you may find enjoyable may not be what others find enjoyable and vice-versa. Overall, it comes down to what each individual person values in a game.

What I would appreciate if there were less complaining (regardless of reason) to stop.

But you're complaining about the complaining about the complaining. It's worse than complaining about complaining because it's the most needless complaining.

...is my nose bleeding?

Let's just totally get off that topic. It's toxic and kills hype.

But you're complaining about the complaining about the complaining. It's worse than complaining about complaining because it's the most needless complaining.

...is my nose bleeding?

Let's just totally get off that topic. It's toxic and kills hype.
How was I complaining though? All I asked was how was complaining about the complainers any better?

But you are right, there is no point in continuing this topic.

Back